• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Usher VS Justin (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
babydoll_ said:
they both suck

if i had a choice between the two i would shoot myself or turn gay
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to babydoll_ again. :(

DaRanjed

If I made a poll, Usher would probably win anyway, judging from these posts.

Doesn't Usher have a big ego? I mean, he called himself 'The Truth'.

E

eling

i luv dem both :).. i fink i like usher more tho despite the fact that his lyrics can b pointless at times...

troika

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Yes, everything he makes can and will be a chart topper. This is because charts do not reveal (shock, horror) talent, they reveal how much somebody is willing to sacrifice their artistic merit in order to conform to a stereotype which the moronic public have drilled into their heads by commercial radio stations and mtv, and they will hence buy the music because they are ignorant, and have little to no knowledge of real music.

Anyone who thinks that the number of records you sell reflects your talent is a fucking dimwit. Who has sold more records, Blink 182 or Steve Vai? The answer is blink 182. Does this mean that Tom DeLonge is a more talented guitarist than Steve Vai? Fuck no. It just shows that he has the ability to write simple riffs that appeal to a general public of simpletons who like the music because it is catchy. Which artist has maintained their integrity? Without a doubt the answer is Steve Vai.

And as for Usher, OGM HE CAN DANCE!!! KEKEKE. Anyone can fucking dance, and he probably has his bloody moves choreographed for him. Can he write and play a purely instrumental masterpiece? No. Is he talented? No. Should you people get out there and buy some real music so you don't appear stupid? Yes.

I would type more, but I'm too tired and I feel this is rantish enough as it is. I also apologise to those who I told I would not do this, because they listen to such music, but I felt a moral obligation to post. Thankyou and goodnight.
geez, people can like whatever the hell they like. everyone has different tastes. don't insult ppl just to feel superior.

i really don't give a rats ass people if don't like the same music as i do..good 4 them!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
troika said:
geez, people can like whatever the hell they like. everyone has different tastes. don't insult ppl just to feel superior.

i really don't give a rats ass people if don't like the same music as i do..good 4 them!
I'm not insulting the music because I don't like it, I am attacking it on the basis of artistic merit, something a little more objective than what you are implying I have criticised them on.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
You cannot say they are not talented - they are talented, that's why they have become superstars in the music industry, because *shock* they can sing and perform, and perform to a wide audience..not some closet group of alternative outcasts who think they are better than everyone else cause they are "alternative" therefore cool

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I wouldn't say that "alternative" people think that they're better than those who listen to music made for the masses.

We know.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
justin > usher

not that usher's bad. :p

btw waffles, what's with your sig! lol

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
bubz :D said:
justin > usher

not that usher's bad. :p

btw waffles, what's with your sig! lol
It's an actual quote! Anything about lesbians usually gets sigged:p

troika

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
I'm not insulting the music because I don't like it, I am attacking it on the basis of artistic merit, something a little more objective than what you are implying I have criticised them on.
i wasn't implying anything. i was talking about your 'real' music point which you were using to insult the Usher or Justin fans in here. just because an artist doesn't write his or her own songs or plays his or her own instruments, doesn't make the music any less 'real'. some people only care about the voice or find artists who dance more appealing than artists who play instruments. that's just their taste so respect that. if artists didn't write their own songs then they don't get credit as a songwriter or a musician, but rather as a performer. song writers may choose to record their own work or they sell it to a performer or take royalties etc. the 'performers' then miss out on the large chunks of money made from them.

nesstar

withoutaface said:
Yes, everything he makes can and will be a chart topper. This is because charts do not reveal (shock, horror) talent, they reveal how much somebody is willing to sacrifice their artistic merit in order to conform to a stereotype which the moronic public have drilled into their heads by commercial radio stations and mtv, and they will hence buy the music because they are ignorant, and have little to no knowledge of real music.

Anyone who thinks that the number of records you sell reflects your talent is a fucking dimwit. Who has sold more records, Blink 182 or Steve Vai? The answer is blink 182. Does this mean that Tom DeLonge is a more talented guitarist than Steve Vai? Fuck no. It just shows that he has the ability to write simple riffs that appeal to a general public of simpletons who like the music because it is catchy. Which artist has maintained their integrity? Without a doubt the answer is Steve Vai.

And as for Usher, OGM HE CAN DANCE!!! KEKEKE. Anyone can fucking dance, and he probably has his bloody moves choreographed for him. Can he write and play a purely instrumental masterpiece? No. Is he talented? No. Should you people get out there and buy some real music so you don't appear stupid? Yes.

I would type more, but I'm too tired and I feel this is rantish enough as it is. I also apologise to those who I told I would not do this, because they listen to such music, but I felt a moral obligation to post. Thankyou and goodnight.
There is so much more to being an artist than writing and playing a masterpiece. I appreciate musical genious as much as the next person, but I would prefer an all-round performer. Someone who can do it all. To me THAT is talent. Anyone can dance, but not everyone can dance well. Singing is one thing, but performing is an entirely different skill. How can you say that Usher has no talent?? He is a talented performer.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
nesstar said:
There is so much more to being an artist than writing and playing a masterpiece. I appreciate musical genious as much as the next person, but I would prefer an all-round performer. Someone who can do it all. To me THAT is talent. Anyone can dance, but not everyone can dance well. Singing is one thing, but performing is an entirely different skill. How can you say that Usher has no talent?? He is a talented performer.
I withdraw my comment that he is devoid of talent, but I will say that he is somewhat less talented than someone who writes and performs their own music, and can sing while playing an instument and maintaining a stage presence.

spell check

HSC
nesstar said:
why buy his cds then

writing and playing a masterpiece seems better criteria than dancing and "performing".

DaRanjed

I reckon dancing, singing and performing needs some talent - but mostly, it's skill . Like someone said before, anyone can learn to dance.
But someone with TALENT can create their own style. A person who copies does not need talent. For example, you can watch James Brown over and over again and learn his dance.
But someone with talent will change it to his own style. So whenever that person dances you won't say "Look! There's a James Brown move right there!".
Right now, that's exactly what I can tell from Justin and Usher's performances - Michael Jackson.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
withoutaface said:
I withdraw my comment that he is devoid of talent, but I will say that he is somewhat less talented than someone who writes and performs their own music, and can sing while playing an instument and maintaining a stage presence.
you're comparing apples to oranges
as a performer, he is talented - maybe he cannot sing and play an instrument at the same time on stage, but he can sing and DANCE on the stage at the same time - you cant really compare the two. Anyone can learn to sing and play an instrument at the same time if they really wanted to

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Minai said:
you're comparing apples to oranges
as a performer, he is talented - maybe he cannot sing and play an instrument at the same time on stage, but he can sing and DANCE on the stage at the same time - you cant really compare the two. Anyone can learn to sing and play an instrument at the same time if they really wanted to
you have to admit that people liking him because of "his body" and "his personality" and "better taste" and "he's not try-hard", kind of says something about the type of music he makes and its audience

i'd say it's harder to compose the guitars, drums, bass, any other instruments to form a good record than to write lyrics and sing a generic rnb love song

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
this has just turned into another thread of genre-bashing. all the none rnb/pop people are flaming usher and justin just cause they dont sing/perform their kinda music. Get over it, they are good in their own genre. the question was, justin or usher, not are they good performers when compared to musicians of other genres.

if that was the question, then probably some musician in the 1600's who came up with a masterpiece with none of our modern day technology would be ther best artist. those songs have been popular for the last 400yrs or somethin.

therefore stop complaining about usher or justin, or any other music you dont like.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
reno, you always make this world a better place

and for all the people who said usher cant play an instrument and sing at the same time... well i think ive seen him on the piano while ALSO singing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)