USyd Chatter Thread 2017 (1 Viewer)

sida1049

HSC
ECOS2902 is good fun--Yunjong's a great lecturer. Most people seem to regard it as easier than 2901. 3901 is fantastic, it moves away from consumer and firm theory that makes up first and second year and instead gives a rigorous treatment of cooperative and non-cooperative game theory, Bayesian games, auction theory (and mechanism design more broadly), and social choice theory.
Oh and one last thing; is it necessary to buy the textbook for ECOS2902...?

elkedag

elkemaand
HSC
The ECOS2902 lectures are largely based off the textbook, so in that sense, it's not necessary but may inform what you do in lectures.

sida1049

HSC
The ECOS2902 lectures are largely based off the textbook, so in that sense, it's not necessary but may inform what you do in lectures.
Ah, that's kind of reassuring, because it's quite expensive and a bit out of the way for me to buy. So does that mean the tutorial questions won't refer to the textbook explicitly like "4. Question 5 from Chapter 3"?

elkedag

elkemaand
HSC
Ah, that's kind of reassuring, because it's quite expensive and a bit out of the way for me to buy. So does that mean the tutorial questions won't refer to the textbook explicitly like "4. Question 5 from Chapter 3"?
There may be assigned textbook questions like that. But you should be able to do them as long as you have occasional access to the book.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
it's uni policy to have at least 2 copies of required course textbooks available in the library and reserve section so you can always photocopy important pages or homework tasks. Just beware if there's a heap of people studying the course, you might have some competition for textbook access!

sea-r-du

HSC
N/A
Hows everybody going??
When does next year's handbook come out, and when do we enroll into our 2018 units?

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I am SO CLOSE the end of my degree. I handed in my last assignment ever today. I have one week of classes and two exams to go. I received/accepted a new graduate RN position for 2018 (so job sorted for next year). And in December I'm going to drive across the Nullarbor Plain (twice: Sydney > Perth, then Perth > Sydney).

HELL YEAH

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I am SO CLOSE the end of my degree. I handed in my last assignment ever today. I have one week of classes and two exams to go. I received/accepted a new graduate RN position for 2018 (so job sorted for next year). And in December I'm going to drive across the Nullarbor Plain (twice: Sydney > Perth, then Perth > Sydney).

HELL YEAH
Congratulations.

Please help

HSC
Does anyone know what questions are asked in the faculty leadership scholarship interview and what the group activity is?

sida1049

HSC
Pro-tip: you can check your wam for this semester ahead of Wednesday by downloading your academic transcript from Sydney Student.

highshill

HSC
it's uni policy to have at least 2 copies of required course textbooks available in the library and reserve section so you can always photocopy important pages or homework tasks. Just beware if there's a heap of people studying the course, you might have some competition for textbook access!
ahahahaha your GIF is so funny

elkedag

elkemaand
HSC
Pro-tip: you can check your wam for this semester ahead of Wednesday by downloading your academic transcript from Sydney Student.
And it looks like they removed the semester wams from transcripts this morning. I shall return to being terrified until Wednesday.

sea-r-du

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, when does enrolment open for 2018 subjects? I've checked on Usyd's key dates they said from the 13th Dec you can re-enrol, but I still can't. Can you guys enrol as of now?

sida1049

HSC
Hey guys, when does enrolment open for 2018 subjects? I've checked on Usyd's key dates they said from the 13th Dec you can re-enrol, but I still can't. Can you guys enrol as of now?
It seems to be gradual. On Wednesday, a few people could enrol, but I couldn't. I only got my enrolment email today.

Although honestly, the longer you wait, the better. The enrolment process is actually having some issues (e.g. some units have incorrect prerequisites, certain units not showing up where it should, et cetera). I planned on completing enrolment today, but I didn't because ECMT2150 isn't appearing anywhere. It's a bit of a mess right now due to the new changes.

sea-r-du

HSC
N/A
It seems to be gradual. On Wednesday, a few people could enrol, but I couldn't. I only got my enrolment email today.

Although honestly, the longer you wait, the better. The enrolment process is actually having some issues (e.g. some units have incorrect prerequisites, certain units not showing up where it should, et cetera). I planned on completing enrolment today, but I didn't because ECMT2150 isn't appearing anywhere. It's a bit of a mess right now due to the new changes.
Thank you!! :) Hopefully I get that email sooner or later.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone know when they'll start releasing timetables as well?

piethepker

HSC
N/A
Is anywhere here familiar with the business analytics major and could answer a couple q's I have?

Nice to get the first year over with!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)