UTS Co-op Scholarship 2010 (1 Viewer)

atm1991

HSC
Absolutely stunned that I got an offer, obviously pending the ATAR. God I hope I get a decent enough ATAR to get me in!

Congrats to all others who got in, and had I not got a conditional offer, I was still extremely happy to have even gotten some experience in an interview situation.

Oh and for what it's worth, I did turn up in a suit as the booklet clearly stated "suit preferred". I also came to the interview alone, no parents, siblings etc.

Last edited:

Protein

HSC
Congrats to all who got one. Well done :)

Thanks Doctor Jolly...... I sent the decline email this afternoon... forgone a tax free $13500 annuall ???:wave::wave::wave:

Cadetship is the way to go in this economy situation, pretty much guaranteed job & career, however with BAcc, so far it said 100% placement rate, it might change next year & year after that. Will you take the risk of missing out ? Competition is not only coming from fresh graduates, some graduates with 2-3 years experience who got redundant will be on the market chasing the position which normally for graduates only. If I am an employer, I would rather hire an experience graduate rather than the 2 x 6 months Industrial Training Graduate.

What do you guys think?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
:eek:

You got a Co-op Scholarship as well?! Wow, you're really killing all that's available. Lemme guess, you must be #1 at Ruse right :)
nah not necessarily.

Academics isn't that important at all. Best example is me. My academic aspect is quite excellent but some other areas such as sporting and work experience are just empty.

For all these, I could get around to interview stage for two and only one or two offers out of like 5 I applied.

On the other hand, my friend who is like all-rounder got to interview stage for everything and got 3-4 offers already.

Protein

HSC
:eek:

You got a Co-op Scholarship as well?! Wow, you're really killing all that's available. Lemme guess, you must be #1 at Ruse right :)
Am not from Ruse & I haven't met anyone from Ruse @all the interviews, mostly top private, especially @KPMG.

lyounamu is right re other outstanding activities, most private have sports & good music programs, Duke of Edinburgh, etc. However, you need the brain, time & eagerness to enjoy all the activities though.

anintax3

HSC
Thanks Doctor Jolly...... I sent the decline email this afternoon... forgone a tax free $13500 annuall ???:wave::wave::wave:

Cadetship is the way to go in this economy situation, pretty much guaranteed job & career, however with BAcc, so far it said 100% placement rate, it might change next year & year after that. Will you take the risk of missing out ? Competition is not only coming from fresh graduates, some graduates with 2-3 years experience who got redundant will be on the market chasing the position which normally for graduates only. If I am an employer, I would rather hire an experience graduate rather than the 2 x 6 months Industrial Training Graduate.

What do you guys think?
Hmm.. this is not true, so far everyone in the third year have got an offer still. We've asked this question over and over again to the employers sponsoring us, and they have said even though the economic situation is pretty downhill, they will still hire people because if they dont, and the economy picks up, they will miss out on the bright graduates.

and besides with this, we are not STUCK to one employer, we are open to a choice of over 35. and the experience gives us a feel of what we want to actually get into, we get a broader experience and insight into the world of business. not in one company, in one position, through our whole entire career.

and you get a bunch of long life friends, what can be more awesome than that? you're missing out :)

Protein

HSC
Hmm.. this is not true, so far everyone in the third year have got an offer still. We've asked this question over and over again to the employers sponsoring us, and they have said even though the economic situation is pretty downhill, they will still hire people because if they dont, and the economy picks up, they will miss out on the bright graduates.

and besides with this, we are not STUCK to one employer, we are open to a choice of over 35. and the experience gives us a feel of what we want to actually get into, we get a broader experience and insight into the world of business. not in one company, in one position, through our whole entire career.

and you get a bunch of long life friends, what can be more awesome than that? you're missing out :)
That's good news to know that Employer still hiring..... too late for me to change my mind.

Matt Nelson

HSC
Can anyone please explain the selection proccess in particular my realistic chance of getting in from the reserve list with 75%
My email said reserve list 75% is it worth waiting for or should i just accept cadetships

Vagabond

Machine
HSC

You're a bit misinformed, a cadetship gives you all of that too. (to describe a big4 auditing cadetship for instance)... You start in an intake of other trainees and make close friends because you'll end up arranging your classes together at uni, working together, etc.

What you lack in working for one employer in the big4 is working on so many different clients because you're a revenue-generating auditor. Back-office commercial accounting doesnt expose you to client service.

I think the biggest edge though is that with a cadetship you'll actually move up the chain of command faster and unless you're retarded you'll be coaching new trainees/graduates by the time you're half-way through your degree which, in all honesty, is pretty unique and something a 3-month work experience stint could never provide you with.

Just providing a biased flipside. Don't be so quick to discount the cadetship.

Either way by having guaranteed work experience you're miles ahead of many other uni students so smile and enjoy whatever you choose.

anintax3

HSC
You're a bit misinformed, a cadetship gives you all of that too. (to describe a big4 auditing cadetship for instance)... You start in an intake of other trainees and make close friends because you'll end up arranging your classes together at uni, working together, etc.

What you lack in working for one employer in the big4 is working on so many different clients because you're a revenue-generating auditor. Back-office commercial accounting doesnt expose you to client service.

I think the biggest edge though is that with a cadetship you'll actually move up the chain of command faster and unless you're retarded you'll be coaching new trainees/graduates by the time you're half-way through your degree which, in all honesty, is pretty unique and something a 3-month work experience stint could never provide you with.

Either way by having guaranteed work experience you're miles ahead of many other uni students so smile and enjoy whatever you choose.
hahaha chill, we do have the big 4 to choose from as well. and actually, the position that i am in now with my internship gets me to interact with clients. Some of my friends are also taking big positions in the company they are with.

But as he said, whatever you do we have a big opportunity in front of us with the work experience we get.

But we BAccs also have a life :)

Protein

HSC

Agree with you Vagabond, why UTS promote that they are the only one have life. UTS has 2 years study & 1 year work. Cadetship has 2 years study & 2 years work & study. If UTS assume that study is life, then.... Cadetship should have more "life" than UTS as they have 2 + 1/2 & 1/2 = 3?

dling

HSC
agree with you vagabond, why uts promote that they are the only one have life. Uts has 2 years study & 1 year work. Cadetship has 2 years study & 2 years work & study. If uts assume that study is life, then.... Cadetship should have more "life" than uts as they have 2 + 1/2 & 1/2 = 3?

you are right protein!!!

+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)