USYD vs. UNSW internationally (1 Viewer)

yxs

HSC
hi guys,

My family is from france and singapore so there is a great chance for me to work in france or singapore in the future.

I love both unis but which uni's BCommerce degree do you think is more well recongised internationally?

Thanks for your help!

satcbrady

HSC
N/A
Most people going to Usyd will say Usyd, and those going to UNSW will say UNSW.
Please note "Most."

yxs

HSC
sorry i mentioned it in the title but forgot to mention in the post.

the unis i'm considering are USYD and UNSW :)

thanks!

yxs

HSC
Most people going to Usyd will say Usyd, and those going to UNSW will say UNSW.
Please note "Most."
thanks!

haha i have 7 hours to decide...cos UAC main round offer is closing midnight tonight...:(

Lou283

HSC
I don't know the answer but how about seeing where their international courses have affiliations with. Get an idea of which uni/commerce degree offers the better international affiliations with overseas unis. That will give you an idea of which uni has the better connections overseas.

This is just a suggestion as I don't know which one is. They are both great unis.

yxs

HSC
thank you so much guys :)

i really appreciate all your help !

i think for commerce unsw is more well-recognised.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
if you want betterrecognition what matters most is that you do honors for you degree (and point out on ur CV that you did 4 years with research). 3 year degrees overseas don't look that sharp regardless of where they are from because degrees are longer in the US and UK.

Monstar

HSC
Check out where you can go on exchange if you were to attend unsw/usyd.. If the caliber of the unis is high, itll likely determine whose better internationally.

yycgzd

HSC
I think you would want to view the "faculty and staff" of both unis' website , there are more originally Asian teachers in UNSW , but more teachers obtained degree in Britain in Usyd :read:

ajay098

HSC
I think you would want to view the "faculty and staff" of both unis' website , there are more originally Asian teachers in UNSW , but more teachers obtained degree in Britain in Usyd :read:
intersting!

akqjt

HSC
1) Australia does not have a 'popular' education system globally, like how every one knows what Harvard or Cambridge is - no one will know what UNSW is.

2) Just like I don't know the states of pretty much any country outside of Australia but some from the USA, no one else will know the states of our country unless they've taken some particular geographical interest in Australia (so you'll get a lot of "Wtf New South Wales?". But mostly every one has heard of Sydney, much like people have heard of (insert name of popular global city). Just my thoughts.

So I'd say Sydney even though UNSW might be a slightly better uni academically (from comparing my UNSW comm degree to friends' USYD degree).

robb3d

HSC
Depends what degree.

UNSW would excel in overseas recognition for Accounting and Psychology.
USyd would excel for most other disciplines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)