USYD Pharmacy and Chemical Engineering (1 Viewer)

DiValdez

HSC
This is for my friend:

I received an ATAR of 86.05.

The 2013 cut off for Pharmacy is 90.05 but I did receive all the requirements for the flexible entry scheme they offered (band 5 and 6s in chem, bio and maths) Would that be enough to make it in? Do I have to make it my first preference??

Also, the chemical and biomol engineering there needs a cut off of 87.25 and I never did extension maths but did very well in chemistry. Will they consider me? There were vacancies for this course last year.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
Im pretty sure they don't mind how you did in your subjects but whether you meet the criteria for the course, i.e. atar. subjects are assumed not required. you don't need 4u math for elec eng @ UNSW 91atar, if you do gen maths and get 91 atar you can still do elec eng @ UNSW.

Reactions: x1

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
They won't exclude you if you hadn't studied an assumed knowledge subject at school. They will only consider your ATAR + flexible entry scheme.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
what is included in flexible entry scheme

engineering

HSC
N/A
Your friend will likely get no allowance for 2u regular maths, but probably 2 points for a good chemistry.

He should also "register" with a leadership/motivation statement at http://sydney.edu.au/engineering/futurestudent/flexibleentry.shtml, which could give your friend another allowance of 2 points.

The most important advice is put as number 1 preference the course that you most want to get into, regardless of what you think the cutoff might be or how many bonus points you may or may not get. The last thing you want is to miss out on what you really wanted to do because you put it as number 2.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)