What are people at UOW like? (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
:( I was from unanderra and moved to dapto.
Well jm, at least you moved to the top of the list. No prizes for being second. :D

kiteblood

HSC
I don't know what the people are like yet, but I can tell you that I am an asshole.

IF IT ISN'T PREDOMINATELY SURFIE WHY DID UNICENTRE GIVE EVERYONE A FREE SURFING MAGAZINE? WTF SRSLY.

nwatts

HSC
Without Wings said:
because the magazine company probably payed them too...:p

hey i didnt get a free magazine yet. they better have one for me.
Yeah it's the government's compensation for VSU. Butter us up with surfie magazines.

And i agree. I would have preferred the chicks' mag, frankie, that they also gave out (btw- i'm actually male).

kiteblood

HSC
nwatts said:
Yeah it's the government's compensation for VSU. Butter us up with surfie magazines.

And i agree. I would have preferred the chicks' mag, frankie, that they also gave out (btw- i'm actually male).

I missed out on a chicks' magazine? Damn, damn, double damn.

It only really annoyed me because it's something that's obviously not going to appeal to the general student population, therefore a waste of time for a lot of people. I mean, if someone came up to me randomly and said, "Hey, you want this gnarly surfing mag, dude?" I'd politely refuse. How many people are just going to throw that away? Me, for one.

HSC
kiteblood said:
I missed out on a chicks' magazine? Damn, damn, double damn.

It only really annoyed me because it's something that's obviously not going to appeal to the general student population, therefore a waste of time for a lot of people. I mean, if someone came up to me randomly and said, "Hey, you want this gnarly surfing mag, dude?" I'd politely refuse. How many people are just going to throw that away? Me, for one.
Welcome to Uni, most the amazing free shit you get is totally useless. At the same time though, given that it's "free", if you happen to point out to anyone that it is not useful, you'll be called selfish, and possibly a capitalist pig. Enjoy!

nwatts

HSC
Without Wings said:
oh so you mean i'm going to get a "chicks" magazine :( I want the surfing one. Chicks magazines are boring, (How to get the perfect boyfriend! Bradd Pitt and his new lady!) At least the surfie one would have awesome pics.
I'll trade you nick.
Sure.

Stupid uni. :( Should have given me free accommodation instead.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
Serius said:
the people from wollongong usually have a wierd expression on their face, similiar to someone with Downe Syndrome trying to sneer, and they smell a bit like cabbage...

what do you expect people from Wollongong to be like? if your from Sydney they will seem pretty much the same, if you are from somewhere else you might notice there are more asians than you are used to, dont be scared, they are mostly just overseas students and they dont bite.

what else.... ahhh there is a large proportion of wogs, similiar to what you would find in Cronulla on a sunday night...actually alot of the people up there were probably from Wollongong... anyways dont worry about them either, most of em are nice enough and the bad ones dont like to start shit in their hometown, they usually go elseware to cause trouble.
The girls here are HOT, so like dont make any plans.

some uni people look a bit like bums, its ok, they just dont have a job, live in low rent places and with the rest of their dole money buy 2 monute noodles to live off and second hand clothing from Badrins[R.I.P] they typically are at uni for their umpteenth year and so like to think of the campus as their home. best not to talk to that sort

i think thats about it, if someone says they are from the following areas, be wary
Dapto
Kanahooka
Unanderra
Jambaroo[but not cause they will mug you, because they are imbred]

gl in your stay at happy Wollongong
you forgot koonawarra.
and kanahooka isnt that bad. dapto and koonawarra are far worse by comparison.

minorproblem

Master of Perky Nipples
HSC
I remember when i first moved down to Wollongong i saw an advertisement for $30 accommodation in Warrawong and thought oh sweet only 20 minutes from uni and cheap. The accommodation itself was awesome, the fact that it was located in the middle of Warrawong freaked me out allot. I never believed the term "barefoot and pregnant" until i lived there i moved out as fast as i could, i now live about 8 minutes walk from uni near, near north gong station a billion times better and have loved it for the last 2 years or so at this new house.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
minorproblem said:
I remember when i first moved down to Wollongong i saw an advertisement for $30 accommodation in Warrawong and thought oh sweet only 20 minutes from uni and cheap. The accommodation itself was awesome, the fact that it was located in the middle of Warrawong freaked me out allot. I never believed the term "barefoot and pregnant" until i lived there i moved out as fast as i could, i now live about 8 minutes walk from uni near, near north gong station a billion times better and have loved it for the last 2 years or so at this new house.
You're just not used to it! Warrawong isn't that bad! :( :(

Though I'd love to live where you are now for a couple of reasons:
1). Eight minutes to uni means wake up later.
2). Concerts finish later than 11:15 normally, so I miss my last train out of Sydney. If I was to live in North Wollongong, I could catch the 12:15 home! :)

nikturner

HSC
hey everyone,
well im hoping to come to wollongong next yr to go to uni, where should i or shouldnt i live? lol. there seems to be alot of indecision about it.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
politik said:
Hot and Sexy. But they're too far away for us Sydneysiders to get any of that hot action. No really, all the people i've met from UOW are kind and smart peoples. *jealousy*
we are fairly awesome :)

how many people have you met from there alan? any faculties in particular?

because us creative arts people are just too fucking sexy for our own good :uhhuh:

nwatts

HSC
Tulipa said:
we are fairly awesome :)

how many people have you met from there alan? any faculties in particular?

because us creative arts people are just too fucking sexy for our own good :uhhuh:
She speaks the truth. :p

johnny_87

HSC
I couldn't believe it when I started, but the Chem 101 lectures on Mon/Tues are pretty good for talent. ;)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
im from stanny and reckon port kembla and those places are fucked.

ill be hittin up uow this yr. ill probly hav to get train every day = shit

on a different note.. did anyone hit up glassy last nite ? haha i did. few weeks ago was better though. me and my mates were scullin drinks with gower, wesser and girdler haha it was sik

iPud

HSC
sando said:
on a different note.. did anyone hit up glassy last nite ? haha i did. few weeks ago was better though. me and my mates were scullin drinks with gower, wesser and girdler haha it was sik
Arsehouse? Oh! You've only just finished high school. There there it's going to be alright.

pogiangel

HSC
I am from Dapto. It's not a bad place at all. Uhhhh, let me rephrase that maybe...

Living anywhere west, past the train tracks is good. Lots of new houses and such. Your average middle class suburbia.

The older parts of Dapto are probably where you will want to avoid... And we are getting a big shiny mall built so thats very exciting.

Jerome

HSC
West Dapto (or should i say Horsley <rolls eyes>) isnt the only nice part of dapto.

iPud said:
Arsehouse? Oh! You've only just finished high school. There there it's going to be alright.
Er, according to your profile, it says you finished your HSC a lil over 3 years ago, and that you joined this site last month. Why did you have a sudden urge to join now?

iPud

HSC
I am currently a university student... there is a university section here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)