Valkyrie anyone? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Anyone watch it?

Watched it today and thought it was just average..(6 1/2 / 10)

Although I thought Tom Cruise's portrayal of the Colonel was really
well done..

Thoughts?

КГБ

Banned
HSC
tom cruise is pathetic. movie shouldve been dubbed in German with English sub tittles. would've been perfect.

melb22

HSC
N/A
had seen the german movie on sbs yesterday nite, that was quite good

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah, the German one was good. Shall be seeing this soon. Turned off by the fact that Tom Cruise is the leading actor but according to reviews, he's actually good in this.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm seeing this tomorrow night against my will because my sister wants to.

Free movie so meh, might as well.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Saw it yesterday. It was average. It's a shame that Cruise didn't even attempt to fake a German accent. There were American and British accents all over the place. Sort of distracting. Nothing was really explained either. I got lost a little bit into the movie. The only way I managed to follow it was because I saw the German version.

The German film called Operation Valkyrie was pretty much the same movie except it was in German and you could tell it wasn't a massive Hollywood movie.

The German film made more sense. Things were explained a lot better.

I really wanted to say that Valkyrie was a great movie but it's just not. It's about a 6.5/10.

Saw the Defiance trailer before Valkyrie though. That seems decent enough.

enterspacebar

HSC
N/A
I gave it 8/10, I saw it today. I didn't like Cruise's character so much but I loved how they made something so sophisticated into something so easy to understand.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Hmm i might just see it to see just how horrible Cruise was at acting. The German press said that the movie was great and teh acting was superb except for Cruise XD

danz90

HSC
I went last night with a friend to see it. I really liked it, the story is very interesting in itself. I actually liked Cruise's acting.
I'd give it 9/10.

Artemis.

HSC
I liked it. Cruise gets a lot of crap cos he's batshit insane and all but he's pretty good.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I thought it was pretty good, especially considering the amount of crap Cruise gets for his acting. It was thrilling, suspenseful and also very informative... especially the anti-climax and when the Reserve Army was mobilised to arrest the SS officials. Amazing how her wife survived and died just 3 years ago. 7.5/10 overall - 'Long Live Sacred Germany'

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I thought it was pretty good, especially considering the amount of crap Cruise gets for his acting. It was thrilling, suspenseful and also very informative... especially the anti-climax and when the Reserve Army was mobilised to arrest the SS officials. Amazing how her wife survived and died just 3 years ago. 7.5/10 overall - 'Long Live Sacred Germany'
Umm, it's historically accurate lol, Aber ich habe nicht erwartet ein Australian zum Geschichte verstehen.

Joking aside, Tom Cruise as a German just doesn't work for me. Like Romans, all SS officers went to Oxford.

Lori.

HSC
Hmm i might just see it to see just how horrible Cruise was at acting. The German press said that the movie was great and teh acting was superb except for Cruise XD
the germans probably like it cause they get to see it dubbed in german :/ I would only wanna see it in german as well, maybe when the dvd comes out..

X

xeuyrawp

the germans probably like it cause they get to see it dubbed in german :/ I would only wanna see it in german as well, maybe when the dvd comes out..
The Germans like it because they think it's a step towards global vindication of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)