USYD Scholarship Application (1 Viewer)

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
Has anyone else heard from USYD after the confirmation of Scholarship Application?
They already rejected mine, saying there were 1600 for 150 spots, they look at stuff other than UAI, blah, blah blah.
I thought that they would wait for rejection until the release of UAI.
Anyone else who has copped rejection or acceptance yet for scholarship?
And also, does that mean I am out of running for all other scholarships, obviously apart from the one where you have to get UAI of 99.95 or 100?

X

xeuyrawp

sydneyphoenix said:
Has anyone else heard from USYD after the confirmation of Scholarship Application?
They already rejected mine, saying there were 1600 for 150 spots, they look at stuff other than UAI, blah, blah blah.
I thought that they would wait for rejection until the release of UAI.
Anyone else who has copped rejection or acceptance yet for scholarship?
And also, does that mean I am out of running for all other scholarships, obviously apart from the one where you have to get UAI of 99.95 or 100?
I wasn't told this early, I don't think, because I rang up to reject the USyd scholarship after I knew I got the Macquarie one.

I'm sure someone can give you a definite answer -- sorry I can't remember back this far, but I'm pretty sure I hadn't heard year. Maybe they work their way 'up' the list until they have enough suitable candidates who are short-listed and accepted once they have their UAI?

The application forms do take into account your trial marks and the other factors of co-curricular stuff; if they figure that you're immediately not suitable, maybe that's the way they work...

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I basically wasnt told i was rejected by mail until much later on. People started posting on here how they received calls for interviews, so i called up and they confirmed i wasnt accepted, normally they'll say you're put on the reserve list.

However, you are still eligible for faculty scholarships, which vary depending on your faulty. You do not need to do anything else for this, your initial application entitles you to this. I got one of these, the IT entrance scholarship. If you get one, you will be emailed at your usyd email which you'll be given at enrolment, telling you you've won a scholarship and inviting you to the presentation ceremony. They are usually offered a few weeks into uni. The majority of these scholarships are given to the top one or two ranked students in each degree which a scholarship exists, however there are other scholarships with other requirements.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

acmilan said:
However, you are still eligible for faculty scholarships, which vary depending on your faulty. You do not need to do anything else for this, your initial application entitles you to this. I got one of these, the IT entrance scholarship. If you get one, you will be emailed at your usyd email which you'll be given at enrolment, telling you you've won a scholarship and inviting you to the presentation ceremony. They are usually offered a few weeks into uni. The majority of these scholarships are given to the top one or two ranked students in each degree which a scholarship exists, however there are other scholarships with other requirements.
Ah, yeah that's a good point.

It took me a few phone calls to figure out that the bigger scholarship application covers the individual coherent stream. I didn't think I'd get the law one, but I wanted the history one.

Like you said, you also have to look out for special scholarships -- I think there's a Classical History one, and a few other random humanities ones...

batigol

Giant
HSC
awh...I received my rejection today. I was having my breakfast expecting it when I saw the mailman. Yeh, same thing was said; 'regret that your application has been unsuccessful'. Man..how does that feel? I wanted this one the most... On the brighter side, I'm still waiting for other scholarship outcomes so there's hope...until they all reject me hehe.

Last edited:

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
acmilan said:
I basically wasnt told i was rejected by mail until much later on. People started posting on here how they received calls for interviews, so i called up and they confirmed i wasnt accepted, normally they'll say you're put on the reserve list.

I was under the impression that only one faculty (science, I think) requires an interview.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
c_james said:
I was under the impression that only one faculty (science, I think) requires an interview.
Possibly, thats the only faculty i can confirm with any confidence.

SeDaTeD

HSC
I got a Farrand and Science one and I didn't require any interviews.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Received no letter whatsoever hmm.
Did anyone get a letter saying that they were offered a scholarship pending 95?

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
I haven't received anything either. I'm guessing that means we're either on the reserve list, or we've made it past the first cull.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Estel said:
Received no letter whatsoever hmm.
Did anyone get a letter saying that they were offered a scholarship pending 95?
Willkommen zurueck Estel.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
withoutaface said:
Willkommen zurueck Estel.
And off I go again... at least until HSC results come out. It would be quite sad to waste such a good holiday on an internet forum... :p *hint hint*
(grr at making me take the German-English translator...)

: ) - you got a reserve letter eh. hmm. So their neglect of me can't mean that either. Ahh well.

lilkatie

I rang them up and they said that if you haven't received anything than thats a good sign as you have passed through round 1, and they got thousands of applications so they sent out letters to help filter them all..
so if you havent received anything then dont stress, it's a good thing

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
*Katie* said:
I rang them up and they said that if you haven't received anything than thats a good sign as you have passed through round 1, and they got thousands of applications so they sent out letters to help filter them all..
so if you havent received anything then dont stress, it's a good thing
There's a difference between round one and good news. Lot's of hopes will be crushed. Not that I had any myself:eek:

bustinjustin

HSC
So it is better to get a reserve letter or be left in the dark with no letter at all?

jessied

HSC
I haven't recieved a letter yet.. However, the Dux of my school recieved a rejection letter a few weeks ago. (woohoo go me!!!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)