UNSW ID cards (2014 students) (1 Viewer)

williamdaft

HSC
So ceebs to head to UNSW b4 o week but I might gaaah
lol u should, you don't have to line up at all if you get it now.

on another note, I don't like the design of the unsw id card, they had terrible lighting upon my face so I looked like a criminal with dark skin tone and I'm only a bit tanned in real. Also my hair was messy :( lol

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
lol u should, you don't have to line up at all if you get it now.

on another note, I don't like the design of the unsw id card, they had terrible lighting upon my face so I looked like a criminal with dark skin tone and I'm only a bit tanned in real. Also my hair was messy :( lol
yep sounds about right on how all ID photos are

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
What's ever on your myUNSW site on personal information, your formal name will appear on your card. A normal driver's license shall do.

Altogether it should take no longer than 2 minutes for the whole process.
If you don't have a normal driver's license, what form of id do you need to bring then? And can you get access to the concession transport form online and print it off and fill it out or do they have it and you just ask them for it? And which exact building do you actually go to for your ID cards and enrolment questions?

williamdaft

HSC
If you don't have a normal driver's license, what form of id do you need to bring then? And can you get access to the concession transport form online and print it off and fill it out or do they have it and you just ask them for it? And which exact building do you actually go to for your ID cards and enrolment questions?
I suppose a birth certificate or your high school student card can suffice.

The concession is included in the student card. The circle on the top right of your student card is your concession, so they're both in one card, except you have to come back every year to change it as the circle contains the year 2014 for now.

You can get the ID card and enrolment questions in either two places. One is the first level in the library, and just walk forward and you'll see it. It closes at 4pm. Or you can go to FM Assist, which you walk outside the library and go behind it, opposite the Scientia Lawn and you'll see the sign FM Assist and go left, and you can get your card/ask questions there too, and it closes at 4:30pm there.

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
lol my mate who's 2nd year looks naked in his ID photo cause he was wearing a singlet and you can't see the singlet at all... lol

williamdaft

HSC
lol my mate who's 2nd year looks naked in his ID photo cause he was wearing a singlet and you can't see the singlet at all... lol
:haha:

i was wearing a black shirt, so I looked more of a criminal now.. gr8

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I suppose a birth certificate or your high school student card can suffice.

The concession is included in the student card. The circle on the top right of your student card is your concession, so they're both in one card, except you have to come back every year to change it as the circle contains the year 2014 for now.

You can get the ID card and enrolment questions in either two places. One is the first level in the library, and just walk forward and you'll see it. It closes at 4pm. Or you can go to FM Assist, which you walk outside the library and go behind it, opposite the Scientia Lawn and you'll see the sign FM Assist and go left, and you can get your card/ask questions there too, and it closes at 4:30pm there.
Thank you so much:)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You will need a birth certificate or passport (i'm not sure but maybe it will do) then.

Go to FM assist which I think is around F20 on the reference map. Its entrance is opposite the Commonwealth Bank.

I went there and the lady told me to fill out the travel concession while the id card was being printed. Then she took the form and placed it in a box filled with everyone else's travel concession form.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
On my licence photo, there was so much light, that even though I am wearing a yellow shirt, it looks like my head is just floating in the air.

On the UNSW id card, the photo would have been great, bar the fact that the shot looks like I wasn't ready and looked a bit "trippy".

The worse thing is that the lady there said: "terrific photo" after she took it and started the card print.

Then I took the card, and almost cracked up when I saw the photo that my "Thanks" was broken.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
On my licence photo, there was so much light, that even though I am wearing a yellow shirt, it looks like my head is just floating in the air.

On the UNSW id card, the photo would have been great, bar the fact that the shot looks like I wasn't ready and looked a bit "trippy".

The worse thing is that the lady there said: "terrific photo" after she took it and started the card print.

Then I took the card, and almost cracked up when I saw the photo that my "Thanks" was broken.
I have a feeling that she is the kind of lady that will say 'terrific photo' regardless of who the person was:), in a bit of dilemma if they don't accept a form of identification that is not a birth certificate or passport-considering my passport is out dated and I need to apply for a new one as soon as possible

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I have a feeling that she is the kind of lady that will say 'terrific photo' regardless of who the person was:), in a bit of dilemma if they don't accept a form of identification that is not a birth certificate or passport-considering my passport is out dated and I need to apply for a new one as soon as possible
Most likely yes. But I tend to have a case of laughing over the silliest of little things. I didn't look back to see if she laughed as well though.

Read this about identification when getting your UNSW id:

https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/atoz/StudentID.html

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
it doesn't matter when you get it, the only time you are supposed to need it is your first quiz and that is if your tutor is an anal asshole. You only definitely need it before your first end of sem exam, even then you can use your driver's license

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
Can we go on weekends lel? Much easier than weekdays for meh.

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
Got my ID card a few days back. I look like a pedophile == The lights are horrible

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
It is, but the FM Assist where you get your cards probably won't be open.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)