V8 Supercars 2006 (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
I can kill you with my brain ...

No, wait, I'm more like Mal, not River!
Woah! But I know I'm safe because you wouldn't kill me.

Your more like what than what :confused:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
I'm quoting the Single Greatest Show No-one Ever Watched (TM). Don't worry, I do it frequently.
Right....

I'm thinking that you should come down to Sydney, and race me in F1 and V8s on the playstation.
That is, if you can cope having your ass kicked by a female!

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Spoil sport!
Didn't want to be beaten.

Plus, you'd like the new v8 game. Put one tyre off the racing line and the car starts fish tailing like nando starts, they are bloody beasts to drive.
Saying that I've won ever race to the end of round 4.

bizadfar

HSC
Cape said:
Right....

I'm thinking that you should come down to Sydney, and race me in F1 and V8s on the playstation.
That is, if you can cope having your ass kicked by a female!
lol!!!

Play those on PC, Get yourself a wheel and turn off all or majority of driving aids!
Unfortunately no F1 later than 2002 because Sony took the rights, but there are great mods(RH2004, RH2005) for the original F1 Challenge 99-02 game, and there is also F1 mod for the new popular sim, Rfactor.

The same happens in GTR as i heard from a friend, alot less grip if your off the race line.

That race in melbourne was funny. Lowndes and Skaife fighting, Skaife does not leave any room, and they both get passed by Richards. I would hate to have that happen. WPS cars got in a whole lot of action on race days.

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I quite often play without driver aids on. What pissed me off is on F12005, it has brake assistance when you first start (if you don't turn it off) and the game automatically does your braking for you, I wondered why I was doing 1:40's around Sepang.

It was a sneaky move by Richards, but its those moves that can win a race or a round.

Argo doesn't want to be beaten by a girl, he'll loose his reputation :uhhuh:

bizadfar

HSC
Cape said:
I quite often play without driver aids on. What pissed me off is on F12005, it has brake assistance when you first start (if you don't turn it off) and the game automatically does your braking for you, I wondered why I was doing 1:40's around Sepang.

It was a sneaky move by Richards, but its those moves that can win a race or a round.

Argo doesn't want to be beaten by a girl, he'll loose his reputation :uhhuh:
So will i, i havn't touched a playstation since 2002.

I'm telling you now, it is 10x more fun on PC to play these sims/games. Also cheaper if your mindset is like that (i know mine is!)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I did have F12001 for PC yonks ago, must have been 2001 :p
But it didn't work well on the computer (slow bastard), that and I don't have a steering wheel. I'd love to get one of those racing simulators for the ps2, its like your sitting in an actual car. Shame it costs about $2000-$4000.

PS2 games are cheap, buy them when they first come out, I just got V8 supercars 3 for $70 something, or wait a while until they go platinum.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I've seen F1 2001 at Macquarie quite often. EA game, think that it was about $20 - $30. After that, they sold the rights to Sony.

Too bad your no where near Macquarie, do they have shops in Armidale :p
Next time I'm shopping I'll see what games there are. Maybe you should get V8 supercars 3? Its got F1 and V8s in it. But only Williams BMW F1 team.
Bored at uni again, eh? You could always do my work for me :)

bizadfar

HSC
F1 Challenge 99-02 is latest(made in 2003). There is Rh2004 and Rh2005 mod(& more non-F1 mods, such as V8 Supercars hehe). In my spare time (lol, more than spare time i must admit) I participate in an online league. So yeah, it's loads of fun, as you compete with your mates and other people.

There are new simracing games on the scene such as Rfactor (which is said to be the best sim ever, since it's so flexible with mod games, stuff such as V8s, PCC, F3, GP2, everything). Sony has the rights to F1, but that doesnt stop a team developing a mod for Rfactor and i tell you now, it's being worked on. Release date should be soon. F1 champions 1.05 has been released, but it's still in the stages where it's being worked on. This game is also only about $55

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Shouldn't have clicked the link. What an icky looking car =/

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
bizadfar said:
That's because it's jpg... compressed.
tis cause its a renault :p

Btw, does anyone listen to the panel beaters?
I would assume kylie does cause she has bigpond. I got Adelaides one, not as funny as some of last years.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bizadfar said:
WPS cars got in a whole lot of action on race days.
WPS
WPS
WPS

WPS? it's sorta obvious why they've got the pacecar deal

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
WPS only gets remembered two ways:
- Massive smashes
- Safety car.

btw - brads back :) Welcome back!!

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
can i just say...how stupid it is that they put the v8 supercars on at 2.10am! if they want the sport to grow, then dont put it on at a time when only insomniacs are awake, it becuse of that GayFL game. if that wasnt on the V8s would be on right now! its a lost cause, sydney = nrl, not afl...just promote v8s and we would all be happy! grrr!

p.s nice av cape

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I completely agree. Although, originally it was going to start at 3:10am. What has really pissed me off is that I planned to tape it, but I couldn't sleep, so I got up to watch it, and they put the stupid race on now! That seriously shits me.

Why couldn't they put it on during the day? I'm sure more people would watch v8 supercars than that silly sports illustrated thing on. Sure, if there was football on, they wouldn't replace football, but that was not football.
Which is what is happening with the Sandown 500. The AFL grand final and the Sandown 500 are on at the same time. And channel 10 has to work something out.

And what annoys me even more, is I accidently clicked the results on the v8 supercar page and saw the results from the reverse grid race :(

What do we think about the new street race in New Zealand? It will be ashame to loose Puke - circuits have much more character than street circuits. Saying that, I love street circuits. However, I think we are heading towards too many.
We already have Adelaide, Gold Coast and the Grand Prix. And there has been talk of a street race around North Queensland and Sydney.

That said ... someone needs to stop Skaifey :)

sxc_ballerina89

HSC
Did any1 else watch the two races ten had on yesterday? i have to say i feel sorry for James Courtney. He always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time & comes off worst. But that aside i have to say i was extremly happy to see Lowndes win both the 3rd race & the round. Im Ford through & through and would love him to take out the campionship this year. But i love to see Glenn Seton & James Courtney win Bathurst as i have grown up as a Seton supporter and was not happy to see him dropped by Dick Johnson :( and while he has won the campionship before (twice) and been runner up at Bathurst (twice) he is yet to win Bathurst & he deserves it!

transcendent

HSC
N/A
lol at the Winton reverse track. that was horrible! there was crashes everywhere throughout the race. this is the second time i've watched V8 Supercars and that was just crazy!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I think us V8 supercar fans are being ripped off this year. Especially with the rights going back to channel 7 next year.

- I'm sick of staying up until 3am on a saturday night to watch the first race.
- Reverse grid races are stupid and boring, fast guys should be up and front and slow guys at the back, thats racing. The only place that the reverse grid races worked was in Canberra.
- Why can't we get V8s live on telly?
- This points system sucks. It rewards the drivers who have their cruise control on it 7th - 10th place (aka: Ingall, R.Kelly and Tander).

I feel sorry for Courtney as well. Poor kid, we know hes fast, I just don't think hes suited to driving tin-tops. I think hes better at driving open wheelers. But he hasn't been on many of the tracks in Australia, and they are so different to compared overseas tracks. Hopefully by Sandown and Bathurst he'll be up there.
SBR are having a shocking year, Ingall won't retain his title :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)