We Did It!!! (1 Viewer)

olay

HSC
congratulations ext II englishers of 2004............

WE MADE IT :D :D :D

how does everyone feel about their work/ feel about having done the course??

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
all i can say is...
YAY!!!
ok... that's my celebrating...
ummm i'm not happy with what i handed in... it wasn't great at all. though it did look pretty, i made a really nice cover.
I liked the course and the independant aspects of it... though if i were to do it again i'd make sure i didn't leave it to the last minute!!!

Last edited:
J

jhakka

I loved the course, but it felt good to finally sign the submission form.

Aussiechick

HSC
What a relief! I'm proud of the work I've done over the last year, I know it could have been better, but for a year's worth of work, I'm happy :)

like jhakka said, it felt good to finally sign the submission form :)

boz-foogle

Banned
tomorrows_angel said:
all i can say is...
YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok... that's my celebrating...
ummm i'm not happy with what i handed in... it wasn't great at all. though it did look pretty, i made a really nice cover.
I liked the course and the independant aspects of it... though if i were to do it again i'd make sure i didn't leave it to the last minute!!!
WAYYYYYY TO FUCK UP THE BOOOOOOOOOOARDS FORMATTTINNNNNNNNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U R AWSM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
i feel exhausted. i'm afraid to read my own work, because i know i will hate it. at the same time i'm really curious... oh i'm muddled
it would be an anti-climax if i had cared beforehand. i suppose it's just an anti-anti.

although i am concerned. my eng xx teacher was sick, i handed mine to the co-ordinator. i didn't sign anything. how important was my signature? is it ok if the co-ordinator forges it?????

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
sorry boz foogle. DIdn't know it would do that ... well mine's fixed now and yours is the only one stuffing up the formatting!

and f***foot, that's the submission form to the Board of studies verifying that you have handed in your work... you should go see your teacher tomorrow if they're there or otherwise see whoever you gave it to. I don't know whether it makes a diff,..

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I realised I had one spelling mistake amongst the 6,000 odd words I typed - after I handed it in. Whoops. Oh well, hopefully they won't notice.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
fuckfoot said:
i feel exhausted. i'm afraid to read my own work, because i know i will hate it. at the same time i'm really curious... oh i'm muddled
it would be an anti-climax if i had cared beforehand. i suppose it's just an anti-anti.

although i am concerned. my eng xx teacher was sick, i handed mine to the co-ordinator. i didn't sign anything. how important was my signature? is it ok if the co-ordinator forges it?????
I read mine. I hated it! But its over! time for the markers to judge our babies!

J

jhakka

Haha, I liked my story. It might sound like I have a big ego, but mine was really good. :p

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
I did the same as Will Sparky - I looked at my script today, and realised that only once I'd written (V.O.) instead of (V/O)... I know it's not much at all, but it just pisses me off that I didn't catch it before I handed it in

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ziff said:
I realised I had one spelling mistake amongst the 6,000 odd words I typed - after I handed it in. Whoops. Oh well, hopefully they won't notice.
They notice....then they take 1 mark off....and give you 49

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
YAY!! All done! No more worrying! I too am very proud of my work.. anxious to see what the markers think of it, ARGH!

Last edited:

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I'm annoyed about leaving it to the last. But it's actually quite inspiring because I actually finished a piece of writing - had to.

It's not my best work though, the word limit cut my knees out from under me. Probably my complicated plot didn't help.

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
oh, i think im happy with my story :D and i havent had any negative feedback on it yet from anyone!

only thing is, so far (i.e since submission) I've picked up a grand total of FOUR SPELLING/PUNCTUATION MISTAKES (which are both something i'm ususally incredibly dilligent about in formal work!)

and one plot error, if you can call it that! In one part, I originally had my character as a six year old - i later changed her to eight - but somehow missed one of the references..... so she switches from eight, to six, then back to eight again, all in the same scene.... dammit!

ahh well.... i cant change it now!!!!

:)

da_lozmeister

OMG! IT'S OVER!

what are we goin to do with our spare time now?! 4u was my escape from everything!

as i said in my reflection statement....maybe i'll start another story...

but yeah im really happy with mine. took me forever and ive only noticed one bit that makes sense but i think i could have re phrased better....oh well...

they'll get over it! :D

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
hmmm i'm still not happy with it really.
ummm one of the girls from my school in 2002 was in the standards packages as a band 5/6 (was then) response - she got full marks and i read through her original and picked up at least 6 grammar mistakes and typos.
I hope i didn't have any... i never actually checked through it cos i was too scared i was going to hate it. i haven't proof read it. and i'm not going to read it... ever. it's forgotten!

J

jhakka

It's strange to see people who haven't actually read their work. I went over my own with a pencil to knock out mistakes about three times, and gave it to my Advanced and Extension teachers twice or three times each.

Weird.

-Murfs-

I gave mine to my E2 teacher, let him check over it and went over it a half dozen times too. Was alright except (i found out today) when i made the last minute changes overtype was on and i didnt realise.. got a two sentances with words missing. I dunno if its a big deal.. "He left the feeling more than ever" is missing 'alone'.

But yeh other than that im sooooo happy its over and handed in. I mean i loved the course, but managed my time pretty bad... quite rushed. Its was the biggest anti-climax handing it in tho.. I walked out with the other Extension Two ppl to get Maccas, just couldnt turn around and go to class after that!!

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
YES!!! Huge anticlimax for us too. We had Extension 1 journals, Extension 2 major works and Drama HSC on the same day... very hectic and anticlimactic, it was a strange, empty feeling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)