using pen or pencil (1 Viewer)

P

psychokitten

im really annoyed. I thought you were allowed to use whatever you wanted, but apparently you are supposed to use pen in the HSC examination. Does this really matter?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Yes it does matter.
It's alot easier to alter an answer written in pencil than it is pen.

HSC
psychokitten said:
im really annoyed. I thought you were allowed to use whatever you wanted, but apparently you are supposed to use pen in the HSC examination. Does this really matter?
You're in Year 12 and still use a pencil for maths? :confused:

P

psychokitten

well yeh I do, as it is more easier to alter an answer written in pencil than it is in pen...

HSC
psychokitten said:
well yeh I do, as it is more easier to alter an answer written in pencil than it is in pen...
Oh ok. It's just I would've thought your teachers would've told you to use pens. Ah well.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
You are supposed to use pen. (It says so on the front page of the HSC exam paper itself). It's best to use pen as for the HSC, the working paper has really big lines and there are plenty of writing booklets.

Remember: HSC markers are instructed to read and give marks for working out that's been crossed out.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
psychokitten said:
exactly. so to avoid HSC papers being tampered with you write in pen

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
2B pacer ftw. Also a good rubber. At least when doing exercises, it's easy to see the theory in practice if all the mistakes are rubbed out.

meowz0r

HSC
whilst we're on the topic....any left handers out there....have any left handers found a pen that *doesnt* smudge when writing? I've been looking around and can't find any =X, the closest i've come is the papermate kilometrico medium point, but it still leaves my left hand looking blue (but doesnt smudge across the page which is why i use them!)

so...anyone know a pen that doesnt smudge for left handers? =D

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I've met a HSC marker and he says that you won't be penalised if you write in pencil. However, if you do choose to write in pencil, then you'll give the marker a hard time reading it and this may induce him/her to look for more mistakes than they normally would because they have to look harder to read it!

Apparently when I was doing my Science exams, the examiner was extremely annoyed when she saw that some people did the multiple choice questions in pencil when the instructions told them to do it in pen. She was very annoyed because she had to fill in these forms for each multiple choice answer sheet to declare that they have to be marked manually rather than by computer....lol

So yeah, try not to write in pencil in the actual exams......

HSC
meowz0r said:
whilst we're on the topic....any left handers out there....have any left handers found a pen that *doesnt* smudge when writing? I've been looking around and can't find any =X, the closest i've come is the papermate kilometrico medium point, but it still leaves my left hand looking blue (but doesnt smudge across the page which is why i use them!)

so...anyone know a pen that doesnt smudge for left handers? =D
Just to reassure you, the papermate kilometrico leaves my right hand blue as well (obviously i'm a righty), so I think you may need to keep looking.

In lighter, perhaps unrelated news though, tomorrow is the International Left Handed Persons Day. Just thought you might like to know.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
im a lefty too...... lol.... EVERY PEN I USE i end up with blue/ black smudge marks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)