USYD DALYELL VS UNSW COMMERCE (1 Viewer)

Humble Chad

HSC
Hi guys
I just wanted to know whether if you are looking to do a commerce degree, whether it is better to enroll in Univeristy of Sydney's Dalyell program or is the UNSW Commerce degree better?
Thanks for your time in helping me

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I mean correct me if I'm wrong Usyd students, but from the replies I've seen on some small forums, 'apparently' The Dalyell Scholars is over hyped and not as great as it sounds. Not being biased here but it's based off replies I've seen from actual Usyd students.

Now I'm pretty sure Unsw is regarded more highly than Usyd for commerce but really both are great Unis so it doesn't matter that much. I just don't want your decision to be persuaded by The Dalyell Scholars if it's not actually great.

blyatman

HSC
N/A
I mean correct me if I'm wrong Usyd students, but from the replies I've seen on some small forums, 'apparently' The Dalyell Scholars is over hyped and not as great as it sounds. Not being biased here but it's based off replies I've seen from actual Usyd students.

Now I'm pretty sure Unsw is regarded more highly than Usyd for commerce but really both are great Unis so it doesn't matter that much. I just don't want your decision to be persuaded by The Dalyell Scholars if it's not actually great.
Yeh I'm not a Daylell scholar, but when I read about it, it just seemed like an overhyped cash-grab to lure in students.

To be fair, any program with a fancy name is usually a cash-grab attempt to get enrolments, and is always never as good as it sounds.

akkjen

HSC
N/A
Yeh I'm not a Daylell scholar, but when I read about it, it just seemed like an overhyped cash-grab to lure in students.

To be fair, any program with a fancy name is usually a cash-grab attempt to get enrolments, and is always never as good as it sounds.
isnt uni paying for your degree always good?

quickoats

HSC
I’m pretty sure that the only money you get from being a Dalyell Scholar is a $2k travel grant if you decide to do some overseas study, which isn’t anywhere near uni “paying for you degree”.

akkjen

HSC
N/A
I’m pretty sure that the only money you get from being a Dalyell Scholar is a $2k travel grant if you decide to do some overseas study, which isn’t anywhere near uni “paying for you degree”.
oh, i thought it was similar to sydney scholars

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Which University is closest to you?
Have you visited both campuses? Which do you prefer?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
oh, i thought it was similar to sydney scholars
Off-topic, but meanwhile all? Macquarie Uni students can access travel grants to study overseas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)