Victorian bushfires (1 Viewer)

walkahz

HSC
A guy from my work had some mad conspiracy theory about this. He said kevin started them as a part of his stimulis package:devil: BLOODY KEVIN!!!

HSC
N/A
umm, im not sure if i heard the news correctly, but i think they said the govt will rebuild all the houses.

chensta

HSC
N/A
well I hope they do, I really do feel sorry for these guys =( a photo I will never forget is the one of the 3 cars crashing into eachother while trying to escape the fires, really tragic

WannaBang?

HSC
well I hope they do, I really do feel sorry for these guys =( a photo I will never forget is the one of the 3 cars crashing into eachother while trying to escape the fires, really tragic
i hope they don't. if they do, it's an incentive for people not to purchase house insurance.

i think we should just leave them there to work out their own problems.

HSC
I dunno- I mean would you burn all your precious thing that are irreplaceable? - such as photos, family heirloms, jewelry etc, just to keep a measely $1000. i dont think sooo

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Insuring your house + contents and everything should just be compulsory if you live in an area with a higher-than-normal danger of fire/flood/cylones etc.

How dumb do you have to be to live surrounded by bushland and not insure your house against the possibility that one day it might burn down?

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
It actually is annoying my uncle. He's a farmer in Victoria, and there part of your insurance helps fund the CFA. So all the people who don't insure themselves get handouts from the government now, and expected the CFA to come running when their house was burning down. Bastards.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Apparently they're expectn the fires to get worse today, any new news?

ongitsanjali

HSC
meh shit happens.
in a way, i sort of do agree with this.
much worse (like, i mean much MUCH worse) has happened in the last few years without half the hue and cry. but just because this happened in australia it gets sooo much importance. i mean, does that mean the lives of people are of less value to us JUST because they aren't australian citizens?

i don't get upset that much by things that are natural disasters, as opposed to man-made disasters which are calculated and cold blooded.

i mean, nature comes with the good as well as the bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)