#welcome #general-chat (3 Viewers)

DarkOperator618

HSC
Hello 2021ers :D
333 days to the HSC if my maths is correct.

Here is a thread for some introductions and chance to meet other students in your cohort. Also a place for general chat about the HSC. :)

Some suggested questions
  • What year you are graduating?
  • What subjects you are studying?
  • What do you hope to do after HSC?
  • Good study tips / study break ideas??
All the best for the next 12 months !
modern, history ext, business, physics, std english (cos I'm dumb) and adv maths
buy a WRX STI and go for a photo shoot with it
when in doubt, sleep

Yakult1

HSC
Hello 2021ers :D
333 days to the HSC if my maths is correct.

Here is a thread for some introductions and chance to meet other students in your cohort. Also a place for general chat about the HSC. :)

Some suggested questions
  • What year you are graduating?
  • What subjects you are studying?
  • What do you hope to do after HSC?
  • Good study tips / study break ideas??
All the best for the next 12 months !
I guess this is a good time for my first post ahah

Maths Standard (dumbass), Eng Standard (also a dumbass), ancient history, hist ext, VET IDT, Software design development.

I want to do Computer Science at either UTS or UNSW, but i recognise that I will need to learn a lot of maths for this after HSC.

not necessarily a study tip, but build good relations with your teachers during prelim year, it will help a ton :D

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
Computer Science at either UTS or UNSW, but i recognise that I will need to learn a lot of maths for this after HSC.
does UTS offer comp sci? Thought they only had the engineerings and what not

Did you start off with standard maths or adv?

Kyufruit

HSC
I guess this is a good time for my first post ahah

Maths Standard (dumbass), Eng Standard (also a dumbass), ancient history, hist ext, VET IDT, Software design development.

I want to do Computer Science at either UTS or UNSW, but i recognise that I will need to learn a lot of maths for this after HSC.

not necessarily a study tip, but build good relations with your teachers during prelim year, it will help a ton :D
this.

A lot of juniors don’t realise they might be stuck with the teacher they were an asshole to for the next two years. Even if you don’t like your teacher, be kind to them, because they’ll be the one helping you out in the long run.

Yakult1

HSC
does UTS offer comp sci? Thought they only had the engineerings and what not

Did you start off with standard maths or adv?
Yeah UTS has computing science which has a lower ATAR entry compared to UNSW. Also I started off with advanced but my school told me to drop at the end of prelim because i wasn't in top 30 :\

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
Yeah UTS has computing science which has a lower ATAR entry compared to UNSW. Also I started off with advanced but my school told me to drop at the end of prelim because i wasn't in top 30 :\
oh i see

why do you want to do comp sci? I'm pretty interested in it too haha coding is funfun

Yakult1

HSC
oh i see

why do you want to do comp sci? I'm pretty interested in it too haha coding is funfun
I have been really interested in both maths and programming since early year 7 and having a course that pretty much combines the two is a godsend because I dont think I have any other passions, maybe history but its more of a hobby.

Im glad to see another person interested in comp sci as well! Which uni do you want to go to?

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
I have been really interested in both maths and programming since early year 7 and having a course that pretty much combines the two is a godsend because I dont think I have any other passions, maybe history but its more of a hobby.

Im glad to see another person interested in comp sci as well! Which uni do you want to go to?
unsw or uts, though maybe software engineering at UTS instead of computing science

Yakult1

HSC
unsw or uts, though maybe software engineering at UTS instead of computing science
Software engineering seems pretty interesting as well, the only thing that kinda bugs me about UTS is the campus and how spread out it is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)