Vegemite iSnack2.0 (1 Viewer)

Hannargh

HSC
IT'S an Aussie classic but now there's a new version. Vegemite's latest incarnation - a spread that mixes cream cheese with the original formula - has been christened after a three-month, nationwide naming competition.
Kraft Foods yesterday announced the winning name: Vegemite iSnack2.0.
West Australian web designer Dean Robbins, 27, beat more than 48,000 entrants to come up with the winning name. Other entries suggested were Ruddymite, Wow Chow and 2ritemite.
''It's been difficult to contain my excitement; I actually leapt out of my chair when I heard the news. To think that I could go down in Australia's history is overwhelming," Mr Robbins said.
"It was all a bit tongue-in-cheek, really. The 'i' phenomenon and web 2.0 have been recent revolutions and I thought the new Vegemite name could do the same."
Simon Talbot from Kraft Foods said: "The name Vegemite iSnack2.0 was chosen based on its personal call to action, relevance to snacking and clear identification of a new and different Vegemite to the original. We believe these three components completely encapsulate the new brand."
The company said 2.8 million jars of the new blend had been sold since July.
Vegemite's makeover was the result of consumer feedback last year, which found that people wanted a product that did not require mixing with butter and was easier to spread.
The name Vegemite was chosen from consumer suggestions when it was launched in 1923. - Kraft vegemite competition winner
Wtf? :confused:

Hannargh

HSC
Not really, can't have to much at once without being sick. At the Vegemite flavour isn't that strong.

Hannargh

HSC
Vegemite iSnack2.0 is such a shit name.

"Hey Mum, can you get some Vegemite iSnack2.0", it just doesn't work!

Uncle

Banned
HSC
vegemite is awesome.

with cream cheese it would taste even more awesome.

yeah make your own vegemite iSnack 2.0 by mixing Kraft Cream Cheese with the original Vegemite.

how could andre rieu not like vegemite?

Sarebs

HSC
It tastes alright, I just use it for convenience.

But iSnack2.0? Rubbish name. I still think it should have been Spregemite.

Hannargh

HSC
"Kraft has bowed to public pressure and ditched the name iSnack2.0 for its new Vegemite-cream cheese blend.
“We have been overwhelmed by the passion for Vegemite and the new product. The new name has simply not resonated with Australians. Particularly the modern technical aspects associated with,’’ said Kraft spokesman Simon Talbot.
In a statement this afternoon, the company said it would once again throw open the challenge to Australians to come up with a new name.
But the company denied it had all been a publicity stunt.
"At no point in time has the new Vegemite name been about initiating a media publicity stunt," Mr Talbot, said. "We are proud custodians of Vegemite and have always been aware that it is the people's brand and a national icon."
Thousands of the jars with the new name will be distributed to supermarkets ready to go on sale, ensuring that the soon to be scrapped name will quickly become a collectors' item.
"Our Kraft Foods storeroom currently has thousands of jars of the iSnack2.0 named Vegemite. This product will be distributed around Australia, and will continue to be sold in supermarkets for months to come - until Australia decides upon a new name," Mr Talbot said.
“Australians and New Zealanders will shortly be invited to help us make a choice. Please bear with us for the next 48 hours as we finalise how Australians and New Zealanders can decide the new name through an independent popularity vote."
The number of negative comments posted on blogs and on social networking sites is now running into the thousands, prompting Kraft to step back from the new name, which was chosen from 48,000 as part of a competition to get Australians to name the new spread.
Almost 3 million of the promotional ‘‘Name Me’’ jars were sold during the naming competition, suggesting it had been popular.
But the new name has roused almost universal indignation" - Kraft scraps iSnack2.0
YAY!:rofl:

Anyone got any suggestions on other names for it?

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
eww vegemite

i've never had the nerve to taste it, it just smells and looks too nasty

klaris

HSC
Voldemite - the spread that must not be named.

credit goes to the 7pm project.

bwhahaha. literally laughed out loud. But its so true, Vegemite iSnack 2.0

Its a crappy name, even "Cheesymite" would've been better. Or the original "name me" they had on the jars, lol.

I haven't tasted yet but I want to. Two of my fave spreads combined.

Although vegemite rules every other brekkie spread, imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)