• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

usb drive (1 Viewer)

Danger

HSC
Which brand do you have? I was also wondering if its worth it to buy a 8gb one just for school work?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Why in fuck's name would you need 8gb to store school work?

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
they were selling 4gb usb for $40 at harvey norman, they prob cheaper now afta the new year. that brand was trancend

i dont like to buy really good brand usb, its a waste of money, a normal would do fine, last time i bought a toshisba one, it wasnt user-friendly, so many ads and u have to install some program to store documents and stuff - total waste of time, exchanged for the 4gb trancend - no ads easy drop and drag into usb

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Danger said:
Which brand do you have? I was also wondering if its worth it to buy a 8gb one just for school work?
Wow 8gig for school, thats not worth it. My bro has a 4gig one and its sooo slow when tranfering files so he went and bought a 1 gig for $12 and its heaps better. Also this 1gig one he bought can be used as ram on windows vista which is madd.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Why is this thread so full of spacktards?

1. You don't need to install software to use any USB, you're just a fucking moron.
2. Why the fuck would you use a USB stick as RAM, given the speed of a USB bus is like 1 trillionth of even a HDD :S

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Why is this thread so full of spacktards?

1. You don't need to install software to use any USB, you're just a fucking moron.
2. Why the fuck would you use a USB stick as RAM, given the speed of a USB bus is like 1 trillionth of even a HDD :S
Haha well if you have a problem with using a usb stick as ram go complain to toshiba and microsoft. What it does is you'se half your usb memory as virtual memory its alright if you have little memory and are running vista lol.

Also about the software to run the usb might be needed on older versions of windows like win 98, ME etc. I know as i once had to install software to use my old usb stick on win 98.

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
usb if u gonna buy one but one less then 30buks for like a 1g 512mb 256mb iono how much they are now i think u can get one for like 20buks less now a days

you my as well pay 80buks for like a 80gb one thats what i have i bought 512mb one b4 for like 80buks... as well go 2 like some azn computer store uill get cheap hardrives there better then a usb. though usb r small

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
dodgyv said:
usb if u gonna buy one but one less then 30buks for like a 1g 512mb 256mb iono how much they are now i think u can get one for like 20buks less now a days

you my as well pay 80buks for like a 80gb one thats what i have i bought 512mb one b4 for like 80buks... as well go 2 like some azn computer store uill get cheap hardrives there better then a usb. though usb r small
1 gig or less i like $10 these days lol. Why on earth would he want to take a big 80gig portable hardrive to SCHOOL just to copy a 30kb file? Plus at school they will steal things like portable hds.
During my school life i NEVER took at usb with me, cause i would do my work at home.

JUST buy a normal 1-2gig stick for $25 max.................its only school.

powerdrive

HSC
why bother even buying one, i picked up one some moron left in the computer:D

KnifeySpoony

HSC
I personally just use an iPod for transferring files between school/etc.Doubles up as an mp3 player as i use it to/from school so its usually with me anyway - jsut gotta be careful with theives etc =p

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Hakz said:
Haha well if you have a problem with using a usb stick as ram go complain to toshiba and microsoft. What it does is you'se half your usb memory as virtual memory its alright if you have little memory and are running vista lol.

Also about the software to run the usb might be needed on older versions of windows like win 98, ME etc. I know as i once had to install software to use my old usb stick on win 98.
You're better off having some free HDD space and using that...

Evilo

HSC
i bought a 1GB USB (imation brand) for $12. This was from officeworks. If you're looking for them, they're located at the checkout on a little plastic rack (no packaging). It works fine, cant complain. Oh and comes with optional password software (i dont use)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)