UNSW commerce -- approx. how many students?? (1 Viewer)

sam_account

HSC
hi guys,

1 - I'm just wondering approximately how many students enrol in the Bachelor of Commerce at UNSW each year?? thanks

2 - umm..does anyone know of free basketball courts near or in UNSW?? thanks
i was having a look over the unsw unigym site and this is what i found:

Sports Hall Hourly Rates

Student/Concession/Staff
Public

Basketball
$37.00
$46.00

Basketball (1/2 court)
$26.00
$32.00

Basketball Ring (4 players max.)
$13.00
$16.00

surely, basketball courts can't be that expensive or are they??

thanks guys

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
1) Don't have exact numbers but should be around 700 for B Commerce and B Econ put together. Changes every year. Why would you want to know?

2) Nothing is free at UNSW even though we have to pay union fees and sports assoc fees etc... oh yeh except for fairy floss....that's free :p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe he's trying to calculate the number of fobs on the basis that the NESB figure is around the same number as the UAI cut-off?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Numero Uno said:
mate i wonder which idiots pay upto 46 buks for a basketball courts
i recommend u go somewhere else mate
You are hiring the entire indoor court which is very reasonable.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
How can freakin high school have free courts but Uni not. Uni's 10 times bigger than my high school.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Airness said:
How can freakin high school have free courts but Uni not. Uni's 10 times bigger than my high school.
If you're hiring an entire indoor sports hall it seems reasonable, it'd be rather dumb if they didn't have free or cheap courts outside though. Could you please link me to where those prices are listed? I want to check out the cost of hiring tennis courts :p

ace

is retired
HSC
Airness said:
Its because nothing is free. If the uni can charge for it, they will charge for it.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Airness said:
There's over thirty thousand students at UNSW, how many did you have at high school?

Alimoe_KG

HSC
redslert said:
There's over thirty thousand students at UNSW, how many did you have at high school?
Around 1000. :rolleyes:

Than again, uni fees seems to be a little fuking tad larger than high school fees.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Airness said:
Around 1000. :rolleyes:

Than again, uni fees seems to be a little fuking tad larger than high school fees.
Depends where you went...for exclusive private school guys, university's cheaper than school - maybe even by half!. For me though, uni's about 1.5 times more expensive than school was :p.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
1) I'd say from 800-1000. Micro 1 enrolment reached just over 1200 people in 2005. There are approximately 4500 undergraduate Commerce students.
2) No. But unless you are playing basketball on the whole courty by yourself, you can split the cost with those playing with you.

elfm

HSC
You can usually sneak into the tennis courts because they rarely lock the doors. The basketball courts (right next to the tennis courts) look very dodgey so it shouldn't cost too much, if any.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
All you have to do is join the basketball club at UNSW (one off payment), then you can go to their year-around scrimmages (sometimes trice per week) on the indoor courts.

sam_account

HSC
(Qoute) ""All you have to do is join the basketball club at UNSW (one off payment), then you can go to their year-around scrimmages (sometimes trice per week) on the indoor courts."" airness (Qoute) ""

where did u find this from?? if its true, then sweet, but if not, then i doubt i'll be playing much bball at uni..

"(Qoute) """"You are hiring the entire indoor court which is very reasonable.(Qoute) "" redslert

IMO, this is NOT reasonable at all, man 46 for ONLY 1 hour...that is way too expensive. the bbal courts in auburn are only $4 (trust me, their not shit, quite good in fact) , and unlimited time, so basically if u go with enuf ppl (say 10-15 frnds), then it is basically the same as hiring a whole bbal court as u guys wud end of playing full court. ... by this comparisonm, seems like unsw is ripping students off BIG TIME!!!!!!

airness, what are ur thoughts on this issue??

Razengen

RaVeR MeMbEr
HSC
From the prices there it does seem expensive... so just making it clear... there are no OUTDOOR courts that can be used by teh public ?...
i use to play at BUrwood PCYC.... use to be a good crowd every Thursday Night... but then the players there got shitter and shitter....

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Razengen said:
From the prices there it does seem expensive... so just making it clear... there are no OUTDOOR courts that can be used by teh public ?...
i use to play at BUrwood PCYC.... use to be a good crowd every Thursday Night... but then the players there got shitter and shitter....

That's what happens when PCYC imposes these rules:
1) $2 everytime u play on top the membership fee
2) Those under 18 can only play after 4 when there's "supervision" in the form of a sleeping or nail-painting girl

It's still my court though. Love it :) Ricky and stuff used to be there.

Razengen

RaVeR MeMbEr
HSC
Airness said:
That's what happens when PCYC imposes these rules:
1) $2 everytime u play on top the membership fee
2) Those under 18 can only play after 4 when there's "supervision" in the form of a sleeping or nail-painting girl

It's still my court though. Love it :) Ricky and stuff used to be there.

ROFL man you know RICKy ?,... his my good mate... you know his going back to COLUMBIA ?.... and never coming back... yea we use to play there... me and him.. but then ... we moved on.... he plays at Bankstown for his club... and i play at Alexandria for my CLub.... hmmm maybe i've seen you there before

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)