Unprotected Sex With Someone: Papers or No Papers? (1 Viewer)

miaowsha

HSC
why would you bother asking for medical proof that they have no diseases rather than just wear a goddamn condom if it was a casual thing?

surely that would be the simpler option...
No idea, ask the large amount of tourists who don't use protection.

then that's their fucking fault? god, it's not that hard to do.
So.Hostile.

Would you like for me to refer you to a psychologist? You seem to have rage issues. Smile, it makes you happy :D

And fyi I didn't say it was not their fault, but perhaps papers would be a way of dealing with it?

I'd never have sex with anyone unprotected unless they were a long-term partner, I trusted them and we'd talked about our history, as others have said. Anything else is just stupid.
This may sound like paranoia to you. However, if you have a look at divorce rates and reasons behind them, cheating is up there. I'm sure if I could find information on non-marital relationship breakups it'd be the same or even higher.

As for the other point - yes it'd be a mood killer and all o.o Wouldn't anyone prefer to be safer? Trust vs Arseholes :p Put your hand up if you've been cheated on or know anyone who has been cheated on? Almost all my friends have been cheated on. One in particular caught herpes (incurable at this stage) from being faithful to her boyfriend of 4 years and he brought her it home. Of course papers before-hand would probably mean that he could have been clean before, but if he had it before then papers would have possibly prevented her from sleeping with him and thus catching it? Oh and she used protection. The point is that you can get some STI's with or without protection.

Eg: Anal gonorrhea. Even if a condom is used it is possible to contract it.
Genital herpes.
Genital warts.

Yes, even if they are your partner and you "trust" them doesn't eliminate this risk. What if the partner themselves doesn't know about them having it because they have not had any symptoms? Some STI's (including herpes) don't show symptoms. What if they just don't notice the symptoms or self-diagnose mistakenly because 1) it's embarrassing to go to the doctors 2) the symptoms can feel similar to non-STI infections eg urinary tract infections? 3) if visual symptoms occur, they can occur in more hidden places? (I'll even throw in the idea for say... if an extremely overweight person who has a lot down there doesn't notice a symptom which is tiny in comparison due to the fat deposits they have etc).

I can't believe nobody here would demand papers of cleanliness xD

Abstinence is great and all but most people do eventually get around to having sex.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I thought that getting checked before entering into an unprotected sexual relationship with someone was pretty much standard procedure, and good manners.

miaowsha

HSC
I thought that getting checked before entering into an unprotected sexual relationship with someone was pretty much standard procedure, and good manners.
!!!

First person who understands what I mean in this entire thread of replies, methinks.

I guess I was curious if it was wide-spread in today's youth, I guess not the youth of BoS o.o

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
!!!

First person who understands what I mean in this entire thread of replies, methinks.

I guess I was curious if it was wide-spread in today's youth, I guess not the youth of BoS o.o
Honestly, have you ever had sex?

miaowsha

HSC
Honestly, have you ever had sex?
Yes, and I avoid it when I'm outside of a relationship as I am extra paranoid about diseases. If you look up infection rates it's disgusting. My last bf told me he was a virgin but I still got him tested and tested myself to be courteous and not hypocritical.

Have you?

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
You'd also be surprised at how many people (especially travelers) don't use protection even when sleeping around.
Hmm nah i would not be. Backpackers are drunken horny sex-rats.

A lot of guys will pressure girls into not using it because it doesn't feel as good and some other crappy BS reasons.
Seriously who the fuck pulls that, and what dumbshit girl accepts. Personal experience is that girls are horny tarts who grab it and stick it in when you're not looking and then its like ohh wow hmmm guess we're not tarping up then eh, sssshit you better be clean woman.

And lol at all the school kids ranting on about how they will never have one night stands and only have sex when it is in a deep and meaningful relationship. Such ideals.

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
Yeah, this. If things are getting somewhat serious and both parties want to go bareback then then i'd be inclined to press for a screening, though I'd generally take their word for it rather than insisting on seeing written proof.
But when you've had 15 shots of ouzo and found some pretty little greek thing whose name you don't recall running around the beaches of Corfu and your boat sails out in 5 hours, doctor's clearances aren't really an option. Wrap it and hope.

disorder

HSC
If someone is worried enough to want to accompany someone to a doctor, they should just use a condom.

miaowsha

HSC
If someone is worried enough to want to accompany someone to a doctor, they should just use a condom.
Haha, did you read the thread? xD Condoms don't prevent every kind of infection . The only way would be to abstain and in a relationship people tend to have sex eventually. That's the point.

Hmm nah i would not be. Backpackers are drunken horny sex-rats.

Seriously who the fuck pulls that, and what dumbshit girl accepts. Personal experience is that girls are horny tarts who grab it and stick it in when you're not looking and then its like ohh wow hmmm guess we're not tarping up then eh, sssshit you better be clean woman.

And lol at all the school kids ranting on about how they will never have one night stands and only have sex when it is in a deep and meaningful relationship. Such ideals.
You'd be surprised though o.o Lots of girls do accept.

And lol at those ideals. I often hear schoolgirls and boys on the bus discussing things I'd have not done at 13 =X Funny how the extremes are xD

hayleyharlequin

, psychotic synchypnotic
HSC
yeah. i remember talking to my boyfriend about his sexual experiences, as i was a virgin when i met him. he told me he first had sex at fourteen/fifteen with his girlfriend at the time (who ended up cheating on him several times over nine months, at one point having a threesome) a couple of times with a condom. he had always used a condom with his exes.

when i lost it to him, we used a condom. and it was a first for both of us (together) to have unprotected sex after i asked my mum to put me on the Pill, not only for contraception reasons. we still use condoms, but we occasionally don't.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Would you request recent papers declaring that the person you are (about to) sleep with unprotected has not got an STI? .
i dont have unprotected sex with sluts. If my non-slag imagionary gf gave me an sti, then i kill her, or punch her in the ovaries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)