UNSW Tips & Tricks? (1 Viewer)

HSC
At midnight they add $1 to the price of rum, and if you are buying carlton draught for $3.50 with your rege card it goes up to $4 after midnight too.
hahah you guys sound like such rege rookies.
call it bundy man, half the reason why every college kid gets magget off that stuff is the price.
just glad they didnt have the smirnoffs on the rege card like last year, they were lethal, had some very interesting nights

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
My recommendations to add along with some of the others posted above:

• $3.50 Pearl Milk Tea at Southern Wok (ask for no ice)
  • Chicken Roll at Roundhouse (forgot the price but still pretty cheap)
  • Library level 9 for studying
I also highly recommend walking through ASB Level 1 to get to the Quad :D

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
good stuff, heres some more

use the top bus stop. the ratio of 891's to students at the top bus stop is way better than the ratio of 895's to students at the anzac parade bus stop. (the route from high street to central also contains less traffic ie, top bus stop is quicker
So where exactly is this top bus stop? On high street? :S

Simo91

HSC
near lowy building. its the next gate up from where it drops you off at the top of high st on your way to unsw.

FlipX

HSC
My recommendations to add along with some of the others posted above:

• $3.50 Pearl Milk Tea at Southern Wok (ask for no ice)
  • Chicken Roll at Roundhouse (forgot the price but still pretty cheap)
  • Library level 9 for studying
I also highly recommend walking through ASB Level 1 to get to the Quad :D
Amen. Everything from the Viet places ftw, really - chicken/pork rolls, Viet spring rolls, pho... And with two branches (Matthews and Roundhouse), you can't go wrong. :)

The ASB Lv1 route to the bottom floor of the quad = awesome. You can get all the way from ASB to Matthews while remaining under cover - great for rainy days like today!

Also, take the damn stairs instead of waiting for the ancient lifts in Elec Eng - it's good for ya, and no one likes the losers who hitch a ride up one or two floors. -.-

PS - Avoid Quad food at all costs. The different branches are all owned by the same people, and everything they do is overpriced and dodgy. *vomits*

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
honestly the pho and chicken/pork rolls is an insult to vietnamese food.

so bloody bad.

freelywilly

HSC
PS - Avoid Quad food at all costs. The different branches are all owned by the same people, and everything they do is overpriced and dodgy. *vomits*
But the coffee there is AWESOME :guitar:

FlipX

HSC
honestly the pho and chicken/pork rolls is an insult to vietnamese food.

so bloody bad.
Yes, yes - but this is by comparative uni standards.

But the coffee there is AWESOME :guitar:
Fair enough. CSE, Blue Stone, Quad - in that order. Coffee cart is over-rated - friendly enough service but the coffee tastes like water. Vivlio has snotty staff and we don't even speak of JG's...

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
Fair enough. CSE, Blue Stone, Quad - in that order. Coffee cart is over-rated - friendly enough service but the coffee tastes like water. Vivlio has snotty staff and we don't even speak of JG's...
Agree 100% (though I've never tried CSE for coffee). I used to go to Vivlio all the time for convenience's sake until they had a change of staff and suddenly: "Oh, we don't do sugar, you need to add it yourself." Alrighty then.

Blue Stone is awesome all round for coffee: friendly staff, not overpriced, great choice (hazelnut syrup ftw) and tastes good. :)

Danmiff

HSC
i go to the coffee cart pretty much purely for the friendly staff
the lil "hello dere" that the bloke says when you get to the front of the line is worth 100 coffees on a hangover-filled rainy morning

Scinery

HSC
I love this thread!

Can someone tell me which places at uni never close? Allnighters at uni?

Use the Foodcourt to get to Matthews
You can generally get away with not having the right bus ticket.
Can someone tell me why everyone lines up for the 895's after Uni when the Town Hall buses always have seats?
Come to uni early to avoid traffic, sleep on library level 3.
ASB comp labs if you just want a place to sit. How do i know if theres a class happening here?
Theres a password for the unsw webauth Wifi if the main one doesn't work - i cant remember it. What is it?
There always happens to be parking at the end of Forsyth/Willis street - 6 minute walk to uni.
They sell Gatsby hair product at the quad chemist LOL.
Alcohol on upper campus at the Wok place near Eora, right?
Cheap rolls in the shifty place inside the pavillion near matthews - $3.50 I think.
The Gradu-Eat at Fare stays open late - and gives generous discounts if you befriend the owners.

Pls answer my q's esp regarding allnighters @ uni.

HSC
Can someone tell me which places at uni never close? Allnighters at uni?
Places that are open after hours (ie. requiring swipe access) would usually have security coming in, checking IDs and eventually kucking you out when they close. Afaik, this rules out Law Library and main Library.
Latest i've been at uni is 12am in ASB, otherwise, i've heard from friends of allnighters in Quad computer labs, Squarehouse and Red Centre

You can generally get away with not having the right bus ticket.
Transits come onto 895/891 everynow and then

Can someone tell me why everyone lines up for the 895's after Uni when the Town Hall buses always have seats?
Because people want the quickest way to Central.

ASB comp labs if you just want a place to sit. How do i know if theres a class happening here?
Quad computer labs? There should be signs on the door saying whether a class is in progress or not

They sell Gatsby hair product at the quad chemist LOL.
ahaha a tribute to our great culturally diverse uni. Lipton ice tea is also cheapest on campus there

Alcohol on upper campus at the Wok place near Eora, right?
Southern Wok has alcohol? Would save a trek (even if downhill) to unibar

henry08

HSC
N/A
Main library closes at 10 each night.
Southern Wok does sell Alcohol, probablly more expensive than the Roundhouse though.
What is "Gradu-Eat at Fare", I don't know most of the food places names, just their location/and whether they sell good food or not lol.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Main library closes at 10 each night.
Southern Wok does sell Alcohol, probablly more expensive than the Roundhouse though.
What is "Gradu-Eat at Fare", I don't know most of the food places names, just their location/and whether they sell good food or not lol.
The one up in the back corner. It's red and white I think and their chai lattes are pretty decent.

FlipX

HSC
Latest i've been at uni is 12am in ASB, otherwise, i've heard from friends of allnighters in Quad computer labs, Squarehouse and Red Centre
Yup. Come hang out with the all-night crammers. :bat: There used to be WoW kids as well, the couple of times I pulled all-nighters, but WoW seems to have died off...

It used to be called Tasty Bites and was tres dodgy. I still wouldn't touch it now, mostly because of a deadly allergy to puns.

Question: Any new material? We've covered a lot of the usual "secrets" already...

Justina

HSC
Any good places to park within a 10min walk to uni? I always have trouble finding parking :(

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
Any good places to park within a 10min walk to uni? I always have trouble finding parking :(
I wouldn't mind knowing this too, especially when it's not during semester (eg, during stuvac and so on). Is finding a spot easier, harder or much the same compared to during semester? Particularly nearer to upper campus than lower campus.

All I need to do is go hand an assignment in, really don't feel like the epic public transport trip. :(

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
but if i tell you then you'll take my spots :(

my secret parking spot is 5-10 mins max :D

cannonbomber

HSC
I wouldn't mind knowing this too, especially when it's not during semester (eg, during stuvac and so on). Is finding a spot easier, harder or much the same compared to during semester? Particularly nearer to upper campus than lower campus.

All I need to do is go hand an assignment in, really don't feel like the epic public transport trip. :(
during stuvac, its much much easier finding spots on wansey rd, arthur st & botany rd (for upper campus ppl).

btw, does anyone know where one can get free printing on campus?? cos no rational person would pay 11.5c per page for fricking black & white @ the main library

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)