HSC
what i hate is when people use strange words as insults, like,
"ha i beat you in maths by half a mark"
"yeah, well, you're a douche bag"
"a what?"
"a douche bag"
"do you even know what that means?"
"yeah it means you hahahaha"
it's these conversations that disturb me the most.

Tangent

HSC
what i hate is when people use strange words as insults, like,
"ha i beat you in maths by half a mark"
"yeah, well, you're a douche bag"
"a what?"
"a douche bag"
"do you even know what that means?"
"yeah it means you hahahaha"
it's these conversations that disturb me the most.
ignorant people are funny....even more so when they dont admit they are always wrong

HSC
As much as the term might seem to be inoffensive these days, I think it would have a strong impact on younger and potentially more sensitive people who may be frightened of 'coming out' for all the perceived homophobic language being bandied about. I think it's still too strongly associated with, well, gay people. The connection isn't really broken.
I find it quite unpleasant when it's said.
These are exactly the reasons I don't think it should be used. I mean, it's not that hard for people not to use it, and a small price to pay if it makes life just a little easier for someone.

Iheartgays

HSC
These are exactly the reasons I don't think it should be used. I mean, it's not that hard for people not to use it, and a small price to pay if it makes life just a little easier for someone.
Try going without the word 'the', it's a similar word, three letters, one vowel two consonants. That's what it'd be like for me to stop using the word 'gay'. And if it makes life easier, then the pooftas need to stop being so sensitive.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
A girl I once fucked used to always say 'don't use gay as an epithet'.

It has stuck with me. I now use 'homosexual'

Tangent

HSC
Try going without the word 'the', it's a similar word, three letters, one vowel two consonants. That's what it'd be like for me to stop using the word 'gay'. And if it makes life easier, then the pooftas need to stop being so sensitive.
A word 'the' is used to specify in the english language.
The fact that the use of the word gay could be replaced with "crap", or "sucks" or any other one syllable word makes your reason for saying it laughable
:bomb:

Last edited:
HSC
It's not a matter of being 'sensitive', it's a simple matter of having the same right to be respected as everyone else. Imagine if, every time something was bad, we said 'That's so Aboriginal'. That'd just be appalling. There are certain elements of basic courtesy within conversation that should be given to all people, not just gays. For this reason, we don't refer to 'Abos' or 'spazzos' or whatever (or we shouldn't, anyway). It's just basic respect. It's not that hard.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
No calling someone a girl then if they cry, k?

Fair's fair.

No seriously, I hate everyone equally. I like the freedom to insult afforded me by the warpings of the English langauge.

LET'S ALL HATE TOGETHER!!!!

yes, I do need sleep. and my sanity.

Jack Burton

ninja of the world
HSC
wtf gay used to mean happy and then meaning was changed it to make it mean homosexual now it means shit. its very confusing why the fuck would homos get there knickers in a knot about this shit when society has obviously change the meaning once again to something totally different.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
What do people think of using this word to describe something as bad or inferior, or as an insult to someone?
If I told a chick she had man-shoulders she'd probably be upset too. I don't think there's much of a problem with it and any anger is probably only residual from those whom go much further than the innocuous use of the word 'gay'.

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Iheartgays

HSC
It's not a matter of being 'sensitive', it's a simple matter of having the same right to be respected as everyone else. Imagine if, every time something was bad, we said 'That's so Aboriginal'. That'd just be appalling. There are certain elements of basic courtesy within conversation that should be given to all people, not just gays. For this reason, we don't refer to 'Abos' or 'spazzos' or whatever (or we shouldn't, anyway). It's just basic respect. It's not that hard.
Why impose your opinion? Just because you don't refer to 'Abos' doesn't mean I don't. Don't you refer to yourself as Aussie? Exactly the same thing.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I do refer to aboriginals as abos... is it really that bad? Aboriginal has 5 syllables... so it just seems easier. I don't mind if some abo guy calls me a 'white fella' instead of 'anglosaxon' or whatever...

HSC
If I told a chick she had man-shoulders she'd probably be upset too. I don't think there's much of a problem with it and any anger is probably only residual from those whom go much further than the innocuous use of the word 'gay'.

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
That's a very NTB thing to say

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)