wat happens to blonde hair when u dye it brown?? (1 Viewer)

=slade=

HSC
i have naturally medium brown hair, kinda boring, with blonde foils. if i buy a permanent dye thats darker than my natural hair colour, wat happens to the blonded parts? will they go green or some bizarre colour?anyone everdone this successfully? no $$ for hairdressers lol

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
=slade= said:
i have naturally medium brown hair, kinda boring, with blonde foils. if i buy a permanent dye thats darker than my natural hair colour, wat happens to the blonded parts? will they go green or some bizarre colour?anyone everdone this successfully? no $$ for hairdressers lol

yeah I did this once, I had blonde foils over light brown hair done at the hairdresser and I haaated it, and I put over the top a darker brown dye, one of those (permanent) DIY things you can buy at supermarkets and it was fine, the blonded bits went a caremel sort of colour

Skeeta

HSC
if u go to the hairdresser they usually put a red dye through ur hair first, then dye it brown - i think this is only if u want a really even cover

the blonde bits wont go as dark as the darker bits of you hairl will but i've done it before and it turned out orite.

=slade=

HSC
is it easy to get even coverage? any tips lol my mums going to do itfor me, but shes never done it before is it really hard to do a good job??

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
putting a dye in your hair at home is like putting conditioner or shampoo in your hair. only your wearing gloves, and the dye can stain.

I color my own hair at home, its heaps easy. You just have to distribute the color evenly and get it on all your hair, dont forget to do underneath, and rub vaseline around your hairline and on your ears, its easier to get off dye that has gone on your skin, or use alcohol wipes after the color is appliedm, then the dye on your skin easily comes off.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
It doesn't turn completely brown, it goes like a lightish browny colour.

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
Nah, your hair should be fine. The blonde parts will obviously be a bit lighter, but, it may look better than all one colour. Just be careful when you do it, some chick dyed her hair at home and came to school on Monday and she had black stuff all over her face and hands.

=slade=

HSC
cool! thanks guys,i really wanted to do it but i thought it might go green or something weird lol

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
I think it may only be chlorine that turns blonde hair green.
my stepsisters hair turned green and she started crying and i pissed myself laughing every time i saw her hair. she was so mad at me, then started crying coz i was laughing at her.

sugared plum

HSC
i always do my hair myself, or with my sister, but the last time i had a voucher so went to the hair dresser and she was like, if you go blonde to brown you have to strip it first because otherwise the colour won't stay. and when i think about it that's true, it has happened to me, but if it bothers you then you just buy another packet of hairdye and you're still better off than hairdressers.

except if you are unco like me, and mess black hair dye down yr sister's neck/forehead so her face hairs/neck hairs were black. so i was like ooh must wax, but she was like no way, so just got all chemicals out of the garage and attempted to remove dye. and then put the cloth she'd used in the washingmachine with my mum's bedsheets. hairdye excitement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)