What are my chances (1 Viewer)

brad616

HSC
Thanks but just to clarify one thing because I have completed less than 48CP i.e less than one year full time that does mean that they WONT take my uni results into consideration and that it will be 100% UAI/ATAR?? in all institutions?
e.g if I am failing this semester or failed one subject etc last semester will that severely jeopordise my chances of being accepted next year or will it not matter as I have not completed one year study and am therefore being considered on 100% UAI/ATAR

rx34

HSC
Thanks but just to clarify one thing because I have completed less than 48CP i.e less than one year full time that does mean that they WONT take my uni results into consideration and that it will be 100% UAI/ATAR?? in all institutions?
Yes, someone in previous post has answered your question before, it would be based on ur UAI. Theoretically, it is supposed to be 100% with less than one full time study year. But since you fail some subjects, I am not sure whether they would take that into consideration. Failing is a big nono in transferring. You just have to keep your fingers cross that they don't.

rx34

HSC
e.g if I am failing this semester or failed one subject etc last semester will that severely jeopordise my chances of being accepted next year or will it not matter as I have not completed one year study and am therefore being considered on 100% UAI/ATAR
And how can you be failing this semester? The semester has only just begun (week 4 for me).

Andi0390

HSC
Its very simple.

You do a full year of study and apply through UAC then they count your GPA.

You don't do a full year of study and they don't count your GPA.

If a fail is on your record then it counts a unit, and therefore contributes to your study. I believe you have to do 8 units for it to be considered full time. Anything on your record counts. Fails are bad.

If you are repeatedly failing then maybe university isn't the best place for you.

If you think you are failing because of the degree you are doing, then maybe take a semester of until your transfer. Fails are very bad for your record.

Please stop quoting yourself and posting, its incredibly stupid and annoying. Please stop multiple posting, there is no need for this.

brad616

HSC
And how can you be failing this semester? The semester has only just begun (week 4 for me).
Thank you very much. Well I failed one subject last semester so that could be taken into account etc. I will try my best this semester etc. I hope that it will all work out in the end. I will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Brad

brad616

HSC
Its very simple.

You do a full year of study and apply through UAC then they count your GPA.

You don't do a full year of study and they don't count your GPA.

If a fail is on your record then it counts a unit, and therefore contributes to your study. I believe you have to do 8 units for it to be considered full time. Anything on your record counts. Fails are bad.

If you are repeatedly failing then maybe university isn't the best place for you.

If you think you are failing because of the degree you are doing, then maybe take a semester of until your transfer. Fails are very bad for your record.

Please stop quoting yourself and posting, its incredibly stupid and annoying. Please stop multiple posting, there is no need for this.
Yes I am aware of this and that they wont be counting by GAP as I have not completed one year full time. However, if a fail is onmy record how will it contribute as a unit and therefore contributes to my study:confused::confused::confused:. I was failing because of the degree but have changed my study plan so my subjects are going slightly better.

I am not deliberately trying to quote myself and posting it if I have done it I can assure that it was a mistake. The posts have been as a response to those people who were generous enough to assist me.

brad616

HSC
Did you write the HSC or did you sit the HSC?
All I am trying to do is understand my chances and things I can do to maximise my chances of being accepted next year. Your kindness and assistance is greatly appreciated.

brad616

HSC
All I am trying to do is understand my chances and things I can do to maximise my chances of being accepted next year. Your kindness and assistance is greatly appreciated.
Like what I am saying if I failed one subject but got like D's and HD's this semester and got a GPA of lets say 4 (or 1.33) depending on which system with a UAI of around 90 (with bonus points) would I stand a chance in getting accepted into either Comemrce/Arts @ Sydney Uni or Commerce/Arts at UNSW. Just to rephrase my question. I have assissted anwering peoples questions on many occassions so I would appreciate it if people helped me answer mine.

Brad

Ok so that confirms it 3 Passes and 1 Fail last semester and hoping for 1 Credit and/or 1 Distinction this semester

Last edited:

brad616

HSC
Like what I am saying if I failed one subject but got like D's and HD's this semester and got a GPA of lets say 4 (or 1.33) depending on which system with a UAI of around 90 (with bonus points) would I stand a chance in getting accepted into either Comemrce/Arts @ Sydney Uni or Commerce/Arts at UNSW. Just to rephrase my question. I have assissted anwering peoples questions on many occassions so I would appreciate it if people helped me answer mine.

Brad

Ok so that confirms it 3 Passes and 1 Fail last semester and hoping for 1 Credit and/or 1 Distinction this semester
3P+1F+1C+1D + UAI of 91.95 (with EAS and bonus points)
Hoping for: B Comerce/B Arts- 94.75 ATAR cut-off

Andi0390

HSC
That would only be six subjects where you need eight for your GPA to be calculated.

Your GPA (approx of sticky info)

Pass = 4

Fail = 0

Credit = 5

Distinction = 6

(3 x 4 + 0 + 5 + 6 )/6 = 3.83

According to the pdf. in the sticky this equals an entrance equivalent of 79. This would pull your UAI down to 85ish if it was counted. This will not help you.

I'm not how it works - my way of working it out may be way off. This is my estimate.

I don't know if your UAI will get you in. It might but its likely it will not, especially if its a popular course.

Honestly you are just pushing it too far. You didn't get in. You are trying all these ways to weedle yourself in but you have to accept that you didn't do well enough to reach the cut off. I don't really agree with people using special consideration, I could have done it, a lot of people could have but I didn't because I wanted to do a course that I achieved the privilege to enter. If you cannot study under tough circumstances then you are going to have trouble later on, because uni isn't that easy.

You might be lucky and get offered a spot. But get over and stop asking these ridiculous questions when people have already answered you a million times.

rx34

HSC
Yep, I totally agree with Andi0390. Stop quoting yourself, it's lame. Really, most of the answers are in the stickies. Just read it.

brad616

HSC
Yep, I totally agree with Andi0390. Stop quoting yourself, it's lame. Really, most of the answers are in the stickies. Just read it.
Fine, thanks for your attempts to answer my questions that have been answered one million times:jedi::burn:

brad616

HSC
So that other people can help me answer it.

Brad
Not that any one else cares...

But they did make a mistake in my last semesters results.

Just to confirm it:

4 PASSES
1 DISTINCTION (so far)
2 HIGH DISTINCTION

UAI= 91.95 (including bonus points for EAS)

Am eligible for Special Consideration, Special admissions etc.

Anything else I can do?

AIMING FOR: Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Arts @ Sydney University 2010 (with credits)

This means a great deal to me and I do strongly feel that I have earnt the privilage to enter this course with credits next year. Your assistnace is immensely appreciated!

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
B.Com/B.Arts....:confused:

Brad, in all honesty if your raw UAI (excl. bonus points etc) is ~85ish, then you should be looking at your priorities and where you would be willing to alter your plans a little.

Forget the double degree for the moment if you're intent on USYD/UNSW as your GPA plus UAI wont be enough to get you into the 98~ B.Com/B.Arts double degrees.

In my opinion, you have two realistic options here:

1. Look elsewhere if you're intent on doing the double degree (UTS/UWS/UOW/UNCLE etc); or
2. Focus on applying for the B.Com or B.Arts single degree, and then if you do well enough once in UNSW/USYD, then look at transferring across to the double degree.

Honestly, your attempts to slide yourself into the double degree, considering your UAI and current GPA, are a bit unrealistic. Look at other options.

Last edited:

brad616

HSC
B.Com/B.Arts....:confused:

Brad, in all honesty if your raw UAI (excl. bonus points etc) is ~85ish, then you should be looking at your priorities and where you would be willing to alter your plans a little.

Forget the double degree for the moment if you're intent on USYD/UNSW as your GPA plus UAI wont be enough to get you into the 98~ B.Com/B.Arts double degrees.

In my opinion, you have two realistic options here:

1. Look elsewhere if you're intent on doing the double degree (UTS/UWS/UOW/UNCLE etc); or
2. Focus on applying for the B.Com or B.Arts single degree, and then if you do well enough once in UNSW/USYD, then look at transferring across to the double degree.

Look at other options.
There is no such thing as an unrealistic goal- anything is possible if you put our mind to it. Commerce/Arts is NOT 98.00 it is 94.30 and the NRSL cut-off at Sydney is 89.60 and 91.00 at UNSW. Also, my GPA of 5.00 is equivilent to a selection rank of 90. With Special Consideration at UNSW I can get a maximum of up to 5 points extra allowing my selection rank to be > 91 and hence getting offered a place.
There is no such thing as an unrealistic goal! Anything is possible if you put your mind to it!
Honestly, your attempts to slide yourself into the double degree, considering your UAI and current GPA, are a bit unrealistic.

I might not get in but by trying my very best what have I got to loose?:sun:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)