Urgent Request For Uni Bos Site! (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Korn said:
I see ur point, they are different, but not really that different, think about the HSC not everyone at every school did the same in school assessments, did they?
But with the HSC there was a set syllabus which the assessments followed. Theres not syllabus for uni, only outcomes which are related to your course; which will vary between courses and unis.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
natstar said:
there were standardised outcomes tho that students had to meet. Plus everyone did the same exam in the end.
Yeah but to meet profession accreditation u need to know the same shit, even if it has a different smell

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
natstar said:
And plus, there are degrees like mine that a pure marketing. At uni's like USYD and UNSW, they are only B Commerce etc, so its different course structure
I think it could be structered not on degree but on content and unit content, like Taxation irrelevant to what the different campuses call it all are about Tax

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
natstar said:
But the problem is, you cant say use a USYD students lecture notes, to study for a UWS exam
Who says it has to be lecture notes, could be topic summaries, or chapter summaries or assignments

stazi

Nightman
HSC
natstar said:
whats the point of going to lectures if ur going to bum notes off others
Ok, thats it laz, can you please close bored of studies? I mean what's the point of school if you can just get assessments and notes off the net?
Because, nat, you can't learn everything just from notes. If someone wants to miss all lectures, then that's fair enough. You, yourself, said many unis post their notes up, does this mean noone goes to lectures?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
Ok, thats it laz, can you please close bored of studies? I mean what's the point of school if you can just get assessments and notes off the net?
Because, nat, you can't learn everything just from notes. If someone wants to miss all lectures, then that's fair enough. You, yourself, said many unis post their notes up, does this mean noone goes to lectures?
Thank u at least someone here agrees with me

stazi

Nightman
HSC
natstar said:
the HSC is general tho. At uni, everyone learns different stuff at different uni's.
so youre trying to say that no one should be able to take notes off someone else and now youre saying that since the HSC is general, you should be able to??
I've got a mktg1001 study guide, does that constitute me plagarising someone elses notes to study the course?

The reason why someone suggested, a subject listing through which someone can browse to find relevant info, is to counter the 'different stuff at different uni's' point.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
natstar said:
But the problem is, you cant say use a USYD students lecture notes, to study for a UWS exam
no, you can't. but they can broaden your knowlege. Furthermore whats to stop you from using UWS notes to study for a uws exam?
I hope people would use my usyd mktg notes to study for their exams. I wouldn't personally use the UWS one.

kow_dude

HSC
I like 1Time4thePpl's idea but it cannot be done because there are too many subjects and there would probaby too many unanswered threads, therefore space wastage.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
natstar said:
If you miss lectures, you can download them from places like WEBCT. At least this is a more ethical and you care actually getting the right notes that you need to get.

And I think I'd rather shoot myself than get USYD notes. :haha:
I think you just summed up why we shouldent have uni notes.

Sorry if you dont like the way I learn. I feel better writing my own notes, knowing that im actually do the work. How lazy is it bumming notes off others. What are you gonna do when you get a real job?
So no one else goes to usyd? No one else goes to uws? No one else goes to uts? etc etc.
How lazy is it getting notes off the net from webct? I bet you've done it a couple of times though. You know, I've kept very extensive notes. Yet, I still print off all webct/blackboard notes. It helps when you have more to revise.
I would however look over uws notes if I need any extra knowlege. If only out of interests.
Lets say there's something about radio advertising and how it can be followed up with television advertising.
You see someones notes on something called "Radio-TV followup MKTG 3333 USYD"> You wouldn't be interested to see other views on the same thing.
I think of this as expanding ones knowlege rather then just cheating.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
natstar said:
Sorry if you dont like the way I learn. I feel better writing my own notes, knowing that im actually do the work. How lazy is it bumming notes off others. What are you gonna do when you get a real job?
I read this as: "Sorry if you don't like the way I learn, but I'm going to force it on all of you."

I think you missed a point I made natstar. A pool of information, not seperated by university subject, but by subject content. What happens if you have a shithouse lecturer? It can/does happen. A lecturer might be hard to understand, or his/her notes might not be clear (because s/he doesn't know how to use English correctly, so writes notes in a sloppy unclear fashion, and I'm not talking about overseas lecturers). That doesn't change the fact that you need to learn the content that they (poorly) attempted to teach you. Sure you could use the textbook, but what happens if there is no textbook for a subject? I have many subjects that don't have textbooks prescribed. If I don't understand what the lecturer is going on about, I need to use Google. That can be a painful process when you get pages from experts who assume the topic is common-knowledge and don't explain it.

natstar said:
If you want to badly to have lecture notes shared, why cant u start ur own site up?
Funny how people think this is a nice argument. I've already said it mightn't be feasable, but even so, the idea shouldn't be dropped.
Lecture notes could be shared via the forums, so maybe the university forums should be closed down, and uniboardz should be reopened, it'll be a seperate site.
Honestly, that argument was so stupid, it almost didn't warrant a response.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
as i said before i dont see how its not feasable, wouldnt take up anymore bandwidth then they already use for the hsc notes

secondly yes natstar we all get it, you dont like the idea, therefore simple solution dont use the notes...no ones going to force anything on anyone

and yeah i think its a good idea, you can be in a lecture and tune out, teh accoustics could suck, you could have a valid reason for missing and there be no posted lecture notes. Only one of my subjects posts notes on web ct...and im sure some time i will have a valid reason for missing lectures

plagarism, well your right uni lecturers have computers so i cant see anyone getting away with it! lectures notes YOU write would not be plagarism, so long as you make note of who delivered ther lecture. same rules apply to web sites as to essay (if you reproduce someone elses idea you need to acknowledge them)

in terms of starting ones own site seems silly, when theres an already established community here, why when as far as i can see thered be no prblem go to all that hassle. Meanwhile ill do my best if anyone emails me there notes to post them up on a seperate university forum whom i know will establish a forum there for you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)