What Anti-Virus Software Have You Got? (1 Viewer)

Weddas

Cooking Up a Storm
HSC
AVG FTW! i have never had any problems. no preformance warping crap (norton anyone....).

And you can get it for.... FREE!

Peace
Weddas

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
My antivirus/firewall/anti-spyware is called Linux Ubuntu

Nothing targets linux so I don't need anything. Gotta love small yet awesome OS.

AppearOffline

HSC
Nothing on Ubuntu.
When I boot Vista, it runs ESET Smart Security + Spybot S&D.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
your mum's a decent antivirus.

prevention is better than the cure as she forces you off the computer before you start accessing the wrong things on the internet.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
microsoft security essentials light, cloud based and apparently it is picking up viruses that not even NOD32 picks up

oh and Norton is fail, I have heard stories of it leaving heaps of viruses and it left like 90 on mine

lawesomes

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

Honestly there is no hard and fast rule as to what to use, best approach is probably to look at benchmarks and see what you like.

Id suggest taking a look at Outpost Firewall and Eset nod32 v3 (they are both very affordable, leave low memory footprints and cover a range of best practice). That being said they do cost money (unless you pull a dodgey)

Some free options -> Commodo firewall, Online Armor, Avg. However in my experience avg cannot compare with nod32, but dont flame on it =)

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
nod32 is decent
tbh unless it is someones comptuer who does not have a clue about what websites not to go on, and does not use common sense online then there is no need to pay for anti virus anymore

and norton nobody should use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)