Unsw>usyd (1 Viewer)

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
UNSW pwns in Engineering and Commerce which are the two best degrees so it automatically wins.
Pretty sure UTS pwns both in Engineering... as well as Wollongong, quite simply because they seem to have much better connections and much higher post-degree employment ratios

Science is not that useful as Commerce or Engineering in society these days
lolwut?

How did you input this data onto this forum? Oh that's right, using a computer... now who invented these contraptions again? Oh that's right...

Not to mention Medical advances, electricity, discovering the principles you use in Engineering...

Engineering = useful but not more useful than Science... more likely employment maybe, use no...

And like hell we need more Commerce Kids... the majority of them are morons anyway working dead end jobs.

imyh

HSC
the 6mb internet thing only applies to fisher lib. i've been using unlimited

hscishard

HSC
How did you input this data onto this forum? Oh that's right, using a computer... now who invented these contraptions again? Oh that's right...
Without engineering, there would be no medicene (made).

Science is the understanding and using, engineering is the process of inventing and creating.

bio_nut

HSC
No, I don't think you have any idea of what science outside of high school entails at all, to be honest.

hscishard

HSC
No, I don't think you have any idea of what science outside of high school entails at all, to be honest.
Duh. I have science in school to worry about.

Take the study of the human body as an example. Medicine aims to understand and sustain the human body, while biomedical engineers design artificial devices that enhance and replace some of the body's functions, like the pacemaker and the bionic eye.
Scientists study the world as it is; engineers create the world that has never been.
- Theodore von Kármán

UNSW site, future students. I may have interpreted it wrong. But meh

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Duh. I have science in school to worry about.

Take the study of the human body as an example. Medicine aims to understand and sustain the human body, while biomedical engineers design artificial devices that enhance and replace some of the body's functions, like the pacemaker and the bionic eye.
Scientists study the world as it is; engineers create the world that has never been.
- Theodore von Kármán

UNSW site, future students. I may have interpreted it wrong. But meh
That doesn't mean that people doing Science degrees are not able to engineer new products.
For example, most of the people I know in the organic chemistry department doing honours/phds (and also lecturers) are out there designing new drugs or coming up with more efficient ways to synthesise a currently existing drug which has the potential to be commercially applicable in the future...and most are doing science degrees, not chemical engineering degrees. Just because you have a certain degree, doesn't mean the stereotype associated with the degree should define what you can or cannot do.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
That's exactly what John McGee wants to do when he gets into honours.

But I suppose one can make the very convincing case that organic synthesis is a discipline of engineering moreso than science.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Asthetically speaking, I think USyd wins. I mean hey, who said choosing a university was based purely on education?

Plus, the Arts department of USyd was ranked 6th internationally when I enrolled.

hscishard

HSC
That doesn't mean that people doing Science degrees are not able to engineer new products.
For example, most of the people I know in the organic chemistry department doing honours/phds (and also lecturers) are out there designing new drugs or coming up with more efficient ways to synthesise a currently existing drug which has the potential to be commercially applicable in the future...and most are doing science degrees, not chemical engineering degrees. Just because you have a certain degree, doesn't mean the stereotype associated with the degree should define what you can or cannot do.
Wait. So you're a qualified engineer if you do science? Awsome.

But in an engineering job interview situation, I think the engineering degree may be more looked into than the science degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)