UWS medicine gets the go-ahead by AMC (1 Viewer)

rockets

HSC
N/A
Hey Natstar or anyone, where did you get these individual course figures from - I can't seem to find them on uac site. Thx in advance.

Optophobia

HSC
volta said:
Because the government is not providing the infrastructure to handle this increase in student numbers. When the so-called 'tsunami' of new students graduate there will be massive competition for training places because no extra numbers have been allocated. I have seen the effect even in my pre-clinical years of my course; because of the huge number of students to a cadaver our anatomy sessions have lost their effectiveness and one can go through the entire course without having dissected.

The government AND universities have to take other steps to deal with these issues.
That's why they are running this course with the aim of tying the graduates to the area - because there is a doctor shortage. It's better to have too many doctors than having no doctors.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Optophobia said:
That's why they are running this course with the aim of tying the graduates to the area - because there is a doctor shortage. It's better to have too many doctors than having no doctors.
not if they are undertrained and under supervised!

it takes about 9-11 yrs to train a GP to practice without supervision...
it takes up to 16 yrs to train to be a surgeon or an ED doctor..

u think it ends at medical school.. we are taking about pass the initial degree

a graduate is minimally lethal.. they are not fully qualified..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)