#welcome #general-chat (1 Viewer)

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
oh whoops i didn't think of it that big... just like mid year exams right? or am i wrong

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
oh whoops i didn't think of it that big... just like mid year exams right? or am i wrong
Some of the content you’re doing in your subjects now will be continued to year 12 as year 11 is just the foundations. I think the exams are really important not necessarily for the marking aspect but to test your knowledge of the basics needed for Year 12. So it’s more of a diagnostic feedback kind of thing. After all your Year 11 marks don’t count so use it as an opportunity to improve!

Mαɳα

HSC
How about Early Entry into universities? Apparently Year 11 Does Count in respect to that?

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
How about Early Entry into universities? Apparently Year 11 Does Count in respect to that?
That’s an exception, although many factors are considered for early entry. Reports, leadership roles, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander etc.

Mαɳα

HSC
That’s an exception, although many factors are considered for early entry. Reports, leadership roles, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander etc.
I see. Thank you. Just gotta do rlly rlly hard for year 12 then.

Mαɳα

HSC
Do you guys wish that the calculation for 100% of ATAR only comes from the externals?

Mαɳα

HSC
No, I'm not questioning. DO you wish it should be a full 100% weighting on externals?

edit: quote for evidence, meant to say wish. apologies.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
No, I'm not questioning. DO you think it should be a full 100% weighting on externals?
Ah sorry I misunderstood, no I don’t think it should all be based on externals. That’s just like saying that one test is the determining factor if you get a good ATAR or a bad ATAR. I think it’s good to have diversity of different mediums of assessments (e.g take home tasks and tests) so that people have different ways to show their skill in whatever they’re best at.

Mαɳα

HSC
But I like externals since every student gets the same test. So imo 100% all for nothing in there.

And ur rankings in class don't matter due to only the final exam counting.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
But I like externals since every student gets the same test. So imo 100% all for nothing in there.

And ur rankings in class don't matter.
I can understand your reasoning although I guess my opinion is maybe the externals have more weighting than the internals but I can also understand that different schools will have internals of varying difficulty. The only similarity is that everyone has to complete specific outcomes so I can see where you’re coming at

Mαɳα

HSC
I can understand your reasoning although I guess my opinion is maybe the externals have more weighting than the internals but I can also understand that different schools will have internals of varying difficulty. The only similarity is that everyone has to complete specific outcomes so I can see where you’re coming at
Is it cause of those syllabus dot-points for all ur subjects? So yeah everyone has to fulfil course levels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)