Vote on a subject! I need subject selection help!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Just a warning - don't let people tell you drama is a bludge. IT'S NOT. Okay, it is in year eleven, but in year twelve it's actually a heck of a lot of work - two major works PLUS theory (essay) work as well! It easily takes up the most time of all my (admittedly rather easy) subjects.

Thing is, it's a heck of a lot of fun, and if you want to be a teacher, I think it'd be a lot more use to you than Legal or Ancient. See, drama improves your confidence speaking in front of a group of people - But then again, every I know who does Legal loves it, apparently it's really interesting and relevant to real life.

As for Ancient, I love it because it's such a low-pressure subject (that could just be the teacher, though). No need to memorise dates because few historians are really sure of the dates anyway, there's a lot of reading involved and you have to write fairly extensive summaries but it's all pretty simple and straightforward.

Don't be scared of doing thirteen units! I'm doing fourteen and loving it, I didn't wanna drop any of them so I simply didn't :p It is a bit stressful though come Trials though, sticking to twelve is probably the smart choice...

Oh yeah - Earth - again, a very simple, straightforward subject. Year eleven is boring as all hell, just rocks, rocks, water, some more rocks, but year twelve is fun - evolution, volcanoes, fossils, field trips.

But I'd still recommend switching Legal with Drama. Just sayin'. I did 2unit maths in year eleven and hated it to death, so I dropped it. Honestly, unless you like it or want to do a science/maths/engineering/medicine at uni I don't see the point in doing it... but each to their own.

Good luck!
For what I've seen from the year 12s at Sunday musical rehersals (they were practising their own thing in the greenroom) it doesn't seem like a bludge to me. They stayed back after school heaps for drama. I never thought about that - good point! I've heard that about legal too, so really i don't mind which one I get.

The teacher that I would have for ancient is my current history elective teacher and he's really laid back but a great teacher so if I got it the teacher should be pretty good.

I reckon if I find 13 to hard than I'll just drop down to 1 unit religion :)

For Earth & Enviro I doubt I'm going to get it. I'm not even sure if we were meant to put down this many reserves but there were 2 reserves on the actual sheet and 8 spaces for these subjects on another why you want to do the subjects sheet so I wrote down 3 reserves, 4 subjects and ex1

I don't think it's really going to matter what order I put legal and drama in. I've got the same chance of getting them, probs more actually for drama because
1. i only have 1 reserve on the proper sheet cause i'm doing ex1 and
2. my friend who is doing drama now said that they got told if no current non-drama people (eg. me) don't do drama there probs won't be enough for a class - there must be a lot of current drama people dropping it - so I might get put in so that they have enough
3. only about 30-40 from 140 ish people last year got their top 4 and again I only have one reserve

For maths if it's too hard I'll drop to general, if I can't do that: bye bye maths completely

chose something that you will enjoy and therefore go well in.
enough said.
i dont give a shit about scaling.
do something you like.
you will perform 3 x better.
That's what I'm trying to do with these subjects. Neither do I, obviously if your crap at a subject that scales well than ur still going to do crap.

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
For what I've seen from the year 12s at Sunday musical rehersals (they were practising their own thing in the greenroom) it doesn't seem like a bludge to me. They stayed back after school heaps for drama. I never thought about that - good point! I've heard that about legal too, so really i don't mind which one I get.

The teacher that I would have for ancient is my current history elective teacher and he's really laid back but a great teacher so if I got it the teacher should be pretty good.

I reckon if I find 13 to hard than I'll just drop down to 1 unit religion :)

For Earth & Enviro I doubt I'm going to get it. I'm not even sure if we were meant to put down this many reserves but there were 2 reserves on the actual sheet and 8 spaces for these subjects on another why you want to do the subjects sheet so I wrote down 3 reserves, 4 subjects and ex1

I don't think it's really going to matter what order I put legal and drama in. I've got the same chance of getting them, probs more actually for drama because
1. i only have 1 reserve on the proper sheet cause i'm doing ex1 and
2. my friend who is doing drama now said that they got told if no current non-drama people (eg. me) don't do drama there probs won't be enough for a class - there must be a lot of current drama people dropping it - so I might get put in so that they have enough
3. only about 30-40 from 140 ish people last year got their top 4 and again I only have one reserve

For maths if it's too hard I'll drop to general, if I can't do that: bye bye maths completely

That's what I'm trying to do with these subjects. Neither do I, obviously if your crap at a subject that scales well than ur still going to do crap.
Don't you need bio to teach PE?

HSC
Don't you need bio to teach PE?
Apparently not. We got this book from school about prerequisits, assumed knowledge, suggested subs, etc. and for most of the pe teaching courses it was 2 out of: pe, mathematics, biology, chemistry (from memory, I may be wrong) and so I'm doing pe and maths, that's my two :)

theycallmebob

HSC
remember, you can change your subjects quite easily later. I changed about 3 of mine up until 2nd term.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)