Used 2 texts instead on one (1 Viewer)

khalsa123

HSC
How many marks will i lose if i used 2 of the comprehension text instead of one in the 6 marker mini-essay. Btw, iw wrote 1 page on each text, so will they just mark 1 of the texts out of 6?

Sambam429

HSC
Good question, I think you may lose a mark. But then if you had to divide your time you may have done less on the one that decide to mark.

HSC
Seriously? How do you expect people to know?

It's only been hours after the exam, no one knows the marking criteria

Lethal Toxin

HSC
im assuming they choose one of them and mark only based on the analysis of one (most likely the first)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Why are people writing about TWO texts seriously?

Come on guys, it's your HSC and you don't bother reading the question properly?

Lesson to those who wrote about 2 or 3 texts in the 6 marker - PLEASE READ THE GOD DAMN QUESTION...

Anyways... they'll probably mark your FIRST text (i.e. first page for you). Doesn't matter if it's the worse or the better page.

khalsa123

HSC
Ok, thanks for replies, i read question but i thought they meant another text when they said with reference to text one or two or three. It was stupid mistake in exam conditions :(

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends..

Probably only mark one of your texts analysis.

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
they consider the text that was better answered ONLY. i've had this discussion at school with teachers about using 2 relateds when it says 1.

khalsa123

HSC
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you're going to fail!!!
I was already worried enough as it is :(, but for what its worth i think i did really well in the other sections of the paper. Btw, i have one more question: If i am rank 2 by like 1 mark (rank 1 has 91 and i have 90 assesment mark and rank 3 is all the way down at 70) how much will it effect my mark if i get like 85 and rank 1 gets only like 70. Will i get like 84 (difference between ranks) for my moderated assesment mark or like 70 (second rank in external)

Mammem1

HSC
I was already worried enough as it is :(, but for what its worth i think i did really well in the other sections of the paper. Btw, i have one more question: If i am rank 2 by like 1 mark (rank 1 has 91 and i have 90 assesment mark and rank 3 is all the way down at 70) how much will it effect my mark if i get like 85 and rank 1 gets only like 70. Will i get like 84 (difference between ranks) for my moderated assesment mark or like 70 (second rank in external)
HSC is life

blast92

Aim: 85+
HSC
I spoke to my english teacher about this who is a former head HSC marker. She's like they'll read both and mark only one (the stronger argument that would get more marks). So you should be sweet.

khalsa123

HSC
I spoke to my english teacher about this who is a former head HSC marker. She's like they'll read both and mark only one (the stronger argument that would get more marks). So you should be sweet.
Thanks for the re-assurance mate :)

ivanny89

HSC
According to my English teacher who is a HSC examiner in the past and is marking the papers this year, she says that if the question clearly specifies for ONE related text and you put two, the Board of Studies only reads one... i prepared two related as well but ended up using one because of that statement

edit** yep.. read two, mark one as the other member has said, my bad.. i forgot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)