• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UTS OR USYD for Engineering! (1 Viewer)

44Ronin

HSC
USYD all the way.

UTS is a collection of slum buildings in ultimo. They ain't got fucking lawns either.

slickstar_01

Banned
HSC
44Ronin said:
USYD all the way.

UTS is a collection of slum buildings in ultimo. They ain't got fucking lawns either.
go suck a dick you shit cunt. everyone that has been to usyd can declare the engineering department a shit hole. like yourself and your mum

44Ronin

HSC
Musk said:
dont matter in 5 yrs ill b making more money than u
Junior engineers don't make much. Enjoying your TAFE friends?

44Ronin

HSC
Musk said:
http://www.seek.com.au/users/apply/index.ascx?Sequence=42&PageNumber=1&JobID=14168958&msid=1

2-5 years, 90-110K

Doesnt memory serve me but arn't teachers salaries capped at 75K
fucking LOL

lol Arts/Education student, at least you know hes not going to centerlink. Enjoy the 2% salary cap from the nsw state government

hahahahahahahaha where are engineers salaries going at? 6% (http://www.apesma.asn.au/surveys/engineers/summary/jun_08_summary_for_web.pdf)

Greater than inflation :)

i find it funny someone picked a uni because of how it looks your gonna be there for about 5% of your life (assuming life span of 80 years) than the other 30%

Haha. It's another holier than thou expert on the internet. Congrats on being a complete wanker who only has enough brain cells to count . Keep hiding behind your computer screen thinking you are a big man.

Who said I was aiming to be a career teacher? I'm doing a B.Ed/B.A that will let me substitute teach so I can fund my own PHD education. Besides, I don't really give a shit how much you think you can earn or the fact that you think that money equates to virtue.

I guess you just reinforce the stereotype that engineers are moronic assholes. No wonder women don't want to work in the field they don't want to deal with your aggressive short man soft cock syndrome.

Engineer bashing, go go!

In the western world, a University education is lauded as a fundamental step for any wealthy, well connected, person looking to climb the social ladder. It is held by many, that one of the most respected and prestigious choices a prospective student might consider, is a degree in the field of engineering. Unfortunately this is a massive misconception that needs to be abrogated without delay. To become an engineer, is to do a disservice to humanity. Engineers are responsible for the deaths, and general suffering of millions of people in the last 100 years of human existence, and that the world would have been a better place without them.

In a corporation, an engineer has limited power. If the boss wants to you to build a vibrator or a talking fish then that is what you have to do. With so many degrees handed out by accredited universities and colleges around the world, there are more than enough people to do the jobs lazy westerner's refuse to do. Do you think that all the people that work for Microsoft are evil people, bent on destroying the glass house of stone throwing lunix zealots? I don't think so. They need to feed their families and buy their well deserved luxuries, just like any American. They therefore become stooges to their masters, blindly obedient, regardless of the impact they impart upon the world.

In a benign example of this zombie like obedience, in the last ten years or so, the bumpers on cars have been switched from being hard metal bars encased in rubber, to flimsy molded plastic covers that crack at the slightest bump. Back in the good old days, when you got into a fender bender nothing happened except for maybe a sore neck and slightly embarrased ego. Your car was fine. Today the story is entirely different. The flimsy crap that is passed of as a bumper these days invariably breaks - leaving the user with an $800 bill for a 5mph car accident. Why is this? Well the car companies have obviously colluded together to make money. Why build a car that survives low impact accidents, when they can build one that breaks easily and requires the owner to purchase a brand new part, -- that is both easy to produce and notoriously expensive -- straight from the factory? Nothing, because engineers are spineless subservient drones willing to do their masters beck and call. They know that this bumper-gate is just a way to ripoff the public.

It is obvious that engineers could care less about the public that they serve, as long as their own hedonistic desires and cravings are answered, who cares about anyone else?

So we have seen that engineers will ignore any moral problems that they have with the product they are helping to create. This is mainly due to the nature of a prospective engineer. These people, mainly "men", are well versed in maths and computing sciences, and are notoriously awkward with the opposite sex. This creates a cognitive dissonance, or a friction within themselves, that continually makes them unhappy and anti-social for the rest of their lives. During high-school they are labeled as "dorks" and "nerds", which does nothing but re-enforce an already poor self-image. At University, engineers band together like a herd of elk being stalked by a hungry lion. They construct a community, and don "team" jackets to announce that they belong to the Faculty of Engineering. This is obviously a sign of insecurity, copied for the same reasons as the Hitler Youth and the Cub Scouts. Outcasts need to band together to survive. However, this can only last so long. When they are placed in a working enviroment, this social safety net is gone. A strong boss in a management position can easily bully an underling engineer to do what he wants him or her to do. He is no longer wearing his red jacket. His power is gone. Look at Steve Jobs, and how he manipulated and took advantage, of Steve Wozniak, the real genius behind Apple Computers. Steve lied and stole from Wozniak for years; the atypical engineer.

Most engineers never set foot near an Arts class or a sorority. They miss out on useful classes like psychology which is helpful in developing manipulative skills and defending against manipulation by employers. Their lack of ethics and philosophic training is also apparent. But where is the death and suffering you ask? Well before we get ahead of ourselves, we know that engineers can be easily manipulated by their bosses due to their lack of a classical education which teaches at least, strong critical thinking skills. We know that this manipulation has been applied to create cheap easily breakable bumpers designed to rip-off societies car drivers. But what if that car company, is a corporation is in the business of murder - like a nation is in time of war - then, applying the previous tenets, we get an army of engineers who are charged with creating machines of destruction, who are entirely moral-less and gutless to question their supervisor's demands. The A-Bomb, the Maxim Gun, sadomasochistic devices, structural failures; if engineers had any sense they would have refused to build airplanes and the World Trade Center. The list of black marks against engineers goes on forever.

This article has argued pervasively and effectively that to become an engineer, is to become a powerless drone-murderer, who can only help to increase the suffering of the human race. I heard on the radio the other day that the draw-string on common set of window blinds, were killing babies with such regularity - the string would become looped around the curious babies neck - that they had to be withdrawn from public sale. Would you like to be the engineer who designed this baby death trap?
The fact you are a mindless drone is emphasised by the fact the only merit you could suggest of yourself is how much money you can potentially earn. Way to go butthead.

Last edited:

44Ronin

HSC
Musk said:
and arts students are mentally retarded who lack the fundamentals of showering but you dont see a massive rant about it
I'm an Education student, you imbecile. My B.Ed/B.A is run by the education faculty.

Shouldn't you be playing dungeons and dragons? :D

44Ronin

HSC
Musk said:
Well your an education and arts student like it or not

dungeons and dragons?? :confused:
Your = Possessive
You're = You are

English.

Enjoy your cockfest engineering units.

You can't read, write or even count correctly.

Edit: lol you wrote up an entire arts essay without sources, references and shit. at 3AM, while you wait for my next response im going bed, seeing my gf tomorrow
I didn't write it you dumbass. It's a copy and paste job. :D Think I'd waste effort on a self centered nob such as yourself? Fuck off!

Last edited:

sirfeathers

HSC
yes well. To get this thread back on topic, I'll put in my two cents and say UTS. Because they incorporate an internship component into the course, you end up being much more employable at the end of your degree. Plus I've seen the facilities for both Engineering faculties and USyd looks pretty crap. UTS is supposed to be especially good for Mechanical/ Mechatronic engineering, while USyd is only really well known for its Aerospace/ Mechatronic/ Mechanical (Space) engineering course (the one with UAI entry of 99.x)

slickstar_01

Banned
HSC
lol. Musk is just shorter than me. haha. he is 6'2. probably knock half these little shit into line with 1 hand tied to his back. these kids make me laugh.

doink

Clone
HSC
UTS is better for engineering because it focuses on practical aspects of the degree and gives you 1 year work experience which is worth alot when applying for a job. Also the university genuinely wants you to pass and become a good engineer so they work with you and provide any help you may need.

Morbo

HSC
44Ronin said:
USYD all the way.

Don't UTS have a small lawn in a courtyard near the main building?

bob007

HSC
i dont think so =0 depends on which entrance or building you go too i think... mmm personally between the two i would go to UTS. and whatever about the internship said above yeh thats good also they offer alot of schemes for engineering as well. cousin was an engineer there and he seems pretty happy =]

also though not here unsw isnt too bad but its a tad to far for me =]

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
44Ronin said:
Haha. It's another holier than thou expert on the internet. Congrats on being a complete wanker who only has enough brain cells to count . Keep hiding behind your computer screen thinking you are a big man.

Who said I was aiming to be a career teacher? I'm doing a B.Ed/B.A that will let me substitute teach so I can fund my own PHD education. Besides, I don't really give a shit how much you think you can earn or the fact that you think that money equates to virtue.

I guess you just reinforce the stereotype that engineers are moronic assholes. No wonder women don't want to work in the field they don't want to deal with your aggressive short man soft cock syndrome.

Engineer bashing, go go!

The fact you are a mindless drone is emphasised by the fact the only merit you could suggest of yourself is how much money you can potentially earn. Way to go butthead.
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL @ that article

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
UNSW

[/thread]

Hahahahahah UTS or USYD engineering is for fags.

EDIT: That article is fucking hilarious. Interesting point though; Engineering has pretty much the most 'jocks' out of any faculty. What's the go with that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)