• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UNSW Chemistry Bridging Course... (1 Viewer)

SonyHK

HSC
Hi.. anyone doing UNSW Chem. bridging??
Today I went and they told me to buy a coat and a goggles just for the laboratory session...

I'm not gonna do chem. related things in my uni course...
So should I go and purchase these coat and goggles?? I feel it would be a bit of a waste if im only gonna use them a few times...

But they said I can't do that Laboratory session if I dont have these equipment.. So should I just not turn up to the lab session???????

Thx for your time

Numero Uno

HSC
LOL Hk how many accounts do u have :) ?? this is at least ur 3rd
anyway how much are the coats ...
if its greater then > $40 tell em to f off

lab work is the biggest bs

SonyHK

HSC
^ hahaha well I couldn't login my other one with the chinese character so I created a new one

anyway, so if I decide not to purchase coat+goggles, do I just not turn up to the Lab or wat>??

Last edited:

sunny

meh.
HSC
SonyHK said:
I'm not gonna do chem. related things in my uni course...
So should I go and purchase these coat and goggles?? I feel it would be a bit of a waste if im only gonna use them a few times...
You can sell them

SonyHK said:
But they said I can't do that Laboratory session if I dont have these equipment.. So should I just not turn up to the lab session???????
Labs are worth marks, to stop people doing exactly this.

But I'm impressed....uni hasn't even started yet and you're already contemplating skipping classes.

SonyHK

HSC
^ LoLoL!!
Glad I can impress you^^

By the way where can I sell these stuffs???

Maximus

Decimus Meridius
HSC
I'm also in the course. Where was it on campus that I can buy them tomorrow?

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Maximus: theres another thread.

And SonyHK, FFS just buy the lab coat + goggles. If you do any chemistry/biology/life science subjects in university, it is a necessary item - you can't turn up without them, else you'll get booted out of the lab.

As for selling them, I'm not sure if anyone would buy second hand lab coats.

G

Gavvvvvin

Yeah where can I buy a lab coat from on campus? Cant get one tomorrow cos im working...cant get one on thursday...so ill have to get one friday morning :S What time does that shop across from the roundhouse open?

SonyHK

HSC
t-i-m-m-y said:
And SonyHK, FFS just buy the lab coat + goggles. If you do any chemistry/biology/life science subjects in university, it is a necessary item - you can't turn up without them, else you'll get booted out of the lab.
I'm not doing any science subjects though... im doing commerce\law
but im trying to apply for med overseas, and they must have me have done chem. or dey wont let me apply..dats y i need to do this course:(

hey maximum its near the round house, i dont know wat time it opens though.. i tried to go after the tute today but it was closed by then:(
I would also like to know wat time it opens???
I think i might skip class on friday lol

G

Gavvvvvin

Im in the other womans group.

I dont learn anything in the lectures =\

SonyHK

HSC
hahaha, yea i almost fell asleep in that lecture!!

do u know where i can download some notes online so i can catch up on wat was taught...

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
I wouldn't if you are sure that you will never again need the equip. The Labs in the bridging course are bullshit and its not like you need to pass the Bridging Course anyway.

elfm

HSC
For anyone that cares, you can be lab coats from the uniform shop at the top of those massive stairs going up from the quad. For good quality goggles, get them from the optometry building... the others really suck and they're soooo uncomfortable to wear during those really fkn hot chem labs.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I arrived late to this mornings lecture and missed out on the first slide :(
Ok with the safety glasses, you can purchase them from Bunnings Warehouse or alternatively get prescription ones from the Optometry clinic somewhere near Barker Street.

You can buy the labcoat, which is around $20 methinks from the Union Shop on campus. That's all I wrote down from the introductory lecture, it's also helpful to wear fully enclosed footwear to labs.

Just a side question, on my timetable the subject CHEM1011 reads ''Laboratory''; Where exactly on campus is this?

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)