University Open days, anyone? (1 Viewer)

Concerti

HSC
im goingggg~

a few of my friends are coming as well..

spoonbender

HSC
Apparently there are gonna be trackworks or something so there are no trains tomorrow. Does anyone know how we've gotta get to Usyd/UTS?

Dod0

HSC
I wouldn't mind going to uws or unsw (if they have one soon?) to suss it out = o Might head out on sunday anyone else going ?

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Dammit yeah trackwork on the western line. I forgot about that... Guess the usual buses replace trains. Western line buses to strathfield and central i think, then can catch bus to usyd or walk to uts.
umm, are you sure? on western line theres only trackwork on next weekend (i.e.weekend starting on the 5th) :S
Trackwork - CityRail

nessarhino

HSC
I'm going to USYD for the first half of the day to a few lectures. It's going to be hot so I'm feeling horribly lazy to stay for more than half a day - let alone wander to UTS. Oh well, I have all the booklets anyway. :D See ya'll there!

Paradox.101

HSC
going to uts. sry. woo communications.
The Journalism seminar was PACKED today and funnily enough, almost everyone was Anglo-Saxon, I felt a little unique, being the only Asian, but hey, I'm usually known as the 'Asian, that is not Asian' :haha:

It was a great, informative day all in all, and who could reject FREE FOOD?!?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I shook the Dean of Law's hand. :) [from USyd]
Law building looks heaps nice from the outside, but looks 10x as good from the inside. Views were breathtaking, architecture was amazing. Only thing was that I suffer from vertigo, so I was sorta freaking out.

speedofsound

HSC
The Journalism seminar was PACKED today and funnily enough, almost everyone was Anglo-Saxon, I felt a little unique, being the only Asian, but hey, I'm usually known as the 'Asian, that is not Asian' :haha:

It was a great, informative day all in all, and who could reject FREE FOOD?!?
yes! there were SO many people for journalism, hardly anyone for the other communications lectures. i saw all of them except public communications and left half way through information and media because it was so boring...

it was indeed a fabulous day and i took about 5 lollipops home with me. and i will admit, i got a little excited over the free pens.

Paradox.101

HSC
yes! there were SO many people for journalism, hardly anyone for the other communications lectures. i saw all of them except public communications and left half way through information and media because it was so boring...

it was indeed a fabulous day and i took about 5 lollipops home with me. and i will admit, i got a little excited over the free pens.
The lady speaking on behalf of Journalism was really charismatic whereas the lady talking about information and media... was not. Almost half of the '30' people from the information and media seminar left half way haha...

Oh, and did you manage to fill out a survey and receive the free UTS tee or singlet? They're great!

Which course are you considering taking up?

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Going to these university open days makes me rethink my career path.

- commerce (UWS convinced me that it's a crap course to go with.. as did UNSW)
- medicine (interesting... but the work involved scares me.. all thanks to UNSW)
- psychology (Interesting, but haven't heard a thing about it)
- law (OMG!!! NEVER!!! UWS convinced me that it's a crap course)
- Science (UNSW convinced me that's it's a great course)

Obviously, the universities didn't directly say, "don't do it. It's crap", but the way they presented the courses made some seem more unappealing than others.

I'm quite interested in doing Commerce and Psychology, but hmmm... every university presents the unappealing side of Commerce.

I think I might go with Pharmacy in the future (how ironic.. I suck at chemistry)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)