Very troublesome situation =/ (1 Viewer)

PyRoMastA

HSC
I'm currently doing a degree at UNSW, and the results for my semester one progress showed VERY unsatisfactory. My original plan is to make a transfer to UTS doing IT or Business/IT double, as the current degree (Comp Engineering) I'm studying doesn't seem as interesting as I thought it would be. I currently have THREE fails, and I'm trying to appeal for a conceded pass for the 4th subject, but no reply has been made.

From my understanding, it seems like the only available option now to achieve a transfer would be to NOT complete a years worth of university study, and rely on my original ATAR when I re-apply through UAC again. Is this true, and also, do I have any other alternatives?

Revacious

o-o
HSC
N/A
Yeah, let this be a warning to you guys contemplating engineering; its a killer!

I think dropping out and reapplying through uac is your best (maybe only) bet; anything with a gpa or a wam for admission is pretty much no go at this situation.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
you cant appeal for a conceded pass, PC's are based on your course mark (must be 46-49 inclusive) and you need a good enough WAM too.
dont get your hopes up for a PC if you failed the other 3 subjects. Even if it's a 49.99.

https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/assessment/concession_algorithm.html

also i think you'd have to try to apply with your ATAR for next year. Not 100% sure though.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I'm currently doing a degree at UNSW, and the results for my semester one progress showed VERY unsatisfactory. My original plan is to make a transfer to UTS doing IT or Business/IT double, as the current degree (Comp Engineering) I'm studying doesn't seem as interesting as I thought it would be. I currently have THREE fails, and I'm trying to appeal for a conceded pass for the 4th subject, but no reply has been made.

From my understanding, it seems like the only available option now to achieve a transfer would be to NOT complete a years worth of university study, and rely on my original ATAR when I re-apply through UAC again. Is this true, and also, do I have any other alternatives?
m8 sounds like its your own fuckin fault

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
also if you've done this bad at first year uni then maybe uni isnt for you.

maybe reconsider what you wanna do with your life, if uni still pops up as your number 1 then give it another shot next year (and like work ur ass off this year to make up for the fails).

HSC
perhaps the fact that i have 0 face to face contact with lecturers or other students puts me at a disadvantage maybe do you think

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
i dont think that the curriculum for engineering at UNSW is substantially different in first year compared with USQ, especially given from memory i think first year USQ had statics which isnt until second year at most unis and come on omar i expected better, we only rag on UWS ok

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)