Using the same related text for two modules? (1 Viewer)

Ivy Mike

HSC
Hey guys, I'm planning on using the same related text for modules A & C. However, I just heard from my sister that this is supposedly not allowed. Can anyone confirm this?

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Well as long as you don't get the same marker :)......

WHICH IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY!!!!.

I'd say go for it... it's much easier to memorise and flexible... It isn't allowed but hey?? what is the possibility that it's going to occur??

kroiston

HSC
My teacher who has marked for like 15 years said that it's allowed. She is a risk taker though haha so I'm not sure if she's serious. But anyway, for English, all sections of both papers are marked at different marking centres/different cities in some cases so there's no way the same marker will mark two of your sections.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
My teacher who has marked for like 15 years said that it's allowed. She is a risk taker though haha so I'm not sure if she's serious. But anyway, for English, all sections of both papers are marked at different marking centres/different cities in some cases so there's no way the same marker will mark two of your sections.
Yeah that's the point :)

I'd say go for it.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
If they ask for two related texts for Module C on tuesday i'm just going to use my related text for belonging... even though it has nothing to do with conflicting perspectives.

Ivy Mike

HSC
Thanks for the answers guys.

If they ask for two related texts for Module C on tuesday i'm just going to use my related text for belonging... even though it has nothing to do with conflicting perspectives.
Why don't you prepare a backup? There's still 5 days to go until the second English paper.

Also, I heard that one of my friends is using a core text as a related text for a different module? I was fairly sure that this wasn't allowed but he assured me that his teacher said it was OK. Can anyone confirm?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm using a movie + poem + song + artwork for all three (a, c and belonging) and I'm just interchanging the ones that suit the question. (only got the song and artwork today and yesterday)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Also, I heard that one of my friends is using a core text as a related text for a different module? I was fairly sure that this wasn't allowed but he assured me that his teacher said it was OK. Can anyone confirm?
it's allowed but frowned upon. He'll get a max mark of 16/20 because his RT has all the notes and shit and is easier to do over others' RTs.
The teacher really should've advised against it. :/

HSC
Uni Grad
If you have texts that relate well with multiple modules then go for it.
I know a few people who did this and found it much easier but just make sure you can talk about each one in enough depth in both modules.

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
Yes I am pretty sure you can. Just make sure you don't get the quotes and concepts mixed up.

My teacher gave me a text to use in two modules so we don't have to study two seperate texts

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes I am pretty sure you can. Just make sure you don't get the quotes and concepts mixed up.

My teacher gave me a text to use in two modules so we don't have to study two seperate texts
Lol. I use the same quotes and techniques and just change the effect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)