Well all my friends "grew up"... (1 Viewer)

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
Unassume said:
Did you know that everyone around you hates you so very very much because you're a shit person?

You don't even have anything decent to be happy about yourself for. That's what makes this so laughable.
WTF is your problem? Stop acting like you have a pole up your ass, bashing people, and being so fricken judgmental to people you don't know. Don't turn into a fricken sheep and slander other people to make your little self feel like a man. Idiot. That was an honest and heartfelt post and you just had to go and make yourself an immature twit.

Last edited:

Matty023

HSC
Don't worry about it so much, be who you are. Who they are does not need to reflect on you. I personally believe I am a rather smart person, though many people might read my actions and disagree.
Example: I did night before study for my HSC exams.
Why?: I really was not so concerned at that point with getting a high UAI, I could have, but I realised even if I don't get such a high UAI there are always other paths.
In the end I got a UAI of roughly 70, while some of my friends got high 90's (99.8 for one of them), I still managed to get into university.

We all have many paths ahead of us we could take, the question is where do you want to go? And better yet, why do you want to go there?

From my personal studies of philosophy and reflection I have come to find that all I really can find as my purpose in life is happiness.
And a famous quote from Bruce Almighty:
"Some of the happiest people in the world, go home smelling to high heaven at the end of the day."

For me I just want to be happy in the end.
I find my happiness involves several elements:

- I'm slightly Empathic?
I feel what others around me feel, I find happiness when others around me are happy and sorrow when others are sad. Therefore my answer to this is try to make sure everyone around me feels happy as well. (You'll never see an unjust flare on this forum from me)

- I want to find the person in this world who fills the empty place in my heart.
I want to find the right girl to spend the rest of my life with, who I can make happy as much as she can make me happy. And one day to have a family, but to support a family I will need money enough to feed and properly provide for my wife and children. Always remember not to let your love (emotional sense) die, keep it alive and interesting everyday, even if you can't afford expensive presents, a small surprise, something different to show you care can make the world of difference. For a family trip my father always needed to do something expensive, I would've been happy just to spend some time, or go camping (relatively cheap).

I guess some elements have sub elements, Happiness requires others to be happy, and to find the one who I can happily live with for the rest of our lives, requires a small amount of money, money often requires a job, or other ideas.

In the end the key is:
- Find out what it is you want in life, and why you want it.
- Find out what you need to achieve this goal.
- Consider the paths ahead of you and how they reflect your goals.
- Never lose sight of your goal by focusing upon one element too hard and losing focus of others. Yes, money is an element required for a family, but don't push it so hard you lose sight of your family and happiness goals so much that you've lost them all together. Goals can be addictive, and that's part of the nature of people. Keep balance in all things.

How does this relate to your friends?
Everyone follows paths, sometimes some friends may choose one path and we may chose another. The truth is about your goals and how you want/intend to get there. We make right decisions, we make wrong decisions. But follow the path that you feel is right for you.

In the end the paths are not so important on a day to day basis, though they often do define who we are (If you repeat something enough times, it becomes a part of you, it can become physically mapped in your brain). They are a means of getting to where we want and achieving our goals.

To me it seems your friends have different goals to you, or at least choose different paths to get to their goals. Don't think there is anything more or less right about the differences, it is our differences that define us and give us diversity.

For your friends, you could discuss with them, or find friends whose paths more suit your own, but it's not so much about your decision, it's more about understanding and justifying why you made the decision so you feel good about it and at least know you tried to make the best decision you could.

Please anyone reading this feel free to email reflections or thoughts on my advice to [ advice AT mattyware DOT com ]. Also mentioning which advice you are commenting on would be appreciated.

I hope some of this can help people here, please don't mind my less than excellent grammar and spelling. And remember the smallest thing in your life can make the biggest difference in another’s life, try to help and support others, instead of trying to make them feel bad and crushing their creativity.

Always helpful to a cry for help.
Matty
(UAI: 70ish, University Student with average grades, studying in Chinese in China, just trying to follow my paths)

Pace_T

HSC
does it really matter wat uai ur friends got cant u all just be friends regardless its not like the smart 1s have something to prove. if thats just the way they r then just get new friends who r at ur level
with me i got somewhere above 95 and most of my friends dropped out after year 10 or didnt get a uai above 70.... but my uni life n private life r completely different i dont like them overlapping

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Jessica_00 said:
You know what! I'm currently in the exact situation, expect its the opposite way around. Since last month, the UAI releases, my friends and I (depsite the many philosophies about the inaccuracies of the HSC) have grown appart somehow. They all think that because their UAI ( aka. 40s ish ) compared to my UAI (high 90's ) are so dramtically different, they're sorta treated me all differently and I dunno...maybe even a little silent when I approach at a cafe when we meet on saturdays. Its just... weird. While I'm always on the Chess club, debating club, public speaking club, knitting club, and bookworms club I've developed a liking for a lot of academic and competitive organisations. I couldnt wait to join as many clubs, comps, scholarship offers as I can.

Anyone feel the same?
You went to a 'special' school?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Jessica_00 said:
WTF is your problem? Stop acting like you have a pole up your ass, bashing people, and being so fricken judgmental to people you don't know. Don't turn into a fricken sheep and slander other people to make your little self feel like a man. Idiot. That was an honest and heartfelt post and you just had to go and make yourself an immature twit.
Leave him alone, he's only 16 :(

damnueconomics

poor poor student
HSC
i still talk to some of my school friends but i don't really have much in common with them anymore other then the fact that we went to the same school. one of them is with me where im studying and personally i don't really want them there. i have some friends at uni but they don't live anywhere near me and because of the degree im doing i am not with the same people each semester. so its kinda hard having friends either way. im bored with both. i find that i like talking to older people because they generally listen and don't talk shit to me. i reckon that you will probably get different friends soon enough and your probably going through a different stage then your friends are. a lot of my school friends didn't go to uni and do things like work and tafe so i never see them coz they are always busy and when they arnt im busy with uni coz i kind of take it seriously. so yea just wait and see. something will happen eventually and you will be feeling differently by then

mishyma

HSC
i think ive grown more close to my highschool friends since school finished .. and close to my old friends from primary school .. coz they went to other schools but now were all in the same boat.

and i dont feel different with the uai ethier.. coz alot of my primary friends got like 90 over super duper private school scores n i got 60ish but still got into sydney uni.

reading all of this does worry me though lol..

burymeinblack

HSC
That sounds terrible..
I know I'd feel alittle weird if my friends started doing that.
I don't blame you for just wanting to have fun, but it sounds like they are too serious about the rest of their lives. It's good, but bad too.
Maybe talk to them about it?
I hope it all works out for you. :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)