• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Virus spreading around (Is it true????) O__o (1 Viewer)

HSC
There some ppl at school saying there some kin of virus, called conflick or something like that, said it been affected my MS or something and now it's spreading around... is it true, and is it that bad :s????

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
hmm more of a worm rather than virus.
It's conficker :)

and apparently if you had this :eek: then 2 days ago it would have made itself harder to detect and cause all sorts of problems. eg instead of being sent 50 instructions it would increase to 50000 (if i remember correctly)

The easiest way to find out if your computer has been infected would be attempting to connect your computer to symantec.com Symantec - AntiVirus, Anti-Spyware, Endpoint Security, Backup, Storage Solutions

delorean

HSC

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
It was supposed to be activated on the 1st.

havent heard hear any cases of infected computer yet.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
yuh its called conficker

on april 1st it was supposed to 'call home' and try and update itself. if this had happened successfully, the consequences would have been pretty bad. apparently it failed though.

download and install this to protect against the worm:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6E-9265-44B9-A376-2067B73D6A03&displaylang=en

if you want to remove it if you already have it, try this:
Download details: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
Wrong. It correctly activated on April 1st, just as it has about 3 or 4 times before. It was never going to "blow up: on April 1st, just activate new virus code. The new code will take probably 2 weeks to reach all infected computers, at which point it will be slightly more powerful than before.

As far as we know, the conficker botnet (all computers infected) has not been used for any major tasks yet, but has the potential to be one of the most powerful supercomputers in the world.

Evidence suggests it's under the control of the PLA's cyber warfare wing (i.e. the Chinese government). No real surprise there. They've been trying to hack Western targets for years.

Let's be sure: it did NOT fail. If you haven't yet, scan your computer to see if you have it. Last thing we need is you helping the commies wage asymmetric warfare.

shuning

HSC
回复: Re: Virus spreading around (Is it true????) O__o

Evidence suggests it's under the control of the PLA's cyber warfare wing (i.e. the Chinese government). No real surprise there. They've been trying to hack Western targets for years.
im so proud of my country now :haha:

btw what's gona happen if ur PC gets infested?
and if it's really made by the PLA... my anti-virus is developed by the police department in China.. i guess it saves me right?

LordNecro

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: Virus spreading around (Is it true????) O__o

This worm is the biggest crock of shit, they have so many non computer literate idiots talking about it, that it is more of a virus than a worm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)