URGENT: How many themes are required in a comparative study to get full marks? (1 Viewer)

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
FRANKENRUNNER: So I have a practice essay that's around 1200 words, I have a 40 minute exam tomorrow and I'm a lamentably slow writer. I have the role of nature, the dehumanisation of an unbridled pursuit of knowledge and the nature of being human as my three themes. If I only put the role of nature and unbridled knowledge in my written response tomorrow + a contextual second paragraph explaining the context of Shelley and Scott, will I lose marks for not exploring 3? Or should I toughen up and go all out with all 3 themes, at the risk of not finishing in time? I'm really hoping I can get away with a strong analysis on two.

Edit: If I put in two themes + contextual paragraph and conclusion, it adds up to around 900 words.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Whether you put in two or three-it doesn't really matter-but my concern-hope you are reading this in time- is you shouldn't be having a second contextual paragraph on the context of Shelley and Scott, the whole point of a comparative study is for you to integrate that context throughout your other thematic points-putting it as a second paragraph and you've lost a significant amount of marks by your structure-this is comparative study as much as it is about thematic concerns as it is about CONTEXT-so do an integrated approach and change the essay structure if you want good marks:)

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
Deleted that paragraph - thank you, saved a lot of words too. Don't worry, I do explore context in depth in the other paragraphs ;)

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
Did the exam today, concluded that anyone who explores 3 themes in 40 minutes has superhuman strength in their hands. Still, I think I went okay, considering the fact most people didn't finish.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Did the exam today, concluded that anyone who explores 3 themes in 40 minutes has superhuman strength in their hands. Still, I think I went okay, considering the fact most people didn't finish.
As long as you have tried your best, that is all anyone can expect-don't worry about it and study for your other subjects now:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)