Status
Not open for further replies.

mreditor16

HSC
Re: UNSW Chit Chat Thread 2015.

there was a thread

probably not in this case
https://www.it.unsw.edu.au/students/zmail/index.html

Make a pw for it which is separate to the rest and then you can use outlook 365. [noparse]zXXXXXXXX@zmail.unsw.edu.au[/noparse]

Not sure if there will be anything that will say you were enrolled into Actl/Sci at first but I highly doubt it.

Should show up as Actl/Commerce afterwards from here on in everywhere if it is fixed up that quickly. Shouldn't show up that you transferred or anything.
thanks guys. anom, how come I cant login with my alias for my email? e.g. firstname.lastname@student.unsw.edu.au

Why am I only allowed to login with zXXXXXXXX@zmail.unsw.edu.au?

HSC

Just to note that you can sign up for your OPAL concession card on myUNSW now.

The link is located in the 'Online Services' section.
Do you have to fill in any forms? I went on the section as you said and only had to click a box which granted the transport people permission to access some details. Is that all i have to do and can i now order an opal card?

HSC

Am i not allowed to accept an offer from UNSW and then later accept another UNSW one?

It is University policy that individuals may only accept one offer per semester. Does that means that I cannot accept another course in UNSW if i happen to be offered in later rounds.Also does accepting an offer from main rounds (unsw) automatically mean i cannot participate in the feb rounds at all?

QZP

HSC

Do you have to fill in any forms? I went on the section as you said and only had to click a box which granted the transport people permission to access some details. Is that all i have to do and can i now order an opal card?
+1 would like to know. Granted permission and then nothing happened :| What do I do?

QZP

HSC

+1 would like to know. Granted permission and then nothing happened :| What do I do?
https://www.opal.com.au/en/news/opalnews/news_18december2014.html

"How do I apply for a Concession Opal card?
Once your tertiary institution has completed the necessary preparations, full time students of that institution will be able to apply. The first step is to give your consent to your institution to share your details with Transport for NSW; this will likely happen during enrolment or you can do it anytime at the main student centre or office. Once you've given your consent wait 24-48 hours for Transport for NSW to receive your details then you can apply for your Concession Opal card via opal.com.au or 13 67 25 (13 OPAL)."

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad

Nope, thats it. It just says that you give permission to hand over your personal details to Sydney Trains.

They said also that we'll start receiving/collecting from the 2nd of February - which is nice! :D

CaptainPrice

HSC

Just to note that you can sign up for your OPAL concession card on myUNSW now.

The link is located in the 'Online Services' section.
This is embarrassing, but I can't find 'Online Services' section anywhere? Am on the right page?

mreditor16

HSC

"You are eligible for a NSW Tertiary Student Concession Card if you:
•are an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia; and
•reside in New South Wales; and
•are enrolled in an Australian Qualifications Framework, accredited higher education or vocational education and training course, at a tertiary institution authorised by Transport for NSW to issue tertiary student concession cards; and
•you are a full-time student enrolled on an internal basis (except where a person, by reason of disability, is enrolled on a part-time basis and/or on an external basis)."

Oh wow, it seems that part-time students (e.g. those on internships) might not be getting concession opal cards...

HSC

I have tried to change the times for my timetable but now it has in red words , Excluded by MATH1031, current enrolment . What does that mean?
if it says excluded does that mean i can never do it, even though it may be required in my major?
sorry for the many posts, Math1031 has in the section excluded ECON1202 which is a compulsory core course in economics/science so does that mean i cannot do both. It allows me to view my timetable, but the checklist box for timetable hasn't been ticked yet. HELP. the timetable says i'm in enrolled, blue colour, but i'm not sure.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

I have tried to change the times for my timetable but now it has in red words , Excluded by MATH1031, current enrolment . What does that mean?
if it says excluded does that mean i can never do it, even though it may be required in my major?
sorry for the many posts, Math1031 has in the section excluded ECON1202 which is a compulsory core course in economics/science so does that mean i cannot do both. It allows me to view my timetable, but the checklist box for timetable hasn't been ticked yet. HELP. the timetable says i'm in enrolled, blue colour, but i'm not sure.
can you screen shot, i dont know what your asking

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
HSC

Capture.PNG

its gone now, but it had all the tiles red. how do you know you finished enrolling? it just says get timetable, the box for enrolment basket isn't checked, so i cannot continue.

I'm doing eco/science, and it mentions that MATH 1031 is a compulsory course but then says on the handbook excluded: ECON 1202 which is another compulsory. What does it mean, can you not study them both at the same time or never? I want to MATH 1131 as well, but i cannot right because it is also excluded by MATH 1031?

Capture2.PNG

Last edited:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

View attachment 31703

its gone now, but it had all the tiles red. how do you know you finished enrolling? it just says get timetable, the box for enrolment basket isn't checked, so i cannot continue.

I'm doing eco/science, and it mentions that MATH 1031 is a compulsory course but then says on the handbook excluded: ECON 1202 which is another compulsory. What does it mean, can you not study them both at the same time or never? I want to MATH 1131 as well, but i cannot right because it is also excluded by MATH 1031?

View attachment 31704
The red boxes on the timetable, mean its a clash between two classes.

HSC

it's gone, i think it was just an error, because i kept signing in. anyway, do you know anything about what the excluding in the first pic means? I mean it excludes compulsory courses and how do your timetable is done, because there is no continue button.

HSC

yeah, now its normal, i think it was just not responding well. Anyway, do you anything about the second part of the question, the excluding of compulsory courses. How do you know if you finished your timetable, as the 2nd pic shows, i cannot move on from the enrolment basket. all it allows me to do now is print the timetable. sorry for the double post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)