UTS Union (1 Viewer)

micuzzo

HSC
Hey

So what does the union actually do and is it worth joining?

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
It does nothing. Save your money, don't join.

micuzzo

HSC
how about the discounts ur meant to get.... is it still worth the 89$

Danzboy

HSC
how about the discounts ur meant to get.... is it still worth the 89$

google uts union and read everything on their website.

You get a little discount book that amount to $5 free food coupons for like 15 days or soemthing.

Then there is the bbq's every month i think and UNION members get it for free. Otherwise its like 2bux.

I joined up last year so i could get a discount on the gym and then it was worth it for me.

micuzzo

HSC
hows the gym at uts? does it suffice for weight training?

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
You should join the Students' Association, screw the Union.

The Students' Association means you can get involved in issues affecting your degree, your campus and the Australian university experience. It also means access to the Second Hand Bookshop (cheaper textbooks than the Co-op!) and case-workers if you find that you've been unfairly marked/treated or failed a subject.
It's also cheaper to join ($15) and you get a free t-shirt.

HSC
wish i had seen this thread at the start of the year. i joined the union and haven't used my membership once, waste of money :/ i guess it's only really good if you're gonna be heaps involved with clubs and events.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
You should join the Students' Association, screw the Union.
Pretty much.

The union is just a student friendly business, guys, it's there to make money off of you and unlike at other universities it isn't actually an organisation where students have input. The only worthwhile things it honestly offers are the fitness programs which are pretty inexpensive compared to other places [if you join the 'union'] BUT Newtown gym also offers student discounts so the price is the same as if you'd joined the union.

I'd recommend the Student's Association, if only because getting involved with them is cheap and I fully endorse cheap things. Plus the caseworkers are really useful since they're free and one of them is actually a fully trained and experienced lawyer.

0hNivlek

HSC
I joined the union and i received a years subscription of SMH. It delivers on the weekends too so i guess it was worth it. Plus cheap coffee and food from their stores.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)