URGENT (Coles Myer Group Interview) (1 Viewer)

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
argghhh i have a group interview for coles myer this thurs, anyone got any tips? i HATE job interviews :(
when they say bring ur resume and ID, they seriously mean ONLY ur resume and ID. dont even bring a folder to put it in, cuz they'll just take it out. i put my resume in a plastic sleeve and the guy still took it out cuz he sed they have too much folders and sleeves

get involved with the activities.
b4 the interview even begins they'll even tell u to get involved with the activities so they can assess you, but you'll be suprised how many ppl still dont get involved

be careful what u say, cuz u dont wanna say nething stupid, racist or sexist or nething offensive

there is no doubt that the recruitment officers there will crack jokes just to break the ice or help keep ppl relaxed, i guarantee u that most of the jokes will be lame and just stupid, but i advise u to still laugh or just smile at the jokes, but dont over do it! (it is sucking up 2 em, but u never know it can still work)

my final piece of advice is to relax (i know it sounds stupid), cuz if ur feeling really nervous it will show in some of the activities. do what ever it takes to keep u calm and confident

other ppl have posted in this thread and forum what u should expect at the interview, it will be smart to read it

Carlito

HSC
argghhh i have a group interview for coles myer this thurs, anyone got any tips? i HATE job interviews :(
omg.. why are they having more group interviews if they cant even give jobs to people who did them weeks ago....
i went to a group intervew like a month back and a few days after that i got an email that said i was accepted to advance further and that they will contact me when a position is available. SInce then i've heard nothing....

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
at least you know that you'll get offered something if it comes up though.. im so desperate for a job im content with that anyway.

Suney_J- thanks heaps for all the advice. does the whole thing seriously take 2 hrs?

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
at least you know that you'll get offered something if it comes up though.. im so desperate for a job im content with that anyway.

Suney_J- thanks heaps for all the advice. does the whole thing seriously take 2 hrs?
nah, mine didn't take that long

i started 15 mins late and finished half an hour early

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Suney_J
when they say bring ur resume and ID, they seriously mean ONLY ur resume and ID. dont even bring a folder to put it in, cuz they'll just take it out. i put my resume in a plastic sleeve and the guy still took it out cuz he sed they have too much folders and sleeves

get involved with the activities.
b4 the interview even begins they'll even tell u to get involved with the activities so they can assess you, but you'll be suprised how many ppl still dont get involved
yeah most people brought big resumes, certificates etc. they just want the 1 page they can take and keep

also - referees. must be previous employers OR school teachers.

Originally posted by Carlito
omg.. why are they having more group interviews if they cant even give jobs to people who did them weeks ago....
because they are getting everyone through them. to have all possibilities, and hire as many 16yo as possible.

Aussiechick

HSC
I had a group interview the other day and I enjoyed it! I was befriended by this really outgoing girl who kept me really calm and relaxed the whole time :) we just chatted to each other and bounced ideas off each other to the rest of the group. It turned out really well :) I hope I get to the next stage!

Oh by the way I was almost the youngest one there! I'm 17, and most of the others were between 18-25

Carlito

HSC
lol, hrmm... they said they would call you if you get to the next stage, but they only emailed me.... and i dont even think they tried to call, i didnt notice any missed calls....

and this was weeks ago i had mine and passed, and i still dont have a job with them, so dont get your hopes up.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i passed mine literally months ago and i'm still waiting

and they always say they will call, then they don't or they send an e mail or letter

r31vhead

Is anyone here from Perth and going to the group interview in Osborne Park? It's listed on the website as tomorrow (31st) but I'm busy and will make a booking for a later session.

^___^
HSC
i got the email straight after the interview

yea :\

"Thank you for your participation in our recent group interview. We would like to advise you that you have advanced further in the recruitment process for a position with Coles Myer Ltd.

We are currently processing your application, in order to find a vacancy that matches your skills, experience and availability. There is no need to reply to this e-mail we will contact you to inform you of the next step in the selection process. "

Not good aye :\

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by ...
i got the email straight after the interview

yea :\

"Thank you for your participation in our recent group interview. We would like to advise you that you have advanced further in the recruitment process for a position with Coles Myer Ltd.

We are currently processing your application, in order to find a vacancy that matches your skills, experience and availability. There is no need to reply to this e-mail we will contact you to inform you of the next step in the selection process. "

Not good aye :\
congrats

thats exactly what i got, its been 3 weeks now!

Carlito

HSC
I got the same months ago... its not good cause chances are they will probably never follow up on it

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Carlito
I got the same months ago... its not good cause chances are they will probably never follow up on it
yeah same with me

Originally posted by Mr Wiggle
The colesmyer people said to me when i went that if you make it to the next stage and don't receive a phone call then you ring the parramatta office and check weather your application has been sent to the place you want you to work.

Heres there contact number

http://careers.colesmyer.com/content.asp?newsid=90346
i did that and they didn't care

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
From experience, i tell you Coles Myer Group Interview is a waste of time if you are seriously looking for a job because they don't accept alot in.

If you want to practice and know what a group interview feels like, then yeah i guess is good for experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)