• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UNSW Chit Chat Thread 2014 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewk

HSC
How do we go about buying food from subway etc when we have a full day eg. Tomz I have 11-5 lecture tute lecture. How much time Do we have to get to and from classes, eg. If it says it finishes at 1 does it usually finish early and do tutes and lectures start at exact given time??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
How do we go about buying food from subway etc when we have a full day eg. Tomz I have 11-5 lecture tute lecture. How much time Do we have to get to and from classes, eg. If it says it finishes at 1 does it usually finish early and do tutes and lectures start at exact given time??

Classes start 5 minutes after the hour, and finish 5 minutes before the hour - typically.

edit: also why the hell did you not give yourself a lunch break

Thief

!!
HSC

The length of the tutes/lectures would depend on the tutor/teacher I assume. Just bring food from home?

Since you don't start until 11 why not have early lunch from 10:50 and bring a snack from home or buy one to eat between your tutes/lectures.

Thief

!!
HSC
Classes start 5 minutes after the hour, and finish 5 minutes before the hour - typically.

I have 4-6hrs blocks 5 days of the week (25hrs total), and don't have any lunch breaks because my timetable is full enough already :( Don't want to drag out how much time I spend at uni.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I have 4-6hrs blocks 5 days of the week (25hrs total), and don't have any lunch breaks because my timetable is full enough already :( Don't want to drag out how much time I spend at uni.
<_<

Uni is fun, I don't understand why people try and make it like school - i.e. get in, go to class, get out.

Drewk

HSC

I'm in a similar position to thief I live on central coast so I don't wanna be at uni longer that I have to and also doing an engineering degree means u have bad timetables :p
Btw eat in lectures or tutes?

Ty anyway

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'm in a similar position to thief I live on central coast so I don't wanna be at uni longer that I have to and also doing an engineering degree means u have bad timetables :p
Btw eat in lectures or tutes?

Ty anyway

Eat in lectures, but some lecturers may take offence.

Thief

!!
HSC
<_<

Uni is fun, I don't understand why people try and make it like school - i.e. get in, go to class, get out.
Because I have other things to do - my dog gets left alone all day so I want to get home to him, my free time to game, part time job etc.

How do you know? Did they e-mail us?
Yes and I'm in the CSESoc fb group and someone posted it on there 30mins before the email got sent out.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Because I have other things to do - my dog gets left alone all day so I want to get home to him, my free time to game, part time job etc.
All are easily fixable
- take your dog with you to uni
- game at uni (all the imports do this in the lib)
- get a job at uni

(not srs)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
A lot of people got gg'd today. Transits on high street.

edit: Posted this in wrong thread b4.

only male

HSC
N/A
I appreciate its a privilege to attend UNSW. Tho they seem to be over subscribed for their capacity.
Like some course have lectures running till 8:00pm Mon, Tues, Wed, and less but still long Thurs, Fri.
Thats long days especially for those with 1 hr+ travel on top. Like a 47+hrs week (plus 30 min lunch) attendance plus travel.
Even National Employments Standards limit hours to 38/wk for reasons of health and safety, unless agreed otherwise.
Is UNSW taking in too many students for its lecture facilities? I guess so?
Still, lucky to be taken in.

D94

HSC
N/A
I appreciate its a privilege to attend UNSW. Tho they seem to be over subscribed for their capacity.
Like some course have lectures running till 8:00pm Mon, Tues, Wed, and less but still long Thurs, Fri.
Thats long days especially for those with 1 hr+ travel on top. Like a 47+hrs week (plus 30 min lunch) attendance plus travel.
Even National Employments Standards limit hours to 38/wk for reasons of health and safety, unless agreed otherwise.
Is UNSW taking in too many students for its lecture facilities? I guess so?
Still, lucky to be taken in.
There is plenty of flexibility in the timetabling system such that you can design a timetable with less than 47 hours a week at uni. Post your timetable if you reckon you have 47 hours and you could not have reduced the number of contact hours.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
How do I link my unsw email account to my gmail account

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Which reminds me, didn't someone say there was supposed to be an O-Week BoS meat? what the hell happened to that <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)