• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Wanting a relationship at the "wrong time" (1 Viewer)

findaway

HSC
Hi everyone, just wanted some advice.

I have never had a bf before, have never really wanted one, but I've come to a point where I really feel like I want someone. Problem: I'm in the middle of year 12!

Somehow, I think that to have a bf in yr 12 you need to be in a steady relationship. Just beginning may take up too much of my homework time. hmm...

But anyway, even if I wanted one, I am really shy, as in really really shy. As in, I will see a guy coming and think OMG it's a guy and run, or even worse embarass myself terribly by blushing and not being able to even talk. I think this may be because I don't tend to interact much with guys my own age, I'm at an all girls school and have been for awihle. Then again, it may just be me...

anyway, any advice on anything? I really want someone I can talk to and who makes me feel good.

Thanks!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
um, troll?
if not
wait?
you don't just wake up one day and decide "omgz i want a bf!! now!!" and get one. especially if you run from boys that you meet. if you meet someone, go out with them, if not, study. i don't understand the sudden urgency.

carreau

HSC
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
y would u want a bf? theyre such a responsibility... they call all the time, get all possessive, smell like gunk, are hideously ugly, and are a complete waste of time...
stick with ur studies for this year and you'll thank urself nxt yr for ur results.
Call all the time - Nope

Get all possessive - Nope

Smell like gunk - Nope

Are hideously ugly - Maybe

Are a complete waste of time - If time to you is sitting at a mall or cafe with you and your friends while you all chat and bitch away I wouldn't be suprised at all about your attitude.

carreau

HSC
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
maybe u do that but i certainly do not. i actually study from mon-fri and am not a huge fan of the mall.
You don't need to study THAT much.. Unless you're aiming for like 99+

Plenty of time to go and mess around.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
findaway said:
Hi everyone, just wanted some advice.

I have never had a bf before, have never really wanted one, but I've come to a point where I really feel like I want someone. Problem: I'm in the middle of year 12!

Somehow, I think that to have a bf in yr 12 you need to be in a steady relationship. Just beginning may take up too much of my homework time. hmm...

But anyway, even if I wanted one, I am really shy, as in really really shy. As in, I will see a guy coming and think OMG it's a guy and run, or even worse embarass myself terribly by blushing and not being able to even talk. I think this may be because I don't tend to interact much with guys my own age, I'm at an all girls school and have been for awihle. Then again, it may just be me...

anyway, any advice on anything? I really want someone I can talk to and who makes me feel good.

Thanks!
:/

:/ :/ :/

:/ :\ :/ :\

Pace_T

HSC
yeh some people worry too much about the hsc just relax !!! go out and get a bf if u want one. just coz ur doing the hsc doesnt mean u have 2 put ur life on hold for a whole year geez people!
u could try just going out at nite to pick up with ur girlfriends or try meet new guys thru ur friends from skool or something...

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Pace_T said:
yeh some people worry too much about the hsc just relax !!! go out and get a bf if u want one. just coz ur doing the hsc doesnt mean u have 2 put ur life on hold for a whole year geez people!
u could try just going out at nite to pick up with ur girlfriends or try meet new guys thru ur friends from skool or something...
uhh
i dont think she is socially capable of "just getting out there and finding one"

Skeeta

HSC
I agree. Its all about balance. If you cant handle a boyfriend when you are studying for the hsc, how are you ever going to be able to juggle uni, a job, a relationship and friends.

If you are smart about who you get into relationships with, you wont get screwed over. If you are smart about how you spend your time, you will do well in the hsc.

Season

HSC
To me as long as you have similarish goals, or the one who has less goals doesn't mind the other having medicine sky high dreams, then you're set.

But just a warning, my Mum is a psychologist and at the end of every single freaking year she does college rounds and she ALWAYS gets girls coming and crying to her about how the day before the exam she broke up with her boyfriend.

No joke, on average she'll see about 50 people a year with that excuse (she visits a few colleges) and although she'll give out as many reasons as she can, it will happen year after year after year.

kimii

UltimateMEMBER :D
HSC
i think that... if it happens it happens.. but i gues u have like many many years ahead of you to get a bf...

i have a bf.. and well we encourage/ bribe each other to study such as no going out in the holidays etc etc. my principalgives us lectures and sometimes he tells us that if we're in a relationship we should beable to manage it and school.. and balance it out

we do well in school so im not complaining...

dodgyfilokid

HSC
if you want to have a relationship while you're in your hsc then do so..just know how to balance everything cause if you dont you can kiss hello to all sorts of troubles...with the issue of being shy,..its normal if you dont really interact with the opposite sex it has happend to me before coming from an all boys school (in the philippines)....i was hell scared and shy of girls...sooner or later someone will help you out and you never know maybe that first guy friend you have may turn out to be ur partner

bng

HSC
Wat suburb do u liv in 'findaway'? I mite have a mate that might want to meet u if ur looking for some1. Depends on where u liv

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
bng said:
Wat suburb do u liv in 'findaway'? I mite have a mate that might want to meet u if ur looking for some1. Depends on where u liv
hahahahahaha

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
you really need to get over the shy thing before you even think about getting into a relationship :s guys can't read your mind, if you're afraid to even speak to them there's no way anything is ever going to happen... seriously, make some male friends if you can, or at least try and hold a non awkward, non embarrassing/shy conversation with a few of their species and then you can think about getting a boyfriend.

findaway

HSC
Thanks to everyone for the advice (especially dodgyfilokid, it's nice to know I'm not the only shy person out there).

BTW, I live in the southern end of the eastern suburbs.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
y would u want a bf? theyre such a responsibility... they call all the time, get all possessive, smell like gunk, are hideously ugly, and are a complete waste of time...
stick with ur studies for this year and you'll thank urself nxt yr for ur results.
Are you sure you havnt been going out with girls?

Either way relationships are not hard to juggle in yr12 and IMO if you can't juggle a relationship in yr12 your not going to do well anyway(because you don't know how to organise your time)

bng

HSC
findaway said:
Thanks to everyone for the advice (especially dodgyfilokid, it's nice to know I'm not the only shy person out there).

Well, i go to the skool in the heart of the city, so some1 in yr 12 must liv near there. I got a mate that owns a house at bondi

carreau

HSC
findaway said:

Southern end of the eastern suburbs hmm..

Where the hell would that be lol?

I'm around the bondi area and I consider that the center or so of the Eastern Suberbs..

So.. you're what? Maroubra?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)