wats ur gym routine (1 Viewer)

annagurl

HSC
N/A
trollin' much better now Annalady

there's a few things you should look up before starting exercise in order to make it easier to cope with unexpected results (bad/slow ones) and they include:
- The Spot Reduction Myth
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
- Body types per ^
Why thank you, lolsmith :)

I just googled your suggestions.
So basically with the BMR calculation, would you use it as an indication of how much you should be eating as a minimum to just function?
I will now not eat anymore than 1307 calories.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
BMR is to maintain a stagnant weight. 500 calories above should guarantee you weight gain (usually for people who are bulking muscle) and 500 calories below should guarantee you fat loss. Be sensible about your diet, vegetables, fruit and fish/chicken are your friend (opt for the less fatty ones). Eat meals in good proportions (not enormous ones, but not a single celery stick, for example) every 2-3 hours for optimal results. It's a bit harder for school students such as yourself, so basically just cut all (most) the junk out of your diet for the time being and try to eat some organic alternatives if you get hungry. Don't avoid eating on purpose because that isn't healthy. Exercise wise, do some cardio* but also attempt to build some level of muscle. Having more lean muscle mass on your body means you burn fat more efficiently (because it raises your BMR).

* includes running (preferably HIIT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensity_interval_training)), cycling, crunches (sorta but not really), even walking around the playground during lunch and recess with your bag on (for extra weight) should help

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Basically by exercising a bit more at home (pushups, situps, etc), eating less crappy junk food, you can see results within a minimum of 2 weeks (personally, for me) or usually 4 at the latest. You don't need to undergo any significant lifestyle changes.

Also drink lots (LOTS) of water and get at the absolute minimum 7 hours sleep per night

annagurl

HSC
N/A
You serious? You're willing to eat just enough to survive when you're severly underwight already?
How would you know if i'm severely underweight?
BMR is to maintain a stagnant weight. 500 calories above should guarantee you weight gain (usually for people who are bulking muscle) and 500 calories below should guarantee you fat loss. Be sensible about your diet, vegetables, fruit and fish/chicken are your friend (opt for the less fatty ones). Eat meals in good proportions (not enormous ones, but not a single celery stick, for example) every 2-3 hours for optimal results. It's a bit harder for school students such as yourself, so basically just cut all (most) the junk out of your diet for the time being and try to eat some organic alternatives if you get hungry. Don't avoid eating on purpose because that isn't healthy. Exercise wise, do some cardio* but also attempt to build some level of muscle. Having more lean muscle mass on your body means you burn fat more efficiently (because it raises your BMR).

* includes running (preferably HIIT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensity_interval_training)), cycling, crunches (sorta but not really), even walking around the playground during lunch and recess with your bag on (for extra weight) should help
Basically by exercising a bit more at home (pushups, situps, etc), eating less crappy junk food, you can see results within a minimum of 2 weeks (personally, for me) or usually 4 at the latest. You don't need to undergo any significant lifestyle changes.

Also drink lots (LOTS) of water and get at the absolute minimum 7 hours sleep per night
807 calories for the next month it is then :)
I'm currently getting like 5-6 hours of sleep, so i'll fix that up.
As much as I crave junk food, I haven't had any in a week. That's a start :)
I can eat in most classes, because most of my teachers like me and wont say anything.
I currently only rock climb once a week, as well as a 15 minute walk home from the bus. Maybe i'll get off at an earlier stop and walk for like another ten minutes.
My friends have said in the past that salad, sticks of fruit and vegetable and then maybe a light dinner is a good way to lose weight. I think 807 calories will cover that diet

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh em gee, we are practically the same size then! :D
Except i'm 5"3' and like 45kg.
Also... i'm sorry to say that we have a BMI of above 15> :p
haha shh i used some internet calculator it was bound to be wrong

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC
Personally, I think losing weight is the last thing you should be concerned about. If anything, you should try building lean muscle mass

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
or you can do what I do, run everyday and eat high protein stuff :D

and I'm fixing up my weights issue, slowly increasing them :/

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
silly boys, girls don't want to look like gorillas!!!!!!!! :LLl :pP XDDDD

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Eat well, exercise, sleep well = Win.

Don't need to over complicate something that isn't really that complicated in the first place.

bitumen

HSC
How would you know if i'm severely underweight?

807 calories for the next month it is then :)
I'm currently getting like 5-6 hours of sleep, so i'll fix that up.
As much as I crave junk food, I haven't had any in a week. That's a start :)
I can eat in most classes, because most of my teachers like me and wont say anything.
I currently only rock climb once a week, as well as a 15 minute walk home from the bus. Maybe i'll get off at an earlier stop and walk for like another ten minutes.
My friends have said in the past that salad, sticks of fruit and vegetable and then maybe a light dinner is a good way to lose weight. I think 807 calories will cover that diet
um cool 800 calories is roughly what i ate every day when i was *engaging in disordered eating behaviour*
are you fucking serious? you shouldn't even be thinking about calories
eat food close to it's natural state and eat as much as you want. that's all you have to do

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Today I have consumed 334 calories so far.
Haven't eaten anything, just had an iced chocolate from Gloria Jeans and "sports water".
I think I can afford to have a nice dinner tonight

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Haven't eaten anything, just had an iced chocolate from Gloria Jeans and "sports water".
Why not eat until you're full? while making a healthy choice if you can, if not just eat.

I had a grilled chicken burger from hungry jacks just then :D

bitumen

HSC
schweet so basically you're living off sugar.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Why not eat until you're full? while making a healthy choice if you can, if not just eat.

I had a grilled chicken burger from hungry jacks just then :D
I'm not starving myself.
I will eat eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)