Victorian bushfires (2 Viewers)

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
the ones who should be hanging from posts are the ones who have the stupid mob mentality and call for people to be hanging from posts in the first place

oh shi-

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
boris said:
what you say ya fucking moron, doesnt make sense. Rainforests dont have a high fire danger rating, you faggot, mainly because of the fact that they are fucking wet, hence the name RAINforest. therefore rainforests dont need any sort of fire prevention measures, because they dont fucking burn like dryer forest types. also fire is detrimental to rainforests as most rainforest plants dont need fire to help regenerate etc. in conclusion, suck a fat jew cock you faggot and learn to know what you are talking about.
Eh, these aren't conventional rainforests mang. Like, visit the Royal National Park and you'll see what I'm talking about.

WAITAMINUTE! Didn't it burn down years ago? YES IT DID! IT DID!

kekekekekeke
:rofl:

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA. they passed a motion? did they have a big meeting in the chambers?

fucking lol. :haha:
we arent good enough for a chamber, and since the hall was been used we got kicked outside.........

have a guess what organisation adam ;)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
See, thing about backburning though is that it doesn't cause any major damage to flora. There are certain native species that need catastrophic fire to reproduce and thrive (first year geogprahy). Backburning doesn't do it, and it prevents catastrphic fire.
Actually plain old any fire is fine, no "catastrophic fire" necessary. (first year biology)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Eh, these aren't conventional rainforests mang. Like, visit the Royal National Park and you'll see what I'm talking about.

WAITAMINUTE! Didn't it burn down years ago? YES IT DID! IT DID!

kekekekekeke
:rofl:
Er, no. I did some fieldwork down there 2nd semester last year. It has temperate rainforest, which is pretty conventional, considering there used to be more of it than hot rainforests.

*shrug*

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
a) So you're saying that backburning is enough for these plants? Not what I've been told luv.
b) ...I think you're missing my point, dear. I suggest that these rainforests, such as those of RNP and the Wollongong escarpment, are not of the type described by boris.

Please consider posts within their contexts, rather than reading them alone and misinterpreting their meaning. You are a moderator now, after all.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
a) So you're saying that backburning is enough for these plants? Not what I've been told luv.
You can make banksia and gum tree seed pods crack open with a lighter. No catastrophic superfire necessary, though the adult trees themselves need burning (though not "catastrophically") every few years.

b) ...I think you're missing my point, dear. I suggest that these rainforests, such as those of RNP and the Wollongong escarpment, are not of the type described by boris.
Her point still stands. Temperate rainforests, like those in the RNP, have a lower fire risk than other comparable vegetation types, purely because they are unlikely to be very dry, and the conditions that are conducive to fires aren't normally present there. Fires in the RNP have typically scoured the drier coastal heath, but not the surrounding rainforest.

HSC
It will burn if you get it hot enough, but you`d find that those small pockets of temperate rainforest are ony there becasue it hasnt burnt there with past fires, which would make it unlikely it would burn there in the future.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
i heard that plants have a receptor pigment called nebz-o-chrome which senses whether a bushfire is a backburn or a catastrophic one, by detecting changes in shade due to houses being destoyed

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Kwayera said:
You can make banksia and gum tree seed pods crack open with a lighter. No catastrophic superfire necessary, though the adult trees themselves need burning (though not "catastrophically") every few years.
Whatever I forget the type of plants the dude was talking about. Still, answer the question: Is backburning enough to do this? Do the flames reach high enough? Do enough seeds get cracked open? Me says no.

Her point still stands. Temperate rainforests, like those in the RNP, have a lower fire risk than other comparable vegetation types, purely because they are unlikely to be very dry, and the conditions that are conducive to fires aren't normally present there. Fires in the RNP have typically scoured the drier coastal heath, but not the surrounding rainforest.
The point boris was making was that rainforests don't burn. Which was entirely incorrect. And the fires did get to the rainforest in the RNP guy.

Ok luv can you go back and read where these posts originally came from rather than making me explain these things to you?

No I'll explain it anyway.

BACKBURNING SHOULD BE KEPT AWAY FROM RAINFORESTS IN AUSTRALIA.

boris

Banned
HSC
Whatever I forget the type of plants the dude was talking about. Still, answer the question: Is backburning enough to do this? Do the flames reach high enough? Do enough seeds get cracked open? Me says no.

The point boris was making was that rainforests don't burn. Which was entirely incorrect. And the fires did get to the rainforest in the RNP guy.

Ok luv can you go back and read where these posts originally came from rather than making me explain these things to you?

No I'll explain it anyway.

BACKBURNING SHOULD BE KEPT AWAY FROM RAINFORESTS IN AUSTRALIA.
yeah ok, maybe you should go back and read where i said that the forests you were talking about arent rainforests. Kwayera has also said this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)