UNSW Sem 1 Final Exams Thread (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
I thought I might as well get this thread started, because ...

There has been a significant change in examination rules, effective this semester. I might as well quote the email I got in my zMail

"Please note that from Semester 1 2015 all wrist and handheld watches must be removed before the exam and placed in a clear resealable bag under your seat. Due to an increase in technologically advanced smart watches and analogue watches, students are no longer permitted to have watches on their wrists or desks."

To be honest, with this rule change, I don't even see the point in bringing in your watch.

Anyway, hope midsem assessments are going well, guys :)

HSC
Uni Grad
Lets hope I can get some good spacing in between exams. I'm gonna bet I'll have an exam on the last day of exam period though.

I want less morning exams, but we'll see about that.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
no more watches on desks? wtf

Are we going to have another Leighton Hall debacle where they set up the projector to have a massive digital watch on it - only to face every single desk the opposite way and have a teeny tiny analogue clock on the opposite wall?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Anyway how big are the clocks usually? Is there more than one?
Depends.

If you're lucky, you get a big projector screen and they put a full screen digital clock on it

If not, you'll get standard size analogue clocks hung up on artist easels or walls and gg if you're far away

There's a few clocks around but it's a matter of the distance you are from them and the size of the time

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
when they put a clock not even 30cm in diameter about 25m from you

everyone is

omni16

HSC
I thought I might as well get this thread started, because ...

There has been a significant change in examination rules, effective this semester. I might as well quote the email I got in my zMail

"Please note that from Semester 1 2015 all wrist and handheld watches must be removed before the exam and placed in a clear resealable bag under your seat. Due to an increase in technologically advanced smart watches and analogue watches, students are no longer permitted to have watches on their wrists or desks."

To be honest, with this rule change, I don't even see the point in bringing in your watch.

Anyway, hope midsem assessments are going well, guys :)
If this kinda stuff carries on, I'm imagining they'll be banning glasses because of the google glass..

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
UTS have explicitly banned "smart" watches for about a year now. But I think they were already covered by the rules which prevent you taking in other electronic devices. (Bet its the same at UNSW/elsewhere)

But with hybrid watches like the Kairos I wonder if it will be hard to enforce. A blanket ban like this sucks, but you can see why they'd do it.

On the other hand exam staff typically inspect your calculators when collecting the forms - can't be too hard for them to look at watches too.

HSC
Uni Grad
If this kinda stuff carries on, I'm imagining they'll be banning glasses because of the google glass..
I'm actually thinking that's gonna be the case as well.

Just as long as it doesn't go to the extent of China's University entrance exam - they even have security checks before the exam, in many urban districts that is (Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, etc).

mreditor16

HSC
I'm actually thinking that's gonna be the case as well.

Just as long as it doesn't go to the extent of China's University entrance exam - they even have security checks before the exam, in many urban districts that is (Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, etc).
So you think, in the future, they might ban glasses, due to the rise of things such as Google Glasses? Then, what do they expect from those who need glasses to see?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)