"variety of texts" (1 Viewer)

clerisy

HSC
Do we necessarily have to use a stimulus text that is of a different medium to our prescribed & related texts? I know a variety of texts is always wanted, but I have a poem as one of my related texts and my favourite stimulus one is 'Journey to the Interior'. if they both apply to the question, I wouldn't be disadvantaged by using two poems, would I?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
ummm i think its better for you to talk about different texts.. because with using 2 poems alot of the techniques in them are the same..
but if you talked about a movie and a poem u could talk about alot more things..
it kinds limits your answer if u get what i mean.. cuz u should spend a good deal of ur answer referring to the how (techniques and things..)

Last edited:

Lorie

HSC
Journey to the interior is a great text for imaginative journeys. The only other text which can be related to imaginative journey is the last one. They do ask you to use a range of texts, but also texts that related to the topic. If your area of study is a poet and you use journey to the interior, just use a different text type as a sub. material, such as a song, film, book, speech, picture etc.

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Yeah, i think this has been discussed somewhere else, but the related texts is the part that the variety goes with. It is always good though if they are all different, but if ur stimulus is the same type of text as a realated piece, then is probably easier to pick a new realted material. But, i think u can have both as poems.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
u cannot be marked down 4 having 2 texts of the same type - but u may be denying urself the chance 2 get at potential marks (not quite the same thing). coz of the way the paper is marked, there is a heavy focus on techniques - therefore in havin 2 texts of the same type u r limiting the number of techniques u can talk bout (without repeating urself) and thus limiting the scope of ur knowledge that u can demonstrate 2 the marker, thus, u wont be gettn ne marks 4 lots of things that ui know, but wont be able 2 show. id either pick another stimulus text or another found text.

tinahi

i was told that you could do two of the same text types but make sure that there is a reason to why you chose two of the same text types. For example, teh poems may use the same techniques to produce different effects, or they could use different techniques to express the same idea etc.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
tinahi said:
i was told that you could do two of the same text types but make sure that there is a reason to why you chose two of the same text types. For example, teh poems may use the same techniques to produce different effects, or they could use different techniques to express the same idea etc.
You were probably told that for security reasons. For both your examples, when you juxtapose such texts, you'd have a lot to talk about. It would get a bit repetitive and boring for both you and the examiner if you did two similar texts which conveyed similar meanings with similar techniques.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)