#welcome #general-chat (2 Viewers)

idkkdi

HSC
mere mortals like us struggle to deal with the stress sometimes...
just curious, how hard is it to deal with stress?

Stress makes life a bit more fun sometimes doesn't it? And there's nothing that bad to be stressed about. You're not the one trying to put food on the table in the COVID situation.

Just see the big picture, and eat then swallow the stress :).

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
Stress makes life a bit more fun sometimes doesn't it?
mate stress isn't just "omg i have so much work to do". It's also the deteriorating sleep routine, neglecting healthy eating, cutting social ties etc ----> crumbling mental health

There are different levels of stress and it could possibly manifest into something harmful, so no, it's not as easy as that.

Yakult1

HSC
just curious, how hard is it to deal with stress?

Stress makes life a bit more fun sometimes doesn't it? And there's nothing that bad to be stressed about. You're not the one trying to put food on the table in the COVID situation.

Just see the big picture, and eat then swallow the stress :).
In my situation where I don't have the support of my parents sometimes I find it hard to stay motivated and things like that which often is the main cause for a lot of my stress. I know people who work part time jobs to pay for groceries and such whilst still performing well in all their subjects.

I know what you are trying to say but a lot of people struggle with family and mental issues that can make dealing with stress a very arduous task.

Side note: I wonder if people like @Speed’o’sound Sonic ever get stressed 🤔

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Stress/Anxiety in senior years of schooling is actually really common, and it’s a big underlying problem that isn’t often addressed properly. It often helps to know that you’re in the same boat as >90% of the state. Family expectations and expectations of yourself can also pile on a lot of stress.
Side note: I wonder if people like @Speed’o’sound Sonic ever get stressed 🤔
Yeah I stress sometimes, this year mainly for med application process and hsc finals. As long as you don’t let it affect your life too much it’s okay. You guys got this, only 360 odd days to go until you’re done 😂

Yakult1

HSC
Stress/Anxiety in senior years of schooling is actually really common, and it’s a big underlying problem that isn’t often addressed properly. It often helps to know that you’re in the same boat as >90% of the state. Family expectations and expectations of yourself can also pile on a lot of stress.

Yeah I stress sometimes, this year mainly for med application process and hsc finals. As long as you don’t let it affect your life too much it’s okay. You guys got this, only 360 odd days to go until you’re done 😂
You will have no trouble with med at UNSW seeing your UCAT scores and predicted raw marks, but I will still wish you good luck! Thanks for the encouragement as well, god knows I will need it..

Kyufruit

HSC

Got any advice for studying for the ucat? i also want to go into the medical field

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Got any advice for studying for the ucat? i also want to go into the medical field
I used MedEntry online to learn/practice for UCAT because, being as unorganised as I was, I only learned about the UCAT and started preparing for it about two months before the exam. There are books of questions you can buy, or websites you can use (both free and paid) but I decided to pay for MedEntry, luckily got a group discount.
Other than that, practice skills namely:
- Speed reading, basically fast reading to get the gist of the paragraphs and structure
- Searching for keywords e.g being able to identify numbers, names, dates or specific words in a paragraph FAST. Easy to practice with a character’s name in a book your know.
- Mental math, just tonnes of basic working to harder calculations like percentages, fractions and the like for QR
- USING THE NUMBERPAD for QR this is SO important: learn how to use the numberpad FAST. Without this I’d have been done for in QR after I lost 5 minutes due to my computer having multiple crashes. You can use online websites to do this.
Luckily the website I used covered all of that 😂
You got this, if you’re preparing from this far out you’ll smash it

YonOra

HSC
Did anyone do the LATs this year, or planning on it next year?

YonOra

HSC
I just searched it up and its used at UNSW for Law. It seems like the law equivalent of the UCAT, but I dont know if other unis use it for admission.
Its the Law Admissions Test that UNSW runs - purely for their law courses (no other unis require sitting this exam). It's made up of two sections: Analysing and synthesising a stimulus, and constructing your own piece of writing (stimuli can vary).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)