UNSW Med. Physiology (1 Viewer)

crachel

HSC
I'm interested in the med course by UNSW.... But unsure of the ATAR needed, I guess it's gonna ba VERY high :s

kbsb

HSC
i dont think what youre talking about is a "medicine" course in that it qualifies you to become a doctor....its more like an excercise science degree

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Any of the Bachelor of Medicine courses will of course not qualify you to become a doctor as you need a Bachelor of Surgery as well... which you can complete later on once you're finished a degree in medicine.

Biomedical science and Medical sciences are very interesting to study though.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Any of the Bachelor of Medicine courses will of course not qualify you to become a doctor as you need a Bachelor of Surgery as well... which you can complete later on once you're finished a degree in medicine.

Biomedical science and Medical sciences are very interesting to study though.
Uh what the fuck?

MBBS is effectively one degree. Just one really long degree. Newcastle's BMed is identical to every other University's MBBS.

Those courses are BMedPhys, which isn't Bachelor of Medicine, it's Bachelor of Medical Physiology. Not even close to related.

Next you'll be telling me MD in USA (Doctor of Medicine) requires a follow up DS (Doctor of Surgery) to be able to become a full fledged Doctor.

Lukybear

HSC
Uh what the fuck?

MBBS is effectively one degree. Just one really long degree. Newcastle's BMed is identical to every other University's MBBS.

Those courses are BMedPhys, which isn't Bachelor of Medicine, it's Bachelor of Medical Physiology. Not even close to related.

Next you'll be telling me MD in USA (Doctor of Medicine) requires a follow up DS (Doctor of Surgery) to be able to become a full fledged Doctor.
Whats with all the hostility? Chill man chill

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Uh what the fuck?

The Bachelor of Medicine offered by Newcastle and UNE as the JMP (Joint Medical Program) is not really the same. It takes only 5 years to complete and does cover most of the same content, but not all of it. The JMP is the only exemption from it as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)