• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

waste of paper! (2 Viewers)

so, do u agree?

• yes

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • no

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • dont care

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
with like the ancient history exam and stuff where there is diffent topics, its confusing witha ll the options printed out

mojako

HSC
flyin' said:
That's why there is recycling in place.
but... recycle plants use energy too!!!
so it's not completely and perfectly "recycled"

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
mojako said:
but... recycle plants use energy too!!!
so it's not completely and perfectly "recycled"
Well, it's better than no recycling.

olay

HSC
totally agree about the sections thing, but i reckon they should also give us more lines to answer the q'ns... esp short answer ones. >=/ it's frustrating running out of room - and i have fairly small writing too, can't imagine how ppl with large writing cope.

mojako

HSC
olay said:
totally agree about the sections thing, but i reckon they should also give us more lines to answer the q'ns... esp short answer ones. >=/ it's frustrating running out of room - and i have fairly small writing too, can't imagine how ppl with large writing cope.
i agree with you.
the spaces short answers are "just" enough and in fact too little.
but they waste a great amount of paper on other parts.
sometimes they do things like:
page 21 [yes, an odd page*]:
[very-top] section... , centre number... student number... etc.
[still at the top] Question18 (10 marks)
Please turn over
...and the rest of that page is blank!
then there's the question which occupies 2 pages... but then there's a page written "BLANK PAGE", so that the question uses up a total of 4 pages.

*If they want to tear apart a question so that it can be marked by different teachers, they could just get rid of those two blank pages (one written as BLANK PAGE and the other one not).
hmm at least exam papers are printed double-sided / in duplex.. I think they are...

Last edited:

funniboi

HSC
i reckon they should not give tests. at all.

save all the paper in the world.

mojako

HSC
funniboi said:
i reckon they should not give tests. at all.

save all the paper in the world.
Not all!! not all paper in the world is spent on printing tests...

funniboi

HSC
ok then, save all the paper in the world.. used on test papers.

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
*girl04* said:
with like the ancient history exam and stuff where there is diffent topics, its confusing witha ll the options printed out
So true, that exam sucked.

santaslayer

HSC
Yes I agree. But that would create more problems and difficulties. Printing the whole paper is more wasteful but there is a lower risk of problems.

mojako

HSC
santaslayer said:
Yes I agree. But that would create more problems and difficulties. Printing the whole paper is more wasteful but there is a lower risk of problems.
what about printing list of english prescribed texts in small prints and putting two questions on one paper?
and on the thing on post #26?

mm as if I could change the way exams are printed.. :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
The exam arent that significant when you think about the number of handouts we get each year for every subject. Geez, some exam papers are nothing compared to my English folder, which is starting to resemble what would have been a small forest :(

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
The exam arent that significant when you think about the number of handouts we get each year for every subject. Geez, some exam papers are nothing compared to my English folder, which is starting to resemble what would have been a small forest :(

true but many subjects we need handouts to learn, obviously

i only wish i had a forest full of english notes, we do nothing in our classes it is the least work subject and notes might actually make it understandable

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Im not saying, "give us less handouts"

Im just saying that exam papers are not that significant compared to other uses of paper during the HSC year...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
no
it's way too much trouble, you can't expect them to coordinate that. there's more chance of mistakes. it's bad enough that they have to count out the right number of papers for every subject in the state and deliver them to the school and all schools do different subjects. they can't also decide which version of the paper goes to the school.

mojako

HSC
Sarah168 said:
and ur picture looks a bit like a forest too ;)

mojako

HSC
*girl04* said:
true but many subjects we need handouts to learn, obviously

i only wish i had a forest full of english notes, we do nothing in our classes it is the least work subject and notes might actually make it understandable
get notes from this site (BOS) or buy some notes book, there're many of them that specifically discuss a particular text and within the context of the HSC theme.. and there might be preliminary stuff too. sometimes those books are just too long to read (completely) :p

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
schools waste stacks of paper... but I dont think they care... nor does the government for that matter... we started recycling @ our school which just got dumped in the normal bin anyway.... so whats da point of trying to educate the environmentally unconcious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)